What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're going BOWLINNNGGGGGGGGGGG

WERE GOING BOWLING COLORADO NATION!!!!!

Btw, that was a horrible game but some amazing D!
16-02-When-Harry-Met-Sally-quotes.gif

Not pretty, but beating Stanford on the road when we aren't playing nearly our best? I'll ****ing take it.

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Who cried or teared up?
Not that far for me, but I'm cold and heartless.

But, I did think of my father yesterday afternoon and last night. Yesterday was a big moment in the progression of CU football and the return of CU to the place where they should be. I thought, how nice it would have been for my father to be alive for this.

It wasn't until seeing the faces of the Cubs fans in the 9th inning, that I put an expression on my fathers face. How happy he would have been for that team; the tears that would have been rolling down his cheeks.

So I'm a little loopy this morning, but OSU's loss last night starts to open up a path to the playoff for the Buffs.

-Obviously we need to win out
-Probably need Utah or USC to beat Washington so we hang a second L on UW. Exception may be if we blow UW out in a Pac-12 title game. Makes CU the lone playoff contender out of the Pac-12.
-Need Michigan to win out and hang the second L on OSU, preferably by a wide margin. If that happens, I do not see a 1-loss team emerging from the Big Ten (Nebraska will lose the next two in a row).
-Need a second loss by A&M (don't see it - toughest games are LSU and Ole Miss at home)
-Need a second loss by UF (will happen)
-Need West Virginia and Baylor to lose twice (play each other in final week; otherwise Baylor's toughest remaining are @ OU, @UT (lol) and v. TCU; for WVU, @OSU, @UT (lol) and v. OU) (Go Longhorns!)
-Need Louisville to lose once more or Clemson to lose twice (UL at Houston is best bet for its second loss; Clemson could lose at FSU and again in ACC title game)
-Likely need FSU to lose a third game
-May need Boise State or Western Michigan to lose one, but I am not so sure (especially for WMU)
-Would be good for USC to win out

This scenario puts Alabama and Michigan in the playoff. Same scenario but without a second loss by A&M gets A&M in. A one loss Clemson, Louisville, WVU or Baylor (barf) for sure gets in over the Buffs. So next week we need to be rooting for Utah, Georgia (v. UF), Okie State (v. WVU), UT (v. Baylor), UVA (v. Louisville) and FSU (v. Clemson). Oh, and New Mexico State at College Station.

I believe we can win the remaining games, but the last three games are a gauntlet. Likely that all three opponents will be ranked in the top 20. Also, **** WSU for couging it against EWU. Way to take a crap on the conference.

So I'm a little loopy this morning, but OSU's loss last night starts to open up a path to the playoff for the Buffs.

-Obviously we need to win out
-Probably need Utah or USC to beat Washington so we hang a second L on UW. Exception may be if we blow UW out in a Pac-12 title game. Makes CU the lone playoff contender out of the Pac-12.
-Need Michigan to win out and hang the second L on OSU, preferably by a wide margin. If that happens, I do not see a 1-loss team emerging from the Big Ten (Nebraska will lose the next two in a row).
-Need a second loss by A&M (don't see it - toughest games are LSU and Ole Miss at home)
-Need a second loss by UF (will happen)
-Need West Virginia and Baylor to lose twice (play each other in final week; otherwise Baylor's toughest remaining are @ OU, @UT (lol) and v. TCU; for WVU, @OSU, @UT (lol) and v. OU) (Go Longhorns!)
-Need Louisville to lose once more or Clemson to lose twice (UL at Houston is best bet for its second loss; Clemson could lose at FSU and again in ACC title game)
-Likely need FSU to lose a third game
-May need Boise State or Western Michigan to lose one, but I am not so sure (especially for WMU)
-Would be good for USC to win out

This scenario puts Alabama and Michigan in the playoff. Same scenario but without a second loss by A&M gets A&M in. A one loss Clemson, Louisville, WVU or Baylor (barf) for sure gets in over the Buffs. So next week we need to be rooting for Utah, Georgia (v. UF), Okie State (v. WVU), UT (v. Baylor), UVA (v. Louisville) and FSU (v. Clemson). Oh, and New Mexico State at College Station.

I believe we can win the remaining games, but the last three games are a gauntlet. Likely that all three opponents will be ranked in the top 20. Also, **** WSU for couging it against EWU. Way to take a crap on the conference.

Careful. I smell
kool_aid_man_normal.png
on your breath.

Not that far for me, but I'm cold and heartless.

But, I did think of my father yesterday afternoon and last night. Yesterday was a big moment in the progression of CU football and the return of CU to the place where they should be. I thought, how nice it would have been for my father to be alive for this.

It wasn't until seeing the faces of the Cubs fans in the 9th inning, that I put an expression on my fathers face. How happy he would have been for that team; the tears that would have been rolling down his cheeks.
Feel ya on that man, I thought about my dad quite a bit yesterday.

Those are some serious "what ifs" ..... wow put the bowl down. I like you're thinking though.

The last time I put together such a scenario was in 2001 after the loss to Texas. I was a freshman at the time. Almost all the dominoes fell. Actually, all the dominoes did fall, we just got screwed. Highly unlikely, and I'm not sure I want to see what would happen in a first round playoff match-up against Bama.

Back