1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a huge win for South Florida..

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Sep 9, 2007.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

winning at Auburn.. I was shocked to see that.. Leavitt is building a good program down there.. 10 years from now South Florida might be bigger than FSU or Miami..They said during the game that they are the 9th largest school in the country (45,000) students. I had no idea they had that many kids going there..

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Leavitt has had chances to go other places but has stayed at USF. you have to admire that some. also, from what i understand they are really spending money on facilities and such....making a commitment.

3. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Yeah it was huge alright. It cost me ten points :sad2:

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

They should have won by more. Auburn's offense is pretty bad right now.

5. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

:yeahthat: ****ers. :sad1:

6. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

what does this say about k state? i thought it was a decent loss for them last week, but now i think auburn is just a mediocre team at best

7. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

It looks like there is alot of parity this season: Middle Tenn puts up 42 on Louisville; CSU plays Cal well after they thrashed ranked Tennessee; S Carolina beats GA (11); Wake plays Neb (16) well; Boise State has nothing against unranked UW; Fresno State loses to the Aggies in 3 OT; LA Tech nearly beats Hawaii (20). Won't even mention big blue or Auburn. This is why CFB is great. Also means the Buffs have no gimme games. Lets face it neither CSU or ASU are on the radar nationally......we can't take any game for granted.

8. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

War Eagle sucks. Tubberville is over rated.

9. Duff Man

**** you.

10. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

but War Eagle does sort of suck...I never quite understood why the Auburn Tigers have an eagle as a mascot. Maybe there's a cool story behind it like Revellie and A&M, but War Eagle is still no Ralphie, UGA bulldog, or even Bevo.

11. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

I don't know the history or the traditions of War Eagle. Southern schools have more of that in their Pinky than the entire big 12 has combined. Anyway, I do quite vividly remember Bo Jackson and the Auburn teams of the 80s. They were the crem de le crem of college football and what Tuberville is doing is not justice to them.

BB. You know I was calling you out with that post. :smile2:

12. Duff Man

Legend goes that a Confederate war vet had found an eagle on a battlefield and kept it for years after the war until 1892 when Auburn faced Georgia (oldest rivalry in the South) for the first time. The eagle broke free at some point and Auburn students started chanting "War Eagle" and the team ended up winning. The rest is history.

And I know you were calling me out Miami, asshole.:smile2: Oh well, they were lucky win last week-eventually you run out of luck. As long as they beat those ****ers from Tuscaloosa, it's all good.

And you might to check your facts on Tuberville. He is 71-30 with a SEC Championship/undefeated season on his resume. He is 16-8 against our biggest rivals and he has beaten Bama five straight times. It don't get much better than that.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  13. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

**** you. The farmers are going to be put in their rightful place again this year.

14. Duff Man

Sorry, six in a row for Auburn after this year. Not even that douchebag Nick Saban can help you guys.:lol:

15. Saulbadguy

Saulbadguy Member

It's obvious that...

Auburn is/was Overrated
    KSU's defense is/was overrated