1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What assistant that JE hired are you most impressed with?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by stl/dog, Nov 21, 2011.

1. stl/dog

stl/dog Member

I was and am still most excited for EB....not so much for what I have seen this year, but just bc I love the guy and love seeing him wear BG again.

Bobby Kennedy has impressed me the most so far this year. The Texas pipeline has been necessary, we got great play from a healthy PRich and a revamped Clemons.

Agree? Disagree?

JimmyBuff likes this.
  2. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

I'll get back to you on this in 2013 when we actually have two recruiting classes under our belt, have talented players in the program, and have actually had a chance to coach up that talent. The players we have now, try as they might, and I believe they are trying, are not of a caliber to play against the likes of the rest of the Pac12 or Big 12.

3. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Well-Known Member

I am mostly surprised that our offense has not produced better numbers this year. This was a senior laden unit that had potential to put up decent numbers. I really thought we would put up more points on teams this year. That said, I think EB has done a much better job of play calling and than what we have seen here recently, but still surprised we went able to come along a little more offensively.

4. stl/dog

stl/dog Member

Fair enough. Not the most ideal time to make a selection, but who is showing you something you like after almost a full season in the books?

5. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I would have liked to see a better offense but it's tough when your senior QB is blind to the middle of the field 90% of the time.

6. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Cabral by default but as we're putting Daigh and Greer in the game late in blowouts they seem to be in there making plays. Don't know if these are instincts they've had or if practicing in BC's unit is helping them make these strides. Big potential from both.

7. Quattro

Gotta go with Rip. Hansen still isn't good but he's made huge strides with Rip's coaching.

8. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

9. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Kennedy/Rip/Brookhart.

ST's were a dumpster fire at the beginning of the season but it has turned around quite nicely

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Special teams may be better than the start of the season, but still very much a work in progress. Really bad in the return game and short kickoffs continue to be an issue for the coverage team. Combine that with the lack of production at TE and the struggles with in-state recruiting, it is really hard for me to put Brookhart anywhere near the top of the list for assistants who have done a good job this season.

11. Del

Del Member

1. Bobby Kennedy 2. Kanavis They have been the best recruiters so far out of the bunch.

12. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I fail at answering questions. As far as the assistants who came to Boulder with Embree I like Rip as Tyler is progressing as he should have in his true (or redshirt, ideally) sophomore year under Kiesau. If he had a line to protect him we'd see even greater improvement.

Recruiting, I like Kennedy in Dallas and Kanavis in Houston. Still need wins to pull more elites from those areas.

13. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

As a position coach - EB. It's been a long time since our RBs have run with authority and aggression. If the Oline can do a little better job run blocking Speedy, Jonesy and Ford would be chewing up yards.
    2nd place: Blacken - we are clearly stronger, faster and tougher and I attribute most of that to him.

14. Buff_nc

Buff_nc Club Member Club Member

Wow, can't believe some of the optimistic selections above. The only one i thought gets above a 'C' is Kennedy, and i think he gets MVP. not only does he seem to be our only recruiter, but i was pretty impressed with Clemmons improvement and richardson prior to injury. and overall I saw pretty good WR blocking too (and effort!) which we haven't seen forever (well, except the year Hawk was coaching the position :rofl: ) .
    On special teams, yes I actually think we were worse. okay, our kickers were both better and that counts, but man, the coverages and returns were bad. and what was up using ~15 different returners, a different one in each half of each game? I think we need Riddle to come back and do a clique on those areas. the players on the DL and LB regressed, as did Deehan at TE. No need to discuss the defensive backfield.
    RB and QB...MAYBE okay - speedy seemed improved but wow hard to give a good grade with how far our running game regressed from last year. QB - Hansen definitely improved as a drop back / WC passer, but like from a D to a C grade. But I think that position was badly mismanaged, he just isn't a WC QB. They completely put the handcuffs on him and I think that hurt our offense a ton. He really only ran against AZ and it helped a ton. They should have been doing that much, much more.

15. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

One more nod to Rip. The QB's are taking care of the ball. Not alot of batted down balls. The telescoping of passes we saw last year have gone down, too.

Good TD to Int ratio. Tyler is getting good exchanges from the center and staying in control in the pocket. Last season Tyler was all over the place.

There are some things Rip can't coach, like arm strength, football IQ, leadership qualities and pinpoint accuracy. Completion percentage would be better if the WR's didn't drop so many catchible balls and there is a deeper and healthier bench of Playmaking WR's. While Tyler is far from the best QB in the P12, he has been serviceable. Rip has done a nice job transforming Hansen in 2011.

It will be exciting to see what is in store for Wood, Hirsh, Dillon and Dorman under Scherer.

16. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Kennedy. Not even close.

17. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Tui ? by a hair ?

18. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

What's Tui done?

19. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

D-line up grade

20. Burrito Palazzo

Did you see the game Saturday?

21. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

So far it's easily Bobby Kennedy. The WRs have improved as the season progressed. Clemons is an excellent example. Kennedy also led the way in getting the Texas high school WRs that look very promising. Also, Wood probably wouldn't be at CU without Kennedy and I wouldn't be surprised if we pull one or two more transfers from Texas in the next couple of years thanks to Kennedy.

I think EB will turn out to be a really good OC, but it's hard to tell yet.

22. Quattro

How much of bad reads can be placed on coaching when they only need to do it once a year? I'm not saying he's the best right now but he's far from the worse.

Also heard that Major was in a car crash on Friday and was playing with stiches in his head during the game. Would make sense for his play Saturday.

23. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

1. Kennedy ..... after that nobody.

24. Burrito Palazzo

You lost me? Obi, bonsu, pericak, etc...lost in the shuffle.

25. buffsyko

Wwwwwwhat? We gave up 365 yds rushing to ucla.

The D-LINE is too small to be playing a 3-4. Embree and our DC need to re-think the defense until they get the players to play a 3-4, including bigger and quicker lb's.

26. Burrito Palazzo

I know, right?

27. bigskybuff

bigskybuff Club Member Club Member

you're an idiot. Did you get banned from another website again? Your supposedly leading questions are a joke. There's a singlewide trailer missing it's owner. Go find it.

oops, sorry...you're an idot.

28. Burrito Palazzo

You talkin' to me or Syko?

29. buffsyko

:lol: Neither you nor I asked the question so it must not be either of us. But for the sake of argument, it must be you...:nod: Wait, I got banned at ramnation , maybe it's me...

Burrito Palazzo likes this.
  30. Quattro

Youve got a lot of catching up to do old man.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag