What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What channel CU/UA for DirecTV?

3 years ago games like Charleston Southern and UCA wouldn't have been broadcast at all. The Pac-12 Network is a monumental improvement over the Big XII days as far as I can tell. But maybe you DTV guys had some super-secret way to watch all those games back then? It would explain a lot.

Or on some obscure fox channel broadcast in SD.

No, games like Charleston Southern would have been radio-only back in the Big XII days, so it's no change for me now. I do wish KOA would find a better play-by-play guy than Johnson. Having listened to him more this year than ever before, he's ****ing awful.

No, games like Charleston Southern would have been radio-only back in the Big XII days, so it's no change for me now. I do wish KOA would find a better play-by-play guy than Johnson. Having listened to him more this year than ever before, he's ****ing awful.

:yeahthat:

One play Saturday night was the perfect example. AZ threw a pass 20-25 yards down the field, and there was contact with the receiver. That much I got from Johnson. Then he mentioned the flag came out. Imagine my surprise when the official said that AZ was declining the penalty because the yardage from the catch was more advantageous. It seems that Johnson sort of forgot to mention the THE RECEIVER CAUGHT THE BALL. Kind of basic play-by-play info there, Mark....

:yeahthat:

One play Saturday night was the perfect example. AZ threw a pass 20-25 yards down the field, and there was contact with the receiver. That much I got from Johnson. Then he mentioned the flag came out. Imagine my surprise when the official said that AZ was declining the penalty because the yardage from the catch was more advantageous. It seems that Johnson sort of forgot to mention the THE RECEIVER CAUGHT THE BALL. Kind of basic play-by-play info there, Mark....

Along those lines, he's always describing what happened during the play before actually telling you what happened. Like when someone scores a TD, you hear all the details before he informs you that oh-by-the-way a TD was scored.

...puts the foot to it...
...takes the snap chest high....
...TOUCHDOWN, TOUCHDOWN COLORADO...

I'm loving the PAC 12 Channel and Dish Network. Its not hard to switch if its that big of a deal to you.

3 years ago games like Charleston Southern and UCA wouldn't have been broadcast at all. The Pac-12 Network is a monumental improvement over the Big XII days as far as I can tell. But maybe you DTV guys had some super-secret way to watch all those games back then? It would explain a lot.

Excellent point. I'd forgotten that about 1/3 of our games were not even on TV under the old system.

Back