What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What do you think of Vegas as a permanent venue?

Keep it in Vegas!

• Vegas every tear, baby!

Votes: 60 93.8%
  • No way! Move it around!

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
I voted Vegas every tear. If I tear something, I want to look forward to a Vegas run as payback.

It has to be in Vegas. The other (very unlikely) potential is to rotate it through Denver, Phoenix, Staples Center, Rose Garden, and the new arena in Seattle. Such a rotation runs into the same issues the Pac-10/12 had in LA, though - limited attendance.

Especially with the new stadium built by UNLV, see http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/16/unlv-new-stadium-100-yard-video-screen/1839537/, I think Larry's ultimate goal is to make the Pac-12 in Vegas what the Big East at Madison Square is (will have been).

Forgot to add the Warriors new arena to the rotation possibility (wouldn't mind this place): http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Warriors-SF-arena-framework-taking-shape-3951472.php

Last edited:
The PAC 12 is ok with Pullman potentially hosting the FB championship.
Yeah that's because they realize the only way the game is going to be a sellout(even though it wasn't last year) is if there's a home field not a neutral field. basketball is a different animal, every team knows they are in and the seating capacity is smaller. If every team brings 1k fans, it's a sellout. Also, the big thing on football is it's generally on very short notice if teams know they'll be in it.

It has to be in Vegas. The other (very unlikely) potential is to rotate it through Denver, Phoenix, Staples Center, Rose Garden, and the new arena in Seattle. Such a rotation runs into the same issues the Pac-10/12 had in LA, though - limited attendance.

Especially with the new stadium built by UNLV, see http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/16/unlv-new-stadium-100-yard-video-screen/1839537/, I think Larry's ultimate goal is to make the Pac-12 in Vegas what the Big East at Madison Square is (will have been).

Forgot to add the Warriors new arena to the rotation possibility (wouldn't mind this place): http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Warriors-SF-arena-framework-taking-shape-3951472.php
Take it you think Kings to Seattle is a done deal?

I just got back from Vegas last night and think it definitely needs to stay in Vegas. It's a cool atmosphere and was a lot of fun talking with other Pac-12 fans in the hotels and seeing people all over the strip wearing their team colors. I wouldn't have flown from Boston to LA for the conference tourney but I did jump at the chance to spend a weekend in Vegas. Unfortunately I arrived Friday morning and didn't even get to watch my Buffs play. The AZ vs UCLA game was fun though

I got back yesterday. Definitely vegas, that was great. Hope it stays at the MGM and not UNLV, it is so convenient on the strip plus the staff working the event were so cool and relaxed about everything, helped make it a great experience. Plastic cups at the security line, it looked like you might have been able to bring beers in!
agree too many Az people though, but we'll just have to work through that.

I got back yesterday. Definitely vegas, that was great. Hope it stays at the MGM and not UNLV, it is so convenient on the strip plus the staff working the event were so cool and relaxed about everything, helped make it a great experience. Plastic cups at the security line, it looked like you might have been able to bring beers in!
agree too many Az people though, but we'll just have to work through that.

Yes! If you had a drink, you could just pour it into the cup and bring it into the stadium.

Vegas has two other conference tourneys so I think it's worth keeping it in Vegas. I'll consider going to Vegas during tourney time down the road.

I got back yesterday. Definitely vegas, that was great. Hope it stays at the MGM and not UNLV, it is so convenient on the strip plus the staff working the event were so cool and relaxed about everything, helped make it a great experience. Plastic cups at the security line, it looked like you might have been able to bring beers in!agree too many Az people though, but we'll just have to work through that.
Don't think it's moving to UNLV unless the Mtn West is planning on moving theirs.

I didn't see any of the players out. I wonder if they kept a tight leash on them.

saw one or two out after their teams were eliminated, likely killing time before their flights. Not a lot of time to get in trouble though. Having the tournament in the same hotel as they are staying I am sure makes it easier to keep an eye on them.

I didn't see any of the players out. I wonder if they kept a tight leash on them.

I'm sure they are watched much closer than they were in LA and probably any other road venue. The athletes already know that one "minor" mistake can lead to severe consequences. Not to say, some don't try to "test" the rules like anything else when parameters are put in place.

I'm sure the coaches remind them that this is a "business trip." Don't do anything on this business trip, you wouldn't do if you were on a real one.

We saw a couple buffs right before they left. Was cool. Talked to Tad. Love that guy.

Back