What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What fuels our rivalries?

sportprof101

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm a student at NKU and I wanted to learn more about Colorado's Rivals and I thought no better way than jumping into this message board. With the help of message board members beginning in 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—began answering this question and others related to rivalry in the NCAA FBS. No one knows the rivalries of the Buffaloes better than this message board community. Please help us update and expand our results to ensure that the Colorado Buffaloes are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our newest survey:

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?grpID=1051&mbsrc=mb

Our previous results have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website BUT we'd prefer you didn't until you completed the survey via the link above... we don't want to influence your opinions provided in the survey.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. There are plenty of other teams you can look into as well on the site if you had other favorite teams. I'd love to know more in this thread about why certain teams are rivals. Thank you for helping us to include the Buffaloes by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Zachary Beal, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

Here you go:

/Thread

Oh wait...you said NKU. My bad, I thought you said KNU. Carry on.

Bruce Feldman of ESPN:
The worst and most classless bumper sticker ever came from the Midwest. In 1988, Colorado star quarterback, Sal Aunese, was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Aunesse died in the middle of the 1989 season. An idiot Nebraska fan printed bumper stickers that said, "Go Big Red; Sal is Dead." I know it was the work of one idiot but to this day I always pulld for the Buffaloes when they face Nebraska.

"Sal is dead, go Big Red" painted on I-70? How about the "CU in hell Sal" signs?

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm a student at NKU and I wanted to learn more about Colorado's Rivals and I thought no better way than jumping into this message board. With the help of message board members beginning in 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—began answering this question and others related to rivalry in the NCAA FBS. No one knows the rivalries of the Buffaloes better than this message board community. Please help us update and expand our results to ensure that the Colorado Buffaloes are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our newest survey:

https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?grpID=1051&mbsrc=mb

Our previous results have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website BUT we'd prefer you didn't until you completed the survey via the link above... we don't want to influence your opinions provided in the survey.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. There are plenty of other teams you can look into as well on the site if you had other favorite teams. I'd love to know more in this thread about why certain teams are rivals. Thank you for helping us to include the Buffaloes by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

done

Hate.....mostly hate.
star wars hate GIF

Full on fan-hate straight outta the Ralphie gate for classless donkeys like all of Nebraska nation and MSU nation. It's simple--we have history.
Or, if you wanted the scientific Latin term, regionalis hubrisimus realus appropriatus.
Make sure you quote it out fully, no paraphrasing my intellectual property and claiming it as your own. Copyrighted and All Rights Reserved up in here.

Ignorance
Jealousy
Personal insecurity

I am sure it was an algorithm doing geographical math, but New Mexico St? It would be hard to pick a less relevant school I didn’t select to get my opinions.

Back