1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to Corso?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SJBuff, Aug 29, 2009.

1. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm watching ESPN College Gameday Preview and there's no Corso.

Not that I cared what he said, he had as much insight to football as a playboy bunny has to quantum mechanics but the show is just not the same without him.

Additionally, it looks like they are goint to make my worst nightmare come true. The show is moving the salivation run away train Lou Holtz into Corso's old spot as the former coach in the main trio. Now that slobbering idot is going to have twice the opportunity to splatter the lens of the camera (and make me throw up).

Gameday used to be a watchable program. It's really gone downhill in the last few years.

Coloradosker likes this.
  2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Stroke. They say he will be back.

3. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

Stabbed himself in the eye with one of his pencils? Tragic mascot head accident? Please tell me that Holtz is not his permenant replacement. I actually like Lee. He brings some balance to the crew and throws out some interesting stats most of the time.

4. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Kordell has a gig on ESPNEWS all year during college football sat.. I think he's replacing what Robert Smith did last year..

Lou saying 12 wins for Notre Dame.. :rofl2:

5. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

I agree that the mix of Herbstreet, Fowler and Corso works and that was why I watched. Corso may not have great insight but I do love hearing the things he says. I love his passion and he doens't take himself to seriously.

Trying to have Holtz pretend to be Corso is absolutely terrible.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I like Corso.

Don't make the mistake of confusing schtick with lack of football knowledge. Corso played at Florida State and was head coach at Indiana and Louisville. Also was the HC for a USFL team at the pro level.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Corso does a great job of keeping things fun and his catch phrases / mascot head act haven't gotten old to me yet. I look forward to it every Saturday.

btw, his stroke was minor and happened in May. He was scheduled to be back for the kickoff of the season. I'm a bit concerned that we haven't seen him yet. I hope he's well.

P.S. Just don't make the mistake of using Corso's picks for gambling unless you have some sick desire to donate money to a sports book. :smile2:

7. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then he went on to say that they'll get "upset" in the MNC game against Florida. Reality to Lou, reality to Lou......

They didn't say so on the show, but I think that Corso will be back for next week's show.

8. CarolinaBuff

I agree, he adds humor to the show and is a far cry from the bumbling idot that Holtz is.

9. JimmyBuff

I like when Lou did the pep talk on Thursday night where he would dress as the opposing coach and talk to the camera like he was addressing the team. . It would crack me up.. I missed a lot of the Thursday games last year so I'm not sure if he still does it..

10. CarolinaBuff

Yea he was still doing those last year.

11. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

What about Fake Lou's pep talk to Nebraska before the USC game?:lol:

[video=youtube;hMPImwEHZqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMPImwEHZqc[/video]

SJBuff likes this.
  12. JimmyBuff

:lol:

I remember the one he did for Pitt vs WVU a couple of years ago where Pitt was 4 TD underdog.. Mark May got dressed up in his jersey after he was done..

It actually worked for Pitt, they pulled a huge upset in Morgantown and I believe it knocked WVU out of the national championship game..

13. Big Red Cop

Big Red Cop Active Member

OMG...that may have been one of the funniest things I have heard putting down my beloved Huskers in a long time! Classic:lol:

14. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

replacing Corso with Holtz is like curing your syphilis by giving you gonorrhea.

15. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

LOL!
    :drink2::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I don't think the trio worked at all - but then, just about all of the announcers and sports talk guys show bias and are often so full of sh!t you can't take it any more. I think it's a tough gig. But some like Holtz are just automatic channel changers. And no, I don't love to hate him (that used to be the catch-phrase for Howard Cosell, but I used to just listen to Hank Stram on CBS radio). It's usually a matter of which ones can I stomach for how long before the channel changes or I just give up.

17. The Guest

The Guest Guest

This post mirrors my sentiments precisely. Corso cracks me up, and I think the College Game-Day dynamic is the best in sports-broadcasting.

18. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

:yeahthat: i love the show. its just a good time for me. the crowds are great, the signs are funny, it sets a great atmosphere for the day of games and i dont take anything they say very seriously. its pure entertainment for me.

i will say that having lou on the sucks and that g-d'ed friggin intro song sucks more sweaty cow ballz than a knu coed trying to get her first taste of rocky mountain oysters.

19. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I haven't watched the Lou varient yet (thank God) and yes, that opening song could not suck more, if it was performed as a duet with Cowboy Troy (with his unique Hick-Hop stylings) and Barry Manilow.

20. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

i missed the show with lou in place of corso too but, having that r'tard anywhere near that show takes the fun down a notch for me.