1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to just "Enjoying" your team winning?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffsyko, Oct 20, 2008.

1. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

To start off, I'm the biggest pessimist around and put myself right at the top of this subject.

I remeber a time when I just wanted a win and didn't care about WHO we beat, Where or if they were ranked, how many yards we got on offense, how many yards we gave up on defense,what plays were called etc.....

I know it's great to discuss all these elements of the game but just wondered why we and media disect every aspect.

You look at some games and it's like" well, you did beat team A, you don't play a good team until game 7".....

Like I said, i'm one of those who do this and just wondered where it all went wrong:smile2:

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I enjoy, then dissect.

3. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

:stupid: Love to get a "W" no matter how good or bad we look. But can't help dissecting the performance regardless of outcome. Guess I'm a college FB fanatic who enjoys analyzing the game more than working. :smile2:

4. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

I guess I don't see anything wrong with that.

5. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I'm thoroughly happy this week. I saw positive changes and a W, both good.

6. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

College Football - It is a disease and it keeps getting worse. My tailgating and analysis of the games, players, and recruiting gets more serious every year.

Wife thinks I am crazy, immature, and somewhat annoying.

Again - all good!

7. Crash Davis

Crash Davis MA....THE MEATLOAF!!! Club Member

Only thing I see wrong with it is people getting all geeked up before the season and making cheeky posts like "14-0" in the season prediction thread then they blow their stack when their own unrealistic expectations aren't met.

We have a few too many who became CU fans circa 1990 and think that's supposed to be the norm. I'm hopeful as anyone Hawk can get us close again but it takes time. We have the #8 athletic budget in our own conference. That doesn't mean we can't do it but our margin of error is smaller and you have to even get a little bit lucky. The staff has had some good finds with guys like Speedy and Hansen, hopefully that continues.