What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is your recruiting wish list?

1. Early commitment from the group of Houston, Dillon, Wilson and Miles.

2. Early commitment from one or two of the top in-state OLs.

I think those would send a message to other top prospects that would make this thing snowball, position CU as a program on the rise, get us a lot of great OVs, and set us up to see a lot of good in-season commitments and some headline-making at the US Army All American game in January.

Couple what I put in my short list with a bowl season that includes at least one signature win, and I think we're well positioned for top 20 classes in 2012 and 2013.

So I went back and looked at this thread. We locked up our QB with Shane Dillon, so I am not that bummed we missed out on Houston. Looks like we are in good position for #3, #4, and #7 on my offensive list. Getting those three would be a very nice foundation for the offensive side of the ball. Also still hoping we give Dareus Rogers a look because I think he can be flipped from USC. Here's to hoping Dillon can help us land some elite offensive prospects.

My defensive list is a little more up in the air. We are in very good position for Yuri Wright and I feel good about chances in getting a visit from Luke Kaumatule. Those two would be very nice pieces, just hoping we can make some headway with Adams and Starr because the others on the list are not coming to Boulder unfortunately.

Supposedly, the coaching staff had Dillon rated as the #4 QB in the nation. Regardless of system, not just on our board. Great get for us.

Allow me to revise mine

Offense:
1. Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick
2. Taylor McNamara
3. Paul Thurston
4. Davien Payne
5. Shane Callahan
6. a fast RB of some kind, nobody in particular in mind.
7. a big time WR, I really like Cameron Countryman but he doesn't really strike me as a #1 big time WR.

Defense:

1. Yuri Wright
2. Kyle Kelley
3. Justin Solis
4. Scott Starr
5. Kendall Ehrlich
6. Kenneth Crawley or Ishmael Adams or Brandon Beaver
7. Reggie Daniels or LaDarrell McNeil

I'm not really sure who I like a lot on the DL. I like the twin towers, but Buckner looked kind of slow to me. Kaumatule looked much quicker to me. Danielle Hunter looks really good, but I'm not sure we have much of a shot at him.

Darreus Rogers is going to take official visits. CU is not in the conversation, but I hope we make up some ground during the summer. I would not be surprised if neither Jordan Payton nor Rogers sign somewhere other than USC in February.

Mine begins and ends with Colorado kids. Embree has to close the borders with this class. It's #1 priority. He can lose a guy or two to Oregon or Stanford. But I think Callahan is far from committed come Feb'12. Needs to get 2-3 of these O-Line guys here. Solder and Miller are going to the NFL, having been coached by a revolving door. Marshall has put plenty in the NFL. Out-of-state sounds great until it's time to sign on the dotted line. Got to get some of these kids. It's my primary wish.

^^^. Callahan is an EE tho. But, as of right now our in-state haul doesn't seem promising. We could easily go o'fer on the in-state 4*'s. Can anyone say dooooom (sarcasm)?

As opposed to naming specific names, I'll go with positions where I think we need some depth and talent upgrades:

RB - I'm worried about this position. I think this offense requires 3-4 guys who can each carry the ball 10-15 times per game. Right now, I think we may have two guys who are capable of this, and one is a Senior. Would like 1-2 RBs
DL - I'm not going to make a distinction between DT and DE because A) we're not really sure whether we'll run a 3-4 or a 4-3, and B) a lot of guys come in as a DE and get switched to DT after they put on 10-15 lbs. Would like 4 DL.
Safety - Somebody mentioned getting a big hitter like an Atwater type. Yeah, we really could use this. I'm hopeful Polk will be that guy this year, but we're atrociously thin at the position and I'm not convinced the talent level is where we need it to be. Would like 2-3 safeties.
CB - Speaking of thin and lacking talent... IMO, this is the weakest position on the team right now. I'd like to see 2-3 corners, hopefully one or two really solid 4-year starter types - think Deon Figures, Ronnie Bradford, et. al.
K/P - I think we need to continue to recruit kickers & punters until we find one that can get the job done. I'm so tired of having piss poor kicking & punting. I'm convinced it has cost us 1-2 games per year since Mason graduated. If you think 1-2 games per year isn't much, think about this - had Hawkins won an extra two games per year, he'd have gone to three bowl games in five years.

^^^. Callahan is an EE tho. But, as of right now our in-state haul doesn't seem promising. We could easily go o'fer on the in-state 4*'s. Can anyone say dooooom (sarcasm)?

It is only June, but it definitely a cause for concern. It is not like we are great shape for several OOS prospects that would soften the blow of losing the top CO offensive linemen.

It is only June, but it definitely a cause for concern. It is not like we are great shape for several OOS prospects that would soften the blow of losing the top CO offensive linemen.

Unfortunately for us these in state kids' memory only goes back about five or so years, meaning no matter what their parents or coaches may say leaves CU irrelevant. Our first year under the new regime may lose out to the more "sexy" schools while we get a bunch of out of state kids that may not have paid as close attention and are seeing the Buffs as a fresh alternative on the up and up.

After a year of the staff showing our new smash mouth approach the next round of in state kids will perk up. Besides, there is still a lot of time for these Colorado kids to change their minds if they aren't into the Buffs right now.

Back