What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What pisses me off more than anything else

I'm in grad school in Denver now and still have close friends in Boulder so I make it up there regularly. When the weather is nice K's and the outdoor bar across from the gas station on the hill do a good business. Ks, particularly, is slammed on certain nights.

I don't understand why people put outdoor bars in Boulder, though. It is cold during most of the school year and the bars tend to be fairly quiet in the summer. Seems like a bad business decision to me.

I'm in grad school in Denver now and still have close friends in Boulder so I make it up there regularly. When the weather is nice K's and the outdoor bar across from the gas station on the hill do a good business. Ks, particularly, is slammed on certain nights.

I don't understand why people put outdoor bars in Boulder, though. It is cold during most of the school year and the bars tend to be fairly quiet in the summer. Seems like a bad business decision to me.

K's China. Forgot about that place. I'm glad it's still going strong. :thumbsup:

I miss CU football games dearly. I was at CU from 2004-2008, and while we were terrible for at least five of the seasons I witnessed on campus, games were still a blast. When we DID win a big game -- or the CSU game, if you care to make that distinction -- Boulder would just go off. So while I am a huge fan of football, the partying was a big part of it for me in college.

When CU beat Oklahoma in 07 the Hill was an absolute **** show.
I started that day at Illegal Pete's. Yeah, burrito, black n golds, and some sooner fan talking an unbelievable amount of ****. Post game, went back to Illegal Pete's, found that guy and said "good game." Walked off. Went to K's, and it was nuts.

K's is expensive? Wasn't when I was up there.

And as I CU student from 02 - 06, I can relate buffs04

I started that day at Illegal Pete's. Yeah, burrito, black n golds, and some sooner fan talking an unbelievable amount of ****. Post game, went back to Illegal Pete's, found that guy and said "good game." Walked off. Went to K's, and it was nuts.

Yeah, I was up there all afternoon after the game. Fun times. I miss unapologetic day-long drinking sprees.

Avoid Tra Lings unless you like rat and cat. After my freshman year I decided to make the transition to K's in order to get ****faced in the process..Tra Lings overload...
See I need to get a fake for that reason. THought about getting K's tonight but decided to just get Tra Rings....orange chicken is much better than sesame chicken.

People still party on the Hill? I thought the city of Boulder managed to suck the life out of that place back in the 90's. The Sink is probably the only reason to go there, but it has been a couple of years since I've been on the Hill.

The Goose and K's rooftop brah

The Goose and K's rooftop brah

There isn't much of a late night bar vibe, that's for sure. But the hill is still the place for house parties. I was on the hill for 2 completely random riots on the hill when i was in school

There isn't much of a late night bar vibe, that's for sure. But the hill is still the place for house parties. I was on the hill for 2 completely random riots on the hill when i was in school

There was a riot on St. Patty's day this year outside my apartment complex. It wasn't as out of hand as the riots in '97 or whenever with flipped cars and all that, but things got completely out of control and the cops came in with force.

The one I remember was a Halloween block party. The city gave a kid a permit to throw this block party, then after it had been going a couple hours the cops came in and shut it down. Students got pissed and rioted pretty good.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3879853/detail.html

I
got off the Hill once the vandalism started. The riot police started blocking off streets, then rolled down in riot gear, with tear gas and tazers out

The one I remember was a Halloween block party. The city gave a kid a permit to throw this block party, then after it had been going a couple hours the cops came in and shut it down. Students got pissed and rioted pretty good.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3879853/detail.html

I
got off the Hill once the vandalism started. The riot police started blocking off streets, then rolled down in riot gear, with tear gas and tazers out

1,500 people. Yikes. Looks like "your" riot was 3x bigger than "mine" - only 500 involved in the St. Patty's Day riot this year. It was the same night UNH football player Todd Walker was shot: [url]http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_17644031

[/URL]Embarrassing and sad.

I think 'yours' was the more famous one that caused them to ban couches on front porches :smile2:

New students who know nothing of CU's tradition, think we are a ****** football school, and think its funny to make jokes about it. Heard a kid today "Ya bro im getting football tickets but im just gonna get super ****ed up cause were gonna loose every game anyway." Go back to California you ****in retard or get educated, And leave your Buffs snapback on at home along with your pooka shell necklace if your not gonna be a fan of the team. God damn that **** makes me mad.

On a side note i sat next to Paulay Asiata in a registration meeting today and he was really nice. And pretty funny too. Said he was super exited to be going home for his first game as a Buff and that the coaches are loving his aggressiveness.
My guess is you never attended CU. When I was a student back in the 70's, students didn't go to games. Got stoned and went up in the mountains to get drunk, ski, or hike. Alot stayed in town and went to the bars or parties. At least this kid is buying tickets, and yes we have sucked since he has been in the 7th or 8th grade. What do you expect?

My guess is you never attended CU. When I was a student back in the 70's, students didn't go to games. Got stoned and went up in the mountains to get drunk, ski, or hike. Alot stayed in town and went to the bars or parties. At least this kid is buying tickets, and yes we have sucked since he has been in the 7th or 8th grade. What do you expect?
He said he sat next to Asiata in a registration meeting, so maybe he is in the process of attending? Other than that, you're describing the same experience he had.

He said he sat next to Asiata in a registration meeting, so maybe he is in the process of attending? Other than that, you're describing the same experience he had.
Transfered in this year. I dont expect everyone to be like me and have gone to every home game since they were in third grade or know the history of the buffs as well as we all do. But I dont understand why someone would think it was cool or funny to talk about how they think we suck. Im sorry but I would rather not have that kind of kid at the game rather than him sitting there talking **** about the team every time we have an incomplete pass. It drives me insane just be a Buff and be supportive.

Transfered in this year. I dont expect everyone to be like me and have gone to every home game since they were in third grade or know the history of the buffs as well as we all do. But I dont understand why someone would think it was cool or funny to talk about how they think we suck. Im sorry but I would rather not have that kind of kid at the game rather than him sitting there talking **** about the team every time we have an incomplete pass. It drives me insane just be a Buff and be supportive.
I support your view, but that's not how the world works. I was that kid. I left Boulder in '86, and really became aware of the change around '88. Came back to attend Boulder with a monster team. They've had my attention ever since. Not everyone has been steeped like you have. Trust me, that kid will come around.

I support your view, but that's not how the world works. I was that kid. I left Boulder in '86, and really became aware of the change around '88. Came back to attend Boulder with a monster team. They've had my attention ever since. Not everyone has been steeped like you have. Trust me, that kid will come around.

Or we'll drag him out of his pickup and beat him?

Another thing that pisses me off. I'm sitting in my Macro class an the professor asks who all went to the game yada yada, people raise their hands. He then asks "Are we going to win a game this year?" 3/4 class responds with a "Hell no." **** that ****. When the hell was the last time we didn't win a game? Never.

Back