1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TH Brings to this offense... and yikes at our Oline

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

http://www.ralphiereport.com/2009/10/20/1092218/film-session-the-game-winning#storyjump

Major props to RR for doing this sort of thing. Notice on this play that Miller screwed up and did the RG's job, but was the RT (oops). And TH still made the play. Love it. RR has really upped its game this year.

Edit: Oh, and see the 2d post in this series. Shows Keisua's growth as a play caller and TH's growth as a pure passer

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

That was cool. My only critique is that I'm not so sure Miller screwed up. They ran the same exact play in the second qrt, and miller blocked down on that play as well.

The difference is that the DE who lined up over Miller bit on the play action and came down the line, rather than going into the back field to disrupt tylers naked boot. In the 2nd quarter, the play went for 15 yrds.

It seems to me that a lot of the blocking schemes rely on misdirection and leaving a defender unblocked to bite on the fake. lots of times, he doesn't.