What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What the Big 12 Means To Hoops

Just waiting for a Big 16 from adding Arizona, UConn and SDSU so we'll be lucky if we see another winning conference record in our lifetimes.

One thing I've been thinking about is the escalator in Tad's contract for getting 20-wins. Pretty *easily* attainable in the Pac, much harder now. Hoping it lights a fire in Tad - pretty sure it will.

Do not want UConn in the conference because of WBB.

I have not watched a UConn women's hoops game since the Final Four in 1995. Can't stand Geno's attitude and how he treated Elena Delle Donne when she left UConn to return home to Delaware because of her disabled sister, Lizzy.

Elena has done quite well in the WNBA and she refused to play overseas because of Lizzy.

Last edited:
Much like my theory that the people who make decisions on DIA projects have never actually flown from/to that airport, the people who decide levels of support for CU basketball have never been a fan or attended a game as a non school admin

RG's recent background is at the MLB and PGA, polar opposite of bball

Much like my theory that the people who make decisions on DIA projects have never actually flown from/to that airport, the people who decide levels of support for CU basketball have never been a fan or attended a game as a non school admin

RG's recent background is at the MLB and PGA, polar opposite of bball
We need a Associate AD for Court Sports who focuses on nothing but driving season success, revenue and student/ fan / booster engagement for MBB, WBB and VB.

We need a Associate AD for Court Sports who focuses on nothing but driving season success, revenue and student/ fan / booster engagement for MBB, WBB and VB.
Fine, I will hereby announce my candidacy for this position and thank you all for your support*.

* - your support until @RumblinBuff declares his candidacy at which point I will renounce my candidacy and openly support him for it.

They can't afford me.

First offer: We'll fly this stuff in weekly

Deep Dish Pizza GIF

BYU isn’t worried and will be fine in basketball. They aren’t going the be winning conference championships, but they’ll be in the tournament more years than not. Main reason is you get a lot more consistency even if the overall talent is lower from 24 years olds playing against 18 and 19 year olds.

And targeting groin areas.

If they make byu our travel partner, the home records might not be quite as good as utah/cu in the pac, but I think that will be a tough road trip for most of the conference.

I'm sure there are 2 teams at the top of conf recruiting for the last decade or so.

1 would be hard to out-recruit, no matter what.

The other is leaving so we won't face their players after we join.
Scott Drew will out recruit us and Baylor. But that will be more like what we faced with Oregon & USC. KU is like Zona & UCLA talent.

Scott Drew will out recruit us and Baylor. But that will be more like what we faced with Oregon & USC. KU is like Zona & UCLA talent.

Yep. CU recruiting is trending up but Tad wants his kind of players. Nothing wrong with that, I just don't expect to land a class that's in the top 3 of the conf. It is what it is.

UConn and Gonzaga could be coming to the Big 12 too.

I'm really getting behind the idea of super conferences where basketball games will feel more like football games since you might be facing just the other schools just one time a year.

Really starting to look forward to this new conference.
2022-23 Net Ranks

1. Houston
9. Kansas
10. Arizona
17. Baylor
19. Kansas State
24. West Virginia
25. Iowa State
27. TCU
42. Oklahoma State
61. Arizona State
62. Texas Tech
63. Cincinnati
66. UCF
76. Colorado
80. Utah
84. BYU

That's a fvckton of Quad 1 games. In the conference tournament when they're all Neutral games, 13 teams would have been Quad 1 and 3 would have been Quad 2. It's not a stretch at all to say that CU can expect to play 20+ Quad 1 games per year.

Back