What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Whats going on?

You want good DTs or will any DT do? I'm sure we could find a couple of bad ones. Doesn't really solve the problem though.

.....Maybe it's time for a "reach". A player from a smaller school, or one that's not as highly rated. There have to be some dt's/de's out there. I'd really like to see them close out this recruiting cycle with one of each.

My answer to your question was about 3 posts above. I quoted it for your laziness.

Seriously, at this point, I'd be happy with someone who's considered a "project". Maybe the staff can find a young guy who has been overlooked, and hence, has a chip on his shoulder. Someone who would rs and bust his butt in the weight room. Someone who could contribute minutes in a dl rotation down the road (soph year, perhaps). Additional problem here - without the young dt's in the mix, your scout team, et al, isn't what it should be.

I really don't know who is left, but whoever it is, I hope they find him (or multiple hims).

My answer to your question was about 3 posts above. I quoted it for your laziness.

Seriously, at this point, I'd be happy with someone who's considered a "project". Maybe the staff can find a young guy who has been overlooked, and hence, has a chip on his shoulder. Someone who would rs and bust his butt in the weight room. Someone who could contribute minutes in a dl rotation down the road (soph year, perhaps). Additional problem here - without the young dt's in the mix, your scout team, et al, isn't what it should be.

I really don't know who is left, but whoever it is, I hope they find him (or multiple hims).

The project DT may very well be Parker. If he truly weighs 245 right now, he could be a candidate to redshirt/put on weight. He did play inside at times during the Army All-American game.

The project DT may very well be Parker. If he truly weighs 245 right now, he could be a candidate to redshirt/put on weight. He did play inside at times during the Army All-American game.

Good point.

I still think the staff may target a JC DT next year, if they can find one who can qualify.

I don't know. He did play inside some at AAA game, but he was most disruptive coming from the outside. When the O-linemen could get on him, he got swallowed up a bit. He excelled using speed and athleticism to get by them. Seems more natural at DE.

Embree is really focusing on 3 positions. 3 DB's (Harrington, Henderson, Washington imo), LB (Greer, Tuumalo, Daigh, and maybe Willingham), and RB (Hall, Creer, Clark). That's 9 maybe 10 players or more than half the class at only 3 positions. Interesting

Clark is an ATH. I don't think he will end up at RB. Washington is also an ATH/WR although he could end up as a DB. With that being noted I still agree with you that he seems to be loading up on positions. I'm not sure why we need 2 RB's in this class after we brought in 3 last class. Also, its not like any of these guys were highly recruited so if he gets a 4 star on board next year he is probably bringing him in here also. I guess maybe he is just taking the bpa. Does anyone else think the fact that we signed a K means he knew we were out of the running for some guys. Only a few spots left with allegedly Parker taking one of them and Creer likely taking one also. Lucien seems pretty high on us also. If we get Washington then I think there is room for only 1 more after than.

Back