1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's happening on campus this weekend?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Mick Ronson, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

there are a lot of basketball players at the Rec and Balch. High School kids. i overhead some guy talking to a tall but young guy about one of the CU assistant coaches watching him. it sounded more informal and pumping the kid up....than anything real serious.

is this the CU camp this week? be nice, if in fact there are recruits camping (now or in the future) to have them play in the new prac fac than the rec. the rec floors are a joke. dead spots, rims are always crooked, etc. in addition to the whole 80's aerobicize feel to the place.

2. sparkybuffs

sparkybuffs New Member

CU team camp.

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I seem to remember a quote from Boyle saying his only regret about the new facility is that it won't be ready for their summer camps.

4. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

perhaps the lack of snow this winter/spring pushed them ahead of schedule.

5. sparkybuffs

sparkybuffs New Member

yeah but they're still holding them at the Rec, Carlson, Balch and Coors. I think what he meant was it would have been nice to be able to show them off.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

There's also benefit to them not being open yet. It's the freshmen and sophomores who we're trying to impress. Think how they'll react when they come back next year.