1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with our Assistants Salaries?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sliderNcider, Jun 5, 2008.

1. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Here are the football salaries for our assistants from Buffzone.com:

Football staff base salary

Mark Helfrich, offensive coordinator, $208,000

Ron Collins, defensive coordinator, $208,000

Jeff Grimes, asst head coach/offensive line, $190,000

Kent Riddle, tight ends/special teams, $187,500

Eric Kiesau, wide receivers/passing game, $186,160

Greg Brown, secondary, $137,500

Brian Cabral, asst head coach/linebackers, $130,000

Romeo Bandison, defensive line, $130,000

Darian Hagan, running backs, $88,400

So nothing against Kent Riddle but how does a special teams/TE coach make fifty thousand more than the best LB coach in the nation? And Hagan making $88,400 after snagging Scott? Thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

That's screwed up. I hope those guys all get some residuals from camps & other stuff. Cabral should be at the top of that list. :huh:

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I would say those are all pretty low.

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Those figures do say "Base salary". No mention of residuals.

5. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Those cant be that up to date. Cabral is the assistant head coach, making him the number 2 man on the field, their is no way he has the 2nd lowest base salary. It is very possible that his residuals even things out, but he should have the 2nd highest salary for how well he is respected by the football community and how much history he has with the CU program.

On a side note, anyone have any information on how those salaries stack up throughout the Big 12? Nationaly?

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

My guess is that those salaries are pretty low compared to the rest of the conference.

7. BuffsRising

BuffsRising Well-Known Member

I think Kent Riddle is the recruiting coordinator too, although I could be wrong. Not sure why Cabral isn't making more.

Keep in mind though, that the daily camera isn't exactly a consistently reliable source when it comes to actual facts. Wild suppositions, yes. They're champs at that.

8. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Those numbers are up to date...I think Cabral and Hagan were inadvertently penalized by being holdovers from the old staff. The pay scale before was too low - the new guys coming in are getting paid at a competitive rate but they have not bumped the holdovers enough.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Hagan is also the most inexperienced coach on the staff and only holds title of running backs coach, but I'm sure he will be getting a pay bump soon. Cabral should be making more in the area of Kiseau, Riddle, and Grimes. The coordinators are always going to make the most money.

10. Keesy9

Keesy9 New Member

Here's the salary article

http://buffzone.com/news/2008/jun/04/cu-sports-contracts-on-tap-for-k-mac-hawkins/

"Hawkins said earlier this spring he is not interested in receiving a significant raise with any extension, but he hopes the school will provide raises for his assistant coaches, all of whom are at-will employees and don't have the protection of multi-year contracts."

Funny because Hawkins got extended today.

http://buffzone.com/news/2008/jun/05/regents-ok-contract-extensions-hawkins-k-mac/

The assistant coaches are eligible for raises July 1st. I'm sure Cabral will get one since he has been promoted to assistant head coach. Our coaching salaries are a tad below Nebraska's, 1,451,396 vs. $1,575,000 respectively.