1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your favorite CU/OU game/moment?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Three stick out for me.

!. CU beating OU in Norman in 1989 with Hagan's pitch over the head of two Sooners to Flannagin for the TD. It was a special victory for #8 Sal Aunese,it was victory #8 on the season to make us 8-0, it was Bill McCartney's first victory over the sooners in 8 tries. After the game JJ Flannagin was crying in the lockeroom because he knew how badly Sal wanted to beat OU.

2. Watching Salaam and the buffs just stomp the dog **** out of OU in 1994. Salaam ran wild for 4 TD's in the first half, and the buffs came within a minute of shuting the sooners out. CU 45-7.

3. Watching Smellyburger claim he didn't want a damn asterisk when the sooners kicked the buffs ass, onj national tv in 1995, and to see John Hessler torch the Sooners with 5 TD passes in a route in Norman.

Oh, and watching CU beat up on OU repeatedly in the 90's. Although we still owe them a lot of beadowns.

2. BuffGuy91

BuffGuy91 Well-Known Member

Watching the Boomer Sooner tumble on the carpet and tearing a huge piece out of the turf

3. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

:yeahthat:

4. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

You know its weird, but other than the Hessler game in 95, I have a hard time remembering any of the OU games in the 90's.. I've seen the 92 game over and over on ESPN classic and I do remember the FG in that game but the games we blew them out, I really don't have any recollection on them..

I do remember us whipping them up in Boulder in 99 because we had the right personnel(i.e. DB's that could cover) to stop their offense.. But they weren't that good yet..

Unfortunely most of my memories of OU now is them whipping the **** out of us and where we can't even run for any yards against them.. The 2004 Big 12 championship being probably the most embarassing game ever... well, until next year's Big 12 championship game against Texas.. Sick and tired of losing and getting killed by OU..

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Do you remember the *

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

"Things have changed".

I was at that game. 20-3 was the final score. It was a beautiful sight. I'm hopeful to return to those glory days very soon.

7. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

:yeahthat:

8. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

I'll take #3 for the block please....

9. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

My best college road trip. The pitch was AWESOME!

10. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

That's because most of them were not televised due to OU's probation.

11. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

'92 game where Mitch Berger hit a line drive from over 50 yards out at the end of the game for the tie.

'94 game. Just deystroyed 'em.

'95 asterik game. Okie going up 10-0, and then Hessler and the Buffs scoring 38 unanswered points.

'98 game. Roman Hollowell scores a touchdown, and then gets flagged for excessive celebration. The 35 yard extra point try was missed. My dad and I were watching on TV, and good ole Dad came unglued during the sequence. His neighbors heard him yelling the next block over. :lol:

12. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

how do you figure? just off the top of my head: i remember most of those games. 92 (?), 93 was on obviously, 94 (was there, don't know), 95 (* game--national TV), didn't play in 96 or 97, 98 was on i remember (Rick wins in Norman), and 99 Barney beat them in Boulder by two scores.

13. Unleash Hell

Anybody remember the '93 game when Lamont Warren threw that half back TD pass literally on his back? It was named the play of the year or some ****.

14. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

For me, the '89 game and the moon pass from Hagan to JJ. One of the most amazing plays I've ever seen and one of the coolest games I've ever been to. By that time, everyone could sense that the '89 season was going to be special and the CU fans at that game were so loud that the players said it was almost like playing at home. "Probation!..Probation!..." taunting OU on their home turf! I've never been so proud of our fans. :thumbsup:

15. Unleash Hell

My dad was president of the Boulder buff club in 88 and 89 and he flew, rode, and stayed with the team at the hotel for that game. HE didn't take me.:sad2:

16. Unleash Hell

CU fans also did the "nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, good bye" chant at that game.

17. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

I have to go with the game that CU went to Norman and Renfro slammed Cale Gundy into the turf so hard that they had to get grave diggers to fill in the divot. That was the game that forced OU to put training wheels on the Sooner Schooner. :smile2:

I got on TV that game when we were winning and PJ Mills finally scoed for OU... he rus to us in the corner of the endzone and flicked his helmet off and the camera catches the 6 of us pointing to the scoreboard...

GREAT Memories!

18. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Gawd were the OU fans pissed about that and the probation chants. We were real loud that day. I still have the VHS from that game - a classic if you are a Buffs fan.

19. le alpe d huez

le alpe d huez New Member

Easy.....the 42-82 game for reasons completely unrelated to what happened on the field as I finally popped my cherry that afternoon.:smile2:

20. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

That's when you turned 35?:devil::devil2::haha:

21. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

I've got one for you whippersnappers (not you DBT) -- 1972, i think OU was ranked 2 or 3, came into Boulder and CU won 20-14. I went with my older sister (since I was in 9th grade at the time) it was completely awesome including partying with her friends after the game... :drink: It was my first real CU experience :thumbsup:

22. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

The '86 game as well. CU lost 28-0, but everytime Bosworth got close to the student section they threw oranges at him. That was either a nationally televised game, or regional ABC game. Can't remember, but the announcers made mention of the oranges.

23. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Quote from today's Times Call. "This is also the 14th straight game in the CU-Oklahoma series that’s been nationally or regionally televised."

24. le alpe d huez

le alpe d huez New Member

25. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

those were the days...

:thumbsup:

26. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

1972, among several others.

27. Jerry

Jerry Well-Known Member

...will be Saturday afternoon when we tear open up a new one on the thieves.

28. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't remember the 89 game being on Television for some reason.. I guess it was because of OU's probation..

29. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Actually the '89 game was on TV but they delayed the broad cast (next day or something like that). I remember because we were already back from Norman and I got to watch myself on TV. :thumbsup:

30. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

I think I have told this before, but it here it goes again.

My favorite CU/OU game was 1993 in Norman. That was my freshman year of college and my first time home (OKC) since leaving in August. Up until that game, I had attended all the home games, but still had absolutely no understanding of the game (how that happens after growing up in Oklahoma, I have no idea). This was the first game that I truly watched and started to gain an understanding of the game. I was hooked from that point forward. It also helped that we won the game. And it was the game when the schooner tipped.