What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What’s your Pac-12 power ranking?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
After week 5, I’d go with:

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Cal
4. Wazzu
5. Stanford
6. OSU

South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. CU
4. ASU
5. Zona
6. UCLA

OVERALL
1. Oregon
2. Utah
3. Washington
4. USC
5. Cal
6. CU
7. ASU
8. Wazzu
9. Zona
10. Stanford
11. UCLA
12. OSU

I feel pretty confident in the top 3 group and the bottom 2 group. The other 7 teams seem like they could finish the season in any order.

After week 5, I’d go with:

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Cal
4. Wazzu
5. Stanford
6. OSU

South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. CU
4. ASU
5. Zona
6. UCLA

OVERALL
1. Oregon
2. Utah
3. Washington
4. USC
5. Cal
6. CU
7. ASU
8. Wazzu
9. Zona
10. Stanford
11. UCLA
12. OSU

I feel pretty confident in the top 3 group and the bottom 2 group. The other 7 teams seem like they could finish the season in any order.

North I'd agree with and the South I'd switch Utah and USC. Overall my top 5 would be Oregon, UW, USC, Cal, Utah and the rest looks about right.

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Cal
4. Washington st.
5. Stanford
6. Oregon st.

South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. Colorado
4. Arizona St.
5. Arizona
6. UCLA

I think yesterday’s game against Utah hurts your argument. So far, Wazzu’s current team cannot score against a good defense.
Fair, but I don't remotely put Utah and Cal in the same defensive bucket. I think Utah is substantially better defensively than Cal. Utah lost the USC game because of coaching, not because of talent. The reality is, we've seen some really bizarre outcomes so far in the PAC12. The middle teams are really difficult to separate based on what we've seen to this point. That's why this exercise is fun...I can see the argument on just about any projection at this point.

Fair, but I don't remotely put Utah and Cal in the same defensive bucket. I think Utah is substantially better defensively than Cal. Utah lost the USC game because of coaching, not because of talent. The reality is, we've seen some really bizarre outcomes so far in the PAC12. The middle teams are really difficult to separate based on what we've seen to this point. That's why this exercise is fun...I can see the argument on just about any projection at this point.

Cal’s had a much tougher schedule than Utah. Yet, their defensive stats are similar. I think current year Wazzu will struggle against physical defenses.

Overall

1. Oregon
2. Utah
3. Washington
4. ASU
5. Cal
6. CU
7. USC
8. WSU
9. Zona
10. Stanford
11. UCLA
12. Oregon State

The P12 is actually one of the hardest conferences to handicap because no one is great. On the right day, (aside from Oregon State and UCLA) any team can beat any other team.

Overall, here’s how I rank them as a bettor:

1. Udub
2. Oregon
3. Utah
4. Colorado
5. Cal
6. Arizona State
7. USC
8. Arizona
9. Wazzu
10. Stanford
11. UCLA
12. Oregon State

South
1. Utah
2. CU
3. ASU
4. USC
5. UA
6. UCLA

North
1. UW
2. Oregon
3. Cal
4. Wazzu
5. Stanford
6. Oregon State

Leaguewide
1. UW
2. Oregon
3. Utah
4. CU
5. Cal
6. ASU
7. USC
8. Wazzu
9. UA
10. Stanford
11. UCLA
12. Oregon State

South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. Colorado
4. ASU
5. Arizona
6. UCLA

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Cal
4. Washington State
5. Stanford
6. Oregon State

The two teams I could see getting stronger as the season progresses are Washington and ASU.

Ahmed and Newton are turning into a nice one-two punch at RB for Washington, Eason is a clear upgrade at QB, and the inexperienced defense should continue to improve.

For ASU, I am so impressed with Daniels and Benjamin. Daniels just has the composure to keep his team in most games and Benjamin just grinds behind a patchwork OL. If that OL can improve just a bit, that team could be dangerous. They get Oregon and USC in Tempe.

The two teams I could see getting stronger as the season progresses are Washington and ASU.

Ahmed and Newton are turning into a nice one-two punch at RB for Washington, Eason is a clear upgrade at QB, and the inexperienced defense should continue to improve.

For ASU, I am so impressed with Daniels and Benjamin. Daniels just has the composure to keep his team in most games and Benjamin just grinds behind a patchwork OL. If that OL can improve just a bit, that team could be dangerous. They get Oregon and USC in Tempe.
The Colorado vs. ASU win is a better win than the cornholio win in my view.

1. UW
2. Oregon
3. Utah
4. USC
5. Colorado
6. ASU
7. Cal
8. WSU
9. Arizona
10. Stanford
11. UCLA
13. OSU (so bad they don’t even make the top 12 in a 12 team conference).

A lot can, and probably will change after this weekend. I think UW is in a class by itself right now, though.

1. Oregon
2. Utah
3. Washington
4. Cal
6. USC
7. CU
8. ASU
9. Zona
9. WSU
10. UCLA
11. Stanford
12. Oregon State

Pretty clear that the top three are the top three. Equally clear on the bottom three. Though, if WSU doesn't recover they could be vying with UCLA and Stanford for 11th. The middle of the pack....there are just so many what ifs. If Tate is back and healthy Zona is dangerous. If ASU doesn't catch more than 30 new STD's they might have a chance. If CU gets Viska and Mustafa back and keep buying into Tucker's system things could become special. If USC manages to keep a QB...any QB, healthy then they look real. If Cal manages to not pull a Cal....

1. UW
2. Oregon
3. USC
4. Utah
5. Cal
6. CU
7. ASU
8. Wazzu
9. Stanford
10. Arizona
11. UCLA
12. Oregon St

idk if this is how things stand now or how we predict them to end up, but I'm trying to make mine both. UW stumbled against Cal, but I think they look good and will only get better. They replaced a lot of people this year. And they get Oregon at home. USC gets the nod over Utah for me based on the W, but they seem like a team that could beat anyone and lose to anyone. Cal looks good, but losing the QB hurts. ASU and Wazzu are clearly above the bottom 4 in my view. I think the top 7-8 are all bowl level teams. Not sure what happened to Stanford this year, but they look really bad. Costello is really ****ting the bed.

For CU, we get 3 of the bad teams, Wazzu, and then 4 of the good teams. Curious to see if MT can get us an upset W over one of those 4 good ones. A W over USC would be really nice, but I think we'll all take a W over any of them.

Back