What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Big 12 member is the team you most want to beat once we join?

Who do you most want to dominate?

• Baylor

• Iowa State

• Kansas

• Kansas State

• Oklahoma State

• Texas Christian

• Texas Tech

• West Virginia

• One of the new P5 additions (BYU, Cincy, UH, UCF)

• Some other school from Pac, Independent or G5 you hope joins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Traveling to P12 away games were pretty cool. Lots to offer. Not to many B12 schools match the scenery and amenities of P12 schools. So now I assume we will be forced to visit such iconic locations like Stoolwater, OK. Sorry, Stillwater. Not Sorry.

Traveling to P12 away games were pretty cool. Lots to offer. Not to many B12 schools match the scenery and amenities of P12 schools. So now I assume we will be forced to visit such iconic locations like Stoolwater, OK. Sorry, Stillwater. Not Sorry.
Yes, travel destinations are not as "cool" as the Pac12 spots. But if you are traveling for a football game, the game day atmosphere is going to take a HUGE step up

I still have family in southern Ohio so the roadies vs. the Bearcats will be good, and Cincy is a good town. They've built up the Riverfront on both sides of the Ohio. Fingers crossed the Arizona schools join us.

I dunno, I've been wanting to do non-CU roadies to schools and towns on my bucket list for awhile now. This kicks that up front amd center.

LOL at those who voted for Baylor...they are tame compared to BYU.
False. BYU has it's own issues (see @Scotch 's post earlier) but Baylor literally let their football team rape the entire female population of campus for a few years with no repercussions and HELPED COVER UP A BASKETBALL PLAYER MURDER ONE OF HIS TEAMMATES.

Baylor is the worst institution in the country. Period. Hard stop.

False. BYU has it's own issues (see @Scotch 's post earlier) but Baylor literally let their football team rape the entire female population of campus for a few years with no repercussions and HELPED COVER UP A BASKETBALL PLAYER MURDER ONE OF HIS TEAMMATES.

Baylor is the worst institution in the country. Period. Hard stop.

And the woman that was the women's BB coach at the time justified the behavior of the football team and coaches.

By dominate I'm assuming singular, beating the same team every year doesn't necessarily mean a winning season. I went with OSU, since we left they've won more games and have the longest bowl streak...one of our best teams barely escaped Stillwater with a W and one of Rashan's break out runs came against the boys in Boulder...."that kid is going to be good".
This will be a really good thread over in the Basketball forum

OK this is funny KSU...Butt hurt over Bill "I haven't seen a JUCO player I didn't like" Snyder.
This vote tells me there are a lot of younger voters....KSU was the dreg of the....Big 8 worse than ISU < neither ever cost us a bowl or championship...beating either was a given a mere formality...well ISU did put up a fight or two.
These White Claws are going down pretty easy....Liver

I was in Austin in 94..bought some tix 4 wks before the game. I got back from South Africa 3 days before so I had my oldest drive I had jet lag so bad. Surrounded by rabid Tx fans all by our lonesome...at 1/2 time my shirt was stuck to me I went to the concourse and asked for a cup of ice. At the end of the game I was so dehydrated I couldn't get up..so we sat. I'll never forget the Tx people that sat around us offering water...you're #19 is incredible.

The arrogance dripping from this board is just something to behold.

You're leaving a conference full of tepid fanbases and half empty stadiums and joining one where people actually give a **** about college sports. Yeah, the Bay Area blows Ames, Iowa out of the water for cultural amenities. But this is about college sports, and on that front, Ames, Iowa blows the Bay Area out of the water. Apply this sentiment to places like Manhattan, Stillwater, Lubbock, Morgantown, etc.

If you want to take a vacation to an exotic location, do so. If you want a good-to-great college sports experience? Have an open mind and embrace the future. Your administration was tired of watching your athletics department flounder due to the misguided notion that there was some correlation between whom you play in sports and what your institution's academic prowess was. Your alumni are in Cali? Ok, they were back in the Big 8/12 days too, and that didn't seem to be an issue.

The reason the Big 12 has pulled ahead of the Pac 12 is because the people involved care. College sports are important in the plains Midwest and the South. It's not important on the west coast. CU administration has clearly decided that they want CU athletics to be in a place where they can maximize revenue and competitive programs, and that's being in a league where the other schools and fanbases are dedicated to college athletics.

You can sit there and blather about state level politics, but remember, most of us alums of these red states schools don't vote red. We hate our asshole Republican governors too. It's just that 55% of our fellow state residents vote for them. Isn't Lauren Boebert a CO representative? Point being, politics is a bad excuse to be a jerk off about college sports.

In 2011, CU made a decision that any of the current Big 12 schools would have made offered. We have no ill will. You weren't a blue blood or power broker that could effect change in the Big 12 the way Nebraska, OU, and Texas were. You did what you had to do. 12 years later, you're doing the same.

Welcome home. Stop acting like ****wads. I hope the Big 12 starts playing some Week 0 games, because man I'd love to get to a game at Folsom.

Counterpoint:

1690485117095.png

What kind of hellscape is this?

@Al_4_State cracks me up.

It's true that CU has been **** for a long time. It's true that the PAC has been **** for a long time. It's true that the Big XII has done much better. And it's true that the Big XII was our best option. Most of our fans would agree with that.

And we also mostly agree that the Big XII is ****ty and it sucks to be back in this ****hole conference.

I would invite Al_4_State to be curious about that apparent paradox (hint: it's not really a paradox).

That's exactly my point.
Every game that CU plays away in 24 will sell out..bank on it...the B12 is, every game that CU wins will create a new path. I wouldn't care that people in Florida wind up hating CU..we only have to keep them from being bowl eligible once.

I’ll sure miss that fiery rivalry we had with Utah.

Actually, I’m having trouble with this since all the teams I cared about from the former B12 aren’t there anymore.

So, I voted **** bailer

All the teams I used to despise in the Big 12 are no longer there (Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma). These also rans, meh. Kansas State I guess, but the problem is I never really hated Kansas State or Okie State or the other Texas schools.

Like I get why Colorado is jumping into the B12, and am not against it, but it's not like I'm jumping up and down for joy for these potential matchups really. Then again I really wasn't in the Pac 12 either, so it's a lateral move in those terms for me.

We're going to have so many visitors tickets being purchased. It's going to be a bonanza. And then we'll see them sh!t posting after their road-trip to Boulder about how everyone is a dirty stoner, unwelcoming, the food was expensive for what you get (not understanding high quality ingredients and expecting a platter of crap which could feed a family of 4 for that price), and that the trip was awful in addition to getting beat. But they'll start saving up to come back in 2 years.

We're going to have so many visitors tickets being purchased. It's going to be a bonanza. And then we'll see them sh!t posting after their road-trip to Boulder about how everyone is a dirty stoner, unwelcoming, the food was expensive for what you get (not understanding high quality ingredients and expecting a platter of crap which could feed a family of 4 for that price), and that the trip was awful in addition to getting beat. But they'll start saving up to come back in 2 years.

Nailed it.

Just left out them saying they had to go all the way to Longmont to find affordable food/prostitutes.

Back