What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Big 12 member is the team you most want to beat once we join?

Who do you most want to dominate?

• Baylor

• Iowa State

• Kansas

• Kansas State

• Oklahoma State

• Texas Christian

• Texas Tech

• West Virginia

• One of the new P5 additions (BYU, Cincy, UH, UCF)

• Some other school from Pac, Independent or G5 you hope joins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Institution? Absolutely. Fan base? Possibly.

I went to the ISU/Baylor game at Floyd-Casey in 2008. It was the single worst sports experience of my life. This was all pre-rape, mind you. Waco is actually a dump (the campus area is pretty decent, I guess) and the stadium was in a ****ty party of town nowhere near the campus. We got there about 5 hours before kick off, and the only people who were tailgating were other ISU fans. The whole place had an eerie, haunted vibe. Like we were disturbing some ancient Native American burial ground. The few Baylor fans we interacted with were aloof, unfriendly, and disinterested. The whole scene was a ****ing joke.

Between the murder cover ups and rape enabling, I can't think of an easier to despise institution in the conference. On par with Penn State for vileness, nationally.

That said, I've seen enough of their fans denounce the Briles era (although far too many act like he did nothing wrong) to believe there are some good Baylor fans out there. Dave Aranda seems like a genuinely good guy too. I still want to kick their teeth every year, and their program under Rhule was cheap and trashy.
Sounds to me like you're one of those people who will pay $25 for a mason jar that that dumb**** in Waco calls a "drinkware collection".

I agree that BYU/CU has all the trappings of being a heated rivalry. That should be a really fun matchup.

Maybe your first visit back to Ames, we'll bust the live mascot out again.
I blame the "live mascot" for the downfall of CU sports. That is when it all changed.

But you’ve suggested that Institutionally supported rape and murder is somehow less concerning than fans from Colorado that make you feel sad with their words.

I’d invite you to be curious about that.
No, I suggested that the people who cheer for that institution's sports teams aren't as douchey. But the more I think about that, the more I remember how little I've cared for most Baylor fans in personal interactions. Never really found live CU fans to be tools.

You guys left the conference it used to be, and are coming back to the one that it is. What it lacks in blue bloods, it makes up for in top to bottom parity and entertainment value.

If this board is a reflection of your fanbase in general, I think I know who the most hated school in the league is going to be real quick, and it will have **** all to do with whether or not you're winning games.

Jesus, some of you are absolutely miserable twats.
Thanks!

No, I suggested that the people who cheer for that institution's sports teams aren't as douchey. But the more I think about that, the more I remember how little I've cared for most Baylor fans in personal interactions. Never really found live CU fans to be tools.
I'm awesome in person!

I'm awesome in person!
high quality GIF

I don't even know what a bowl game is anymore....

isn't that like Notre Dame 1994? :rolleyes:
There's only one family member that's been to a bowl game where CU came out on top...and she went to the National Championship game. I'm expecting that to change now that Prime is leading us. But yes, it's been TOO damn long.

Is an asshole a tool?

Back