What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who are the top recruiters on currently on staff?

Why do we think Hagan's a good recruiter?
He seems very personable and was in public relations before getting back into football.
Was recruiting coordinator under Hawkins.
He is credited with bring in the highest rated recruit in CU history.
Also creditted with Anthony Wright, Ray Polk, Josh Smith, Doug Rippy and Rodney Stewart.
He might not be an ace; but, I think he would be an upgrade as a closing recruiter and coupled with this staffs ability to evaluate talent he could be a big asset.
Also like the idea of having at least one Alum on staff.

There is no question that we have the worst recruiting staff in the Pac12, not average. This year's recruiting looks worse than lasts. Otherwise you're right on track.

if based upon "stars" awarded by market-driven recruiting services/mags, it sure looks that way. But then, this program isn't to the point where an offer from this staff will move a recruit's rankings up a notch as it is with Oregon, Notre Dame,Texas, Florida, Michigan, et al.

Based upon on-the-field improvement, I'd d say this staff's methods are showing good results and that's what I want, not a bunch of potential, that never gets realized like at UM, Florida or Texas or even UCLA.

Based upon recruiting rankings alone, last week's battle in Boulder should have 56-14 UCLA, by halftime. So why wasn't it?

I think people are getting recruiting mixed up with talent evaluation/development. Recruiting is the attempt to get a player, that you consider the best available for the position that you want to fill, to sign with your team on signing day. Whether or not Darrell Scott was evaluated correctly, there is no doubt that he was being pursued by most programs in the country. Regardless of player star ranking, I cant imagine that the players we are signing are at the top of this staff's wish list. Head to head recruiting is abysmal, and that tells you how talented the staff is in recruiting. The player evaluation seems to be good, but I don't believe that you can make a living on that if you cant get them to sign once somebody else starts noticing them too.

Its like trying to get a hot girl to go out with you. You probably wont the be the best looking guy, or the wealthiest guy, or the coolest guy going after her, but you can't let that stop you. You find out what her buttons are and you push them, and everybody is staring at her, whispering that you must have a 12" schlong to have a girl that hot. Its only sales, and not everyone has what it takes to do it.

Yeah. And would he be a liability as a coach?
I don't have any inside info on him as a coach; but, I doubt we would be a liability at rb coach. Or If he coached corner backs under MacIntyre's guidance how bad could he be. I'm sure they could find a spot for him.

Yeah. And would he be a liability as a coach?
Possibly. If you want to dig up the old Hawkins threads people were tired of his lack of development. His best running backs were Rodney Stewart, who was great from day 1 but never improved much. Hugh Charles: Hagan was the RB coach the last 2 years of his career? The rest were Darrell Scott, Brian Lockridge, etc. Seemed like their talent was not realized.

The other issue was forecasting offensive plays. Remember when Demtrius Sumler in=pass?

Possibly. If you want to dig up the old Hawkins threads people were tired of his lack of development. His best running backs were Rodney Stewart, who was great from day 1 but never improved much. Hugh Charles: Hagan was the RB coach the last 2 years of his career? The rest were Darrell Scott, Brian Lockridge, etc. Seemed like their talent was not realized.

The other issue was forecasting offensive plays. Remember when Demtrius Sumler in=pass?

I do recall....and I also remember that he could not even convince his kid to be a Buff. I have been bitter ever since.

Back