What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who coaches our bigs?

Da Lama

****ty hot take machine
Club Member
Just curious. We are terrible inside of 5 feet. With Josh graduating, the entire off season should have been about getting Wes and Tory tough and polished at the rim on offense. Obviously not.

oh good... now that football is good... you are just gonna bitch about everything basketball!

Not bitching, just curious. I probably have a better outlook on this team than most on this board right now. Just frustrated that our bigs have a hard time finishing at the rim. Leaving vital points out there. Needs to be fixed.

I agree with you completely. We must have left more than a dozen point off the board because we cannot make a shot within about 3 ft of the rim.

I agree with you completely. We must have left more than a dozen point off the board because we cannot make a shot within about 3 ft of the rim.

I've been wanting to do a deep dive on some numbers but haven't had a chance because of stupid work. A quick scan though makes me think that our early struggles - specifically Wes' - could just be small sample size noise. It's nearing the point where it might be a concern, but when looking at his career numbers - this year is a HUGE outlier. Could be because Josh is gone, could be because Wes has just had a few bad games. I'll fully admit I'm biased as Wes is one of my all time favorite Buffs, but I'm not ready to say that he's going to continue to shoot 37% from inside the arc when he's a 49% career shooter. His eFG% and TS% are both dramatically lower than his previous lows too.

I'm also definitely in the minority though as I view Wed night as more of a blip in the road than something to be up in arms over, so your mileage may vary.

EDIT - just checked and Tory's numbers are dramatically lower as well. Not sure it's Jelly being gone as Tory & he only played together roughly 13% of the time last year. I'm going with small sample size fluke right now, but the next few games will be interesting to watch.

Agree @Goose . To be fair, they could not score from anywhere Wed. Free Throws, mid range, threes, or within 3 ft of the basket. Sure hope it is a blip but the team was really out of sync. Nobody played well.

Agree @Goose . To be fair, they could not score from anywhere Wed. Free Throws, mid range, threes, or within 3 ft of the basket. Sure hope it is a blip but the team was really out of sync. Nobody played well.

That I fully agree with. And there are some things that need to be fixed, but I think the team will get them done. Someone will step up in the leadership role - we started to see it from XJ but you could tell he was just exhausted and plagued with foul confusion. I think he's going to emerge over the next few weeks. I also think we're going to see Peters getting more minutes and replacing either Fortune or King in the starting lineup. Brown will probably be taking some of their minutes as well (and Yaz's).

That I fully agree with. And there are some things that need to be fixed, but I think the team will get them done. Someone will step up in the leadership role - we started to see it from XJ but you could tell he was just exhausted and plagued with foul confusion. I think he's going to emerge over the next few weeks. I also think we're going to see Peters getting more minutes and replacing either Fortune or King in the starting lineup. Brown will probably be taking some of their minutes as well (and Yaz's).

Agree on Peters. Fortune has not been good and GMFK has regressed tremendously. May need to come off of the bench to be successful. Hope you are right about XJ because the team is lacking leadership for sure. Brown should only leave the floor for foul trouble or for a rest. He is the best player on this team right now.

Wes should be better! And Wes needs to man up!!! Tory as well. All the bricks we put up, Wes should be averaging 20 boards a game.

To me, I think our Bigs catch the ball the ball too far from the basket. That has to do with ball movement and the Bigs sealing their defender (something that can be coached). King and Fortune are playing terrible IMO and I think the loss of Scott really hurts them. Hard screens need to be set to give them open looks, and that is lacking.

Lastly where the he'll is the emotion besides XJ!!! Everyone wants to play and look cool. The Buffs aren't putting it on the line or playing with urgency. Sad this tenured team is playing so uninspired.

I suspect changes coming. Deleon Brown and Bryce Peters may starting soon. King and Fortune (amongst others) need a damn wake up call.

BigEZ was right that better screens need to be set. Make contact and don't be in a hurry to roll or slip too quickly. Space floor to allow better drive and pass lanes. All correctable IMO.

Back