What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is your all-time favorite CU running back?

Speedy Stewart - I always root for the little guys. It's really too bad he was here during such a terrible era. Lindsay is one of my favorites as well.

Bieniemy. His mouth and piss fire attitude then throw in his ability to score anytime he touched the ball. Hard to top. Salaam was just a stud. Never forget in Austin ,him getting IVs and oxygen on the sideline and tearing it up. Lindsay heart, grit and playing bigger then his size, determination..

Tough call..

I think if I consider running style, Chris Brown takes it for me. I'm a sucker for gallopers and Brown was a Clydesdale out there

It's Brown for me mainly because I was in school at the same time and was at that 62-36 game as a student. It left an impression on me forever.

Love Lindsay, but for me the career stats, while impressive, are less important - they are often significantly sided by good health and poor depth (see the CU QB record books). I think what he lacks is a signature season or performance. I hope he gets it this year.

Bieniemy. His mouth and piss fire attitude then throw in his ability to score anytime he touched the ball. Hard to top. Salaam was just a stud. Never forget in Austin ,him getting IVs and oxygen on the sideline and tearing it up. Lindsay heart, grit and playing bigger then his size, determination..

Tough call..
317 I believe it was, pretty damn good day. 312 lol my bad.

Chris Brown is my favorite RB. Vickers had the best/most memorable play.
Idk man, Vickers run was special but if you cement the Heisman and get over 2000 on one damn play, you got my vote.
Vickers did some cool stuff while he was here (with one of the most memorable plays), but I still don't think he is really in the conversation for best all time. I'd probably go with Salaam or Brown. I knew EB a bit (was in the same dorm he was), but I'd still give the edge to the other two.

Vickers did some cool stuff while he was here (with one of the most memorable plays), but I still don't think he is really in the conversation for best all time. I'd probably go with Salaam or Brown. I knew EB a bit (was in the same dorm he was), but I'd still give the edge to the other two.
I was just saying Vickers had the most memorable individual play, IMO. Definitely not claiming him in the convo for best RB

Is this now a conversation about "best"? I think that's different than "favorite". For me, favorite RB is a combination of productivity, team success and me personally connecting with the way the guy played & carried himself. I brought in all the stuff on stats with Taz because right now I think he's lagging on both the productivity and team success categories (he's got the 3rd thing in spades imo). With a senior year that puts him in the all-time category on those criteria, he vaults to my personal top of the heap.

Well, if we are going favorite I'd say Salaam. Magic year. Same time though Cortlen was fun to watch, Salaam wins though.

Maybe this guy?

IMG_1315.JPG

Only Buff back to sing at the Met. He also blocked for one of my other favorites, and carried the ball from time to time.

You forgot an important one:
maxresdefault.jpg

From my up close viewing days has to be #22, smash mouth football.

Spent a week @ Grand Lake with buffson and a few more, says he doesn't even remember playing in the 02 K-State game where he turned wide out for a play

At minimum 1 concussion in that game, said it was the most physical game of his career. Jr will not be playing football

This is like asking what sexual position do you like best. Why do I have to choose just one?!

So I will give my Top 5.
1. Bienemy-I wish my recollection of his playing days was greater since I was 9 when he graduated. I did follow him as a Bengal and NFL ST guy after and he was easily a nog impact on the team early 2000s and those RBs.
2. Chris Brown-Talkig those RBs. Brown took control of a talented backfield and was key in 2001/2002 success. I remember my friend talking to us after practices and just saying this dude is our best back.
3. Lindsay-He Is amazing. One of greatest Buffs ever from heart to work ethic. Buffs win PAC 12 and he may become #1. Great dude.
4. Salaam-Inedited this earlier but still feel like an ass. Only the greatest RB to come out of CU. I was in sports pretty much every week from 89-99 so I missed a lot of those guys other than at night.
5. Purify-Came in with much more heralded back. Outworked him.
Co-HM. Vickers, Brandon Drumm, Troutman, Lamont Warren, Cortlen Johnson, JJ Flanigan though I mainly know him due to greatest option play ever.

Last edited:
Salaam - Because I was at school then, met him once.
Brown - Just totally bad ass.

But how come no one is mentioning Troutman or Barnes...or Hugh Charles (after getting his ass chewed on national TV by juice box to stay in bounds and get extra yards he turned into quite the back).

Salaam - Because I was at school then, met him once.
Brown - Just totally bad ass.

But how come no one is mentioning Troutman or Barnes...or Hugh Charles (after getting his ass chewed on national TV by juice box to stay in bounds and get extra yards he turned into quite the back).
Nobody is mentioning Troutman or Barnes because they weren't very good.

Single game performance - Chris Brown - 62-36. "Husker's backers should line up facing the other way so they can get an extra step needed to chase down Chris Brown." Six TDs in a game against the Huskers was legendary.

Single season performance - Rahsaan Salaam - 2000 with punctuation and a heisman to boot

Single play - Lawrence Vickers at the goal line planting that CSU Ram on his ass. Best Gif evar.

Career - Eric Bienemy - The emotion and power during the program heyday

Lifetime Achievement - Byron Wizzer White - CU hero. Supreme Court Judge

Sympathy - Rodney Speedy Stewart getting horse collared by Von Miller

Firy Locker Room Speach and Best Press Conference - Phil Lindsay. Be a Dog! And He brought his O-Line out for the presser. I'm still on the look out for Lindsey's signature moment in time on the field that tops his Lindsey, LINSAY, LINDSAY run against Wazzou.

3 way tie between Bienemy, Salaam, and Brown. Couldn't pick one over another.

I don't consider Lindsay yet cause he still has playing time left.

Any other backs already mentioned are certainly worthy.

Back