What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who Wins the Heisman Trophy

Who wins the Heisman Trophy

• Ndamukong Suh

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Mark Ingram

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • Colt McCoy

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Tim Tebow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toby Gerhart

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Clark Evans

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
Gerhardt's the best RB by far, Ingram isn't even the best player on his team. It'd be a shame if Ingram won over Gerhardt.

I'm not sure whether to find it funny or sad that the award is going to a player at a position where he's nowhere close to being the best in the country at. Any other player in the running you could have made a good argument? At RB? Ingram should've finished last of the 5.
:wow:

Wrong, Ingram is the most deserving, and Suh isn't even second, for reasons given previously.

No he's not, Gerhart finished first in all the categories that pertain to a RB, at least they showed the stats last night, and is a much better RB than Ingram. It's supposed to go to the best player in college football, not to the best player in the NC game. Your opinion on Suh is based on your hatred for the Huskers and not common sense. I shouldn't be surprised though............:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Here's some stats about Suh's defensive performance this season matched up with Texas, Florida, and Alabama defensive lines:

Alabama Season Totals
98tkl - 23.5tfl - 9.5sk - 20qbh - 5pbu - 0int - 1ff - 3bk
Florida Season Totals
112tkl - 33tfl - 14sk - 48qbh - 5pbu - 0int - 1ff - 0bk
Texas Season Totals
116tkl - 25.5tfl - 15.5sk - 10qbh - 7pbu - 0int - 2ff - 0bk
Suh Season Totals
82tkl - 23tfl - 12sk - 24qbh - 10pbu - 1int - 1ff - 3bk

Here's some stats between Gehart and Ingram:

Gerhart:
Rushing
12 games 311 attempts 1736 rushing yards 5.58 ypc 26 td 25.92 att/g 144.67 ypg

Ingram:
13 games 249 attempts 1542 rushing yards 6.19 ypc 15 td 19.15 att/g 118.62 ypg.

Last edited:
ingram is a solid RB. but Gerhart was outstanding this year. Anyone who watched him literally carry his team to victory against USC despite being exhausted and hurt knew he was the most outstanding RB in the nation. East coast SEC bias. Ingram won based on his performance in the SEC championship game against a hung over FL team. pathetic.

ingram is a solid RB. but Gerhart was outstanding this year. Anyone who watched him literally carry his team to victory against USC despite being exhausted and hurt knew he was the most outstanding RB in the nation. East coast SEC bias. Ingram won based on his performance in the SEC championship game against a hung over FL team. pathetic.

I agree with you it's very ****ing annoying to watch the Heisman disappear into mediocrity. :sad2:

Ingram performed best in the biggest game of his career, and Colt McCoy's two worst games were his two most important this year. That alone should disqualify Colt for the award but the positive flip of that for Ingram is that the "human voter" system for CFB rankings works the same way. That's how we let 1-loss teams who got theirs out of the way before November back into the BCS title game and ones who lost more recently get snubbed. All what have you done for me lately.

Heisman should be for the outstanding player who has been consistently great all season. I would have said Gerhart because of this. Hell, when Ingram doesn't even win the Doak Walker for best at his position it's funny to see him win best overall. But the only one I'd be totally at a loss for words over is Tebow, who was consistently mediocre the whole season. Still happy for Ingram.

Ingram performed best in the biggest game of his career, and Colt McCoy's two worst games were his two most important this year. That alone should disqualify Colt for the award but the positive flip of that for Ingram is that the "human voter" system for CFB rankings works the same way. That's how we let 1-loss teams who got theirs out of the way before November back into the BCS title game and ones who lost more recently get snubbed. All what have you done for me lately.

Heisman should be for the outstanding player who has been consistently great all season. I would have said Gerhart because of this. Hell, when Ingram doesn't even win the Doak Walker for best at his position it's funny to see him win best overall. But the only one I'd be totally at a loss for words over is Tebow, who was consistently mediocre the whole season. Still happy for Ingram.

You just hit the nail on the head. It was obvious that this meant alot to Ingram, but that doesn't justify him receiving the Heisman in my mind. If Tebow would've won it I'd probably need a new television, he played pretty bad all season IMO.

Talk about not being the best player on his team, Crouch didn't even lead the fuskers in rushing that year. He had a great NFL career though! :smile2:

The teams' record counts, and Ingram did have a monster game in the SEC Championship. I think he's fully deserving. The voting showed that Tebow didn't belong in the group. Masoli should have been invited instead of Tebow. And then he would have finished above Suh, too.

Talk about not being the best player on his team, Crouch didn't even lead the fuskers in rushing that year. He had a great NFL career though! :smile2:

The teams' record counts, and Ingram did have a monster game in the SEC Championship. I think he's fully deserving. The voting showed that Tebow didn't belong in the group. Masoli should have been invited instead of Tebow. And then he would have finished above Suh, too.
how can you say Ingram is deserving? He wasn't even the best RB in the nation, and he might not even be the most talented RB on his own team.

Reading is an important skill. :thumbsup: He had big performances leading his team to 13-0 and a probable national championship.

You can find holes in anyone's season. Stanford lost too many games, NU lost to Iowa St, McCoy wasn't outstanding and had the bad last game, and Tebow didn't really even deserve the trip.

Ingram_Special_Club.gif

Not saying Suh should have won it (ok yeah I am) but I'm more upset that McCoy came THIRD... ****ING THIRD over SUH!

**** this trophy it's a ****ing sham now.

Not saying Suh should have won it (ok yeah I am) but I'm more upset that McCoy came THIRD... ****ING THIRD over SUH!

**** this trophy it's a ****ing sham now.

It has been a sham for years. They should change the name from Heisman to the Award for the Best Player from the Best Team in the Nation.

It has been a sham for years. They should change the name from Heisman to the Award for the Best Player from the Best Team in the Nation.

They need to give the votes to people that know at least a little bit about football and have paid attention. Some of the blogs on these voters were hysterical.

East coast SEC bias? only UF in the SEC has won 2 Heismans in the past 20 years-what in the world do you even mean?

A good showing vs mighty 8-4 USC is somehow better than a good showing over 12-1 hung over top five ranked defense? please your bias is showing-USC is 42nd in rushing defense-UF is 13th.

Mark Ingram played better competition [strength of scheudule 4 vs 19] and had a better ypc [over .5 ypc better]. Ingram caught 30 passes to his 10. Ingram can pick up the blitz. He is also a great dancer.

Yeah it is quite surprising although not a lot of big time players jump out of me at the QB, WR and RB position from Bama.. Of course I know Namath, S. Alexander was a big player but not a whole lot of "college" one man wrecking crews like the Tebow's and Vince Young types at Bama.. Not a lot of flashy offensive players who put up a lot of stats came from Bama..

Bama Charlie can definitely shed light on this more than I can.. They had a kid during the early 90's ( I think his name was Palmer or something like that) who was a Rocket type of player.. But from most of my life Bama played a very conservative style of offense where its hard for players to win Heisman's on.. Especially under Stallings in 90's..

I still remember how shocked I was when Bama beat miami in the sugar bowl in 92... I don't think anyone gave them any chance in that game..

David Palmer finished 3rd in 1992 but Stallings was not a offensive innovator to say the least.

East coast SEC bias? only UF in the SEC has won 2 Heismans in the past 20 years-what in the world do you even mean?

A good showing vs mighty 8-4 USC is somehow better than a good showing over 12-1 hung over top five ranked defense? please your bias is showing-USC is 42nd in rushing defense-UF is 13th.

Mark Ingram played better competition [strength of scheudule 4 vs 19] and had a better ypc [over .5 ypc better]. Ingram caught 30 passes to his 10. Ingram can pick up the blitz. He is also a great dancer.
I think your bias is showing...
You argue schedule strength, but what about talent surrounding Ingram? He was surrounded by a lot of the best players in the nation. He isn't even the most talented player on that team. He was just a cog in a run based attack, hell, the offense didn't skip a beat when he went down. However, You want to argue #s?

This RB didn't even get invited to the Heisman contention, and had some of his best performances in big games against top level competition:
275 ATT 1744 yards, 6.3 ypc, 18 TD's, high game of 309. And only played 11 games.

This is the kind of performance you expect out of a heisman caliber RB. At a minimum. And Ingram didn't do it. The only RB who should have been in the discussion was gerhart. He did more with far less around him and a frosh QB.

And trust me, there is an SEC bias now with ESPN sucking the SEC knob.

Are people honestly upset that Ingram won? Good lord. Some folks need to bitch simply to bitch. The only player I would have had an issue winning it was Tebow and he was 5th.

I do agree Spiller should have been there as a finalist over Tebow.

Bama....IMHO I agree that Ingram is a deserving winner but I think when comparing stats and obstacles that Gerhart was the better candidate. Now, do I think these two players were the absolute best at their posistion? Not at all.

You put Ingram behind a mediocre line and he would have had an average season. That why I choose Gerhart over Ingram because he WAS behind a very mediocre offensive line and still ran his ass off.

I could care less who won in all reality...because I knew the player who was by definition of teh trophy itself "the most outstanding" didn't get the trophy...he didn't even make the top 3 which is the biggest bunch of bull**** ive seen in trophy voting.

I think Ingram is a great player....but Suh is outstanding and you're going to see that when a D-Tackle gets a bigger pay check then all 4 of the other candidates....Gerhart might be more or close to equal though....he runs like a champ...I like the way he plays ball.

Back