What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who would you rather have coach the current talent we have now?

Barnett did what he did in a much weaker big 12 north. Back then, Mizzou and Kansas were gimme wins. In fact the Big 12 wasnt as dominant from top to bottom as it is now.

Let me be clear that I am happy with Hawk and I think he's the right guy for the job, although he has to go produce wins now.

All I'm saying is that based on their respective on-field performance at CU, Barnett seemed to be better at getting the maximum effort out of his players. That doesn't mean I want him back. I don't. That ship has sailed.

I understand where you're coming from. Iggy is just trying to stir the pot (as usual) with a pointless thread.

Would you rather....be a dog? or a cat?

I want an honest answer
On My Name is Earl last night, Randy was talking about breeding weiner dogs with a cat to get weiner cats.

But all he got was a dead cat and a scratched up dog.:lol:

wow... sometimes the most bizzarre thread topics take off like wildfire... its an interesting question, but 'who cares?'.

this is hawks team, and given that he picked a majority of these guys I would rather he coached them. I will add that as a gameday coach he has some development areas, but hey, we can't all be perfect.

I WAS a big GB supporter.
I am now a big Hawk supporter.

Go Buffs.

Hawk is better with media, barnett got more with less. The scandal hurt and as much as hawk and bohn have brought the community back to CU, barnett at least won.

2009 will tell us what hawk and staff are made of. Everyone loves hawk's attitude and so do I but you have to win games. The " stop trying to win and be a winner" stuff is great as is the "whole package' stuff but the bottom line is wins and getting this program where he said he would take it.

The " stop trying to win and be a winner" stuff is great as is the "whole package' stuff but the bottom line is wins and getting this program where he said he would take it.

And I think he will. He has done so at every level he has coached at, but to come in when we were going downhill fast and build this when many other B12 teams were on the rise (some back to prominence, OU and UT, and some with the best success they had ever had in our memories, KU, OSU and MU) meant that it will take more time.

I am stoked after watching the luncheon, as you can see that in addition to the positive talk, they have shown that some of the measurables, height, speed, wingspan, etc they are tracking and we are getting back to similar measurable as the top programs. To me that means that now, and in the next two years, it will start coming back to coaching and what the kids have in their heads and hearts, which Coach Hawk seems to measure as much as the height, speed, etc.

And I think he will. He has done so at every level he has coached at, but to come in when we were going downhill fast and build this when many other B12 teams were on the rise (some back to prominence, OU and UT, and some with the best success they had ever had in our memories, KU, OSU and MU) meant that it will take more time.

I am stoked after watching the luncheon, as you can see that in addition to the positive talk, they have shown that some of the measurables, height, speed, wingspan, etc they are tracking and we are getting back to similar measurable as the top programs. To me that means that now, and in the next two years, it will start coming back to coaching and what the kids have in their heads and hearts, which Coach Hawk seems to measure as much as the height, speed, etc.

Hawk gets me fired up and I get to thinking we are going to take the next step and burst onto the scene and then...more losses, no bowl etc... I want to belive it's going to happen, but I'm a results guy and after awhile,the talk doesn't stand up.

I believe we are in a better situation talent and depth wise than the previous 4-6 years and if we stay healthy i'm sure we'll have a winning record and a bowl game/win,at least I hope so.

Seriously,I used to be a huge homer and shouted down anyone who didn't think cu was the greatest and I still do to an extent on ramnation but 5 losses or more for 7 years straight has killed that thinking. I hope to hell this is the year it all starts and we are on are way, especially so you and others don't have to hear me bitch about losing and how long it's taking to fix it. :smile2:

I will say this, handler got the most oohs and ahhs, and of course, whenever MAC speaks I get fired up!

Hawk gets me fired up and I get to thinking we are going to take the next step and burst onto the scene and then...more losses, no bowl etc... I want to belive it's going to happen, but I'm a results guy and after awhile,the talk doesn't stand up.
That's exactly where I'm at, too.

Dood wore cool shades though.

Speaking of shades, someone needs to send Hawk a note that they have wider versions for wider heads...

header.gif

that pic on the left looks like George Castanza wearing swim goggles. :lol:

It's not all about the wins and losses. Barnett was a creep, reference comments about Hnida, kept a slush fund that was not accounted, had little control over players... Hawkins is a better recruiter and a better man. And he hasn't run a fake punt in his own territory with an 11 point lead in the Big XII Ch Game (of course, he hasn't been in the game...).

It's not all about the wins and losses. Barnett was a creep, reference comments about Hnida, kept a slush fund that was not accounted, had little control over players... Hawkins is a better recruiter and a better man. And he hasn't run a fake punt in his own territory with an 11 point lead in the Big XII Ch Game (of course, he hasn't been in the game...).

In year four of a coach's tenure, it is about wins and losses. Even Hawk knows that.

No contest here. Barnett would be a better x's and o's kind of coach. Hawkins beats him in all other facets.

I think, given the state of the program in 06, hawkins was the right coach for this trying period.

Hawkins is not bad, i think he still has room to grow. Had Barnett had charisma, we'd probably still have him running a west coast pro offense here spewing meccos all over the north wannabes like missouri.

But anyway, hawkins will do.

Back