1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whoever the next coach

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

whether it be Embree, Bieniemy, Sackman, or McElwain. Whoever, can we please at least give them a chance? I feel like this place is not gonna give the new staff a chance with some of the comments lately, and it's gonna be the same negativity around here that when Hawk was still here.

The new hire no matter who it may be is not gonna make everybody happy, but we will never know for sure until we see results from the staff they bring in, recruiting and on-field results.

JJBuff and Junction like this.
  2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Give us a chance, 'Leash.

3. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

REP!!!! :thumbsup:

4. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

**** YOU! :smile2:

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah whoopie, we got Bohn's 2nd choice from 2005. Let's celebrate!!

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

:rolling_eyes:

Kinda like in 2007 Nebraska got their 7th choice from 2003?

You don't know Jimmy, I don't know.

Anybody is a gamble. You want a better coach, then pony up more $.

7. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

We'll see. I like embree but I'm just confused how he got into the picture in the last week. Seems like a concession hire from the committee so its hard for me to be excited about it. I'll eventually support him once the season starts.

8. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I need time to read about Embree, hear about his official staff, get past my Miles disappointment, get around the idea that EB excited me more, ... He was not my choice, was not really in my top 5-10, but I can get around that.

It will take more time to fully buy in than some of the other choices out there, but I'm a Buff, I want us to win and having me bitch & moan after the decision has been made doesn't do any good. I'm tired of being the bitter fan that Hawk turned me into. Today is a new chapter and I hope it turns out to be a great one.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Exactly. Especially in the market we were in. The guys I felt pretty sure could be a head coach, I don't know if they can recruit or do the job at this level(Hoke, Calhoun). The guys I know can recruit, I'm not sure if they can be a head coach (Bieniemy, for example). Miles fell through. It's not like we had Harbaugh, Saban and Stoops sitting around waiting for us to call. We were going to be gambling on something. I guess I'm not so sure why it's the end of the world that we chose one ex-Buff NFL position coach, but another one would have been the awesomest awesome that ever awesomed.... :huh:

10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I'll definitely get behind him and give him a chance and certainly just about anyone is an upgrade over Hawk. I'm sure most others feel this way also, but I would've like to have seen a more high-profile hire. But you're right, that nobody is a guaranteed success.

And does anyone else get the impression that this decision was more the committee's decision and not so much Bohn's like it should have been?

11. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

I'll give him a chance. Win ****ing games. That's it.

12. Bill Cody

Bill Cody Well-Known Member

I am a FIRM believer that we would be in a much, much different (better) place right now if Bohner would have taken his "2nd choice" in 2005.

13. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

I'm very happy with the Embree/Bienemy combination. It's more than I dared hope for.

14. Bill Cody

Bill Cody Well-Known Member

+ 1,000

15. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

+1. I am excited. Go Buffs!

16. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

I am very happy that CU will announce Coach Not Dan Hawkins next week. I will pleased if it is either EB or Embree, and will love if it is actually both.

17. The Guest

The Guest Guest

that's the spirit! I'm getting on board.

18. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

No crap....would be no possible way that a guy like Embree could still exist as a coach in the ncaa or definitely nfl for that matter if he were as inept as Dan Hawkins

19. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Fixed it for you.

20. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

**** sackman! hope he gets anal probed by the tsa.

:smile2:

21. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Yep. If we get both, even if its only for a year or two, we should get a couple of top-20 classes in 2012 and 2013. I hope everyone here is prepared for a season next year that may not produce a lot of victories. So long as the team is playing hard and JE takes accountability for mistakes and is working to correct them, I hope we lay off a little bit.

I don't keep in touch with Embo, but I did know him personally for a short time at CU. He was not my first choice, but he is an intelligent, stand-up guy and, for those of you comparing his demeanor to Karl Dullard, you're flat-out wrong.

22. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Am excited it is anyone but Hawk to start.

Excited to hear what the final results are:
    - The staff is what has been discussed or very close? Great.
    - EB on board as well? Great.
    - Lots of money pledged will start coming in? Sure better be some of this backing this decision...Please, please, please, please be lots of this!!!!!

Regardless of whoever it is, they better come in here to win and get it done! See everyone at Folsom next year....