What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who's in bigger trouble, Callahan, Weiss, or Fran?

While true, *ebraska still has the name recognition that would engender a bowl invite for a 6-6 fusker team. If, for instance, both NU and Baylor are at 6-6, and only one bowl spot is available, then the spot goes to the fuskers.

wonder if the fusker fans would go see a 6-6 team in a bowl this year

Kragthorpe down at Louisville is in BIG trouble. How do you take a team with that talent, and lose the games he has? Plus he has a Heisman canidate QB.

also you need to remember that the Big XII only has ties to 8 bowls I believe. a 6-6 team in the Big XII could very well be 9th-10th overall in the conference.

Very true and a good point. You should hear the bull**** rumors already started by people all over Huskerland. Terry Bowden is supposedly heading to Lincoln. :lol: I definately laughed at that one. Just some names for a defensive coordinator replacement Dan McCarney, Mike Stoops, and maybe Jack Wright from OU??? Possible head coach replacements Brian Kelly from Cincinatti, Chris Peterson from Boise State, Turner Gill University of Buffalo.

Very true and a good point. You should hear the bull**** rumors already started by people all over Huskerland. Terry Bowden is supposedly heading to Lincoln. :lol: I definately laughed at that one. Just some names for a defensive coordinator replacement Dan McCarney, Mike Stoops, and maybe Jack Wright from OU??? Possible head coach replacements Brian Kelly from Cincinatti, Chris Peterson from Boise State, Turner Gill University of Buffalo.

One thing to keep in mind is that there appears to be a good possibility that you won't be the only high profile program in the B12 looking for a new head coach at the end of the year. A&M will have first dibs, probably.

I think they should do a coach swap. Weiss can go to NU and prove that he can’t coach talent at a second university. Callahan can recruit that Texas talent to T A&M and not use it. While Fran. will be free to exploit the Golden Domers and the media will be look the other way, like they always do with ND.

One thing to keep in mind is that there appears to be a good possibility that you won't be the only high profile program in the B12 looking for a new head coach at the end of the year. A&M will have first dibs, probably.

Well in all likelyhood we won't be losing Callahan anyway. I don't see Fran sticking around for another year, but Cally is probably going to be here for a couple more years. Another rumor that is going around is that Jon Gruden is going to be leaving Tampa Bay at the end of the year and going to the Eagles. It's being said that he wants Callahan to go with him as the offensive coordinator. That would be fine because no buyout would be needed.

Well in all likelyhood we won't be losing Callahan anyway. I don't see Fran sticking around for another year, but Cally is probably going to be here for a couple more years. Another rumor that is going around is that Jon Gruden is going to be leaving Tampa Bay at the end of the year and going to the Eagles. It's being said that he wants Callahan to go with him as the offensive coordinator. That would be fine because no buyout would be needed.

Is Andy Reid going somewhere?

Would you rather be in Shreveport or Lincoln?

nuff said.

You obviouslly didn't hear about NU NOT selling all their alloted tickets to the Cotton bowl last year. And that was to a good bowl, a quality opponent in Auburn, and a decent fusker team.

Yeah I agree that they are probably B.S. rumors just passing on what I had heard lately. Of course everyone is trying to start rumors so they have something positive to talk about. :lol:

Yeah I agree that they are probably B.S. rumors just passing on what I had heard lately. Of course everyone is trying to start rumors so they have something positive to talk about. :lol:

Don't anyone pay any attention to that 4-1 team up in Laramie that happened to be the place the Bob Father came from....

according to the AP this morning, aTm's AD is very disappointed in this whole scheme Fran had going to make a little extra pocket change and will take it into consideration when evaluating Fran at the end of the season. The article (in this morning's post) also said they were trying to establish whether Fran had violated the terms of his contract.

I think it's safe to say of the three cats listed, Fran is on the thinnest ice. He better beat the Horns this year.

I think it's safe to say of the three cats listed, Fran is on the thinnest ice. He better beat the Horns this year.

I think the only way he can keep is job is by winning the Big XII/playing in a BCS Bowl.... that wont happen, he is not a Byrne(AD) hire, someone pass the butter and jam to him... :thumbsup:

I think the only way he can keep is job is by winning the Big XII/playing in a BCS Bowl.... that wont happen, he is not a Byrne(AD) hire, someone pass the butter and jam to him... :thumbsup:

Yeah, another win over the Horns won't be enough. He needs to win the Big 12 to keep his job. That probably won't happen (look at their remaining schedule I posted earlier in the thread). Fran is gone. Byrne is probably already looking at possible replacements. He looked pissed yesterday.

Yeah, another win over the Horns won't be enough. He needs to win the Big 12 to keep his job. That probably won't happen (look at their remaining schedule I posted earlier in the thread). Fran is gone. Byrne is probably already looking at possible replacements. He looked pissed yesterday.

dont know if true or not but I also heard Byrne just turned him in for NCAA violations? if true, that is a big red flag. Byrne has fired EVERY coach who ever had a major violation.

as far as NU I thing Steve Pederson is in far worse shape than Cally. Cally will have to fire a couple buddies but I think he keeps his job IMO.

I doubt that Weiss is in trouble. They've had some good recruiting classes and have a highly ranked one going again this year, and if they finish strong everyone will ignore the fact that the last 4 games are against easy foes and say that they're building momentum for next season. I can hear it now, they'll say that 5-7 (which sadly is quite realistic for ND) is a minor miracle considering that all hope appeared lost after the first 3 or 4 games.

But I hope they keep struggling into next year and ND ends up eating his big contract when they have no choice but to fire him.

Based on todays games, I'd say the water is luke warm for all three with Fran and Cally in some serious hot water.

Based on todays games, I'd say the water is luke warm for all three with Fran and Cally in some serious hot water.

I agree. I think right now you fire S.P. and B.C. and say screw it because the season is gone anyways. This was the only game out of our remaining six that we had a chance at winning. Here's to a win tonight for your Buffs. :thumbsup:

attachment.php

I would say that Cally has jumped into the lead in this contest. Fran will at least coach out the season. It's looking very possible that Cally is gone before the week is done.

I would say that Cally has jumped into the lead in this contest. Fran will at least coach out the season. It's looking very possible that Cally is gone before the week is done.

Perhaps the losing head coach in this week's game is immediately fired after the game?

It looks like Cally is in the most trouble...the you know what runs downhill and the last turd dam just got removed...look out below Bill. We'll miss you.

Back