1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are people freaking out??

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Sep 10, 2007.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Guys,

We got beat by a team that was supposed to beat us, who have a CFB legend at coach who has won everywhere, in their house when we were 2 TD dogs going in?

Now granted we got beat bad but one or two more plays out of our young kids and we cover easily. To me this doesn't seem like a recipe for the freak out some people are having. We lost a game we were supposed to on the road with a young team? that **** happens.

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i was disappointed with the way we played...but, here on Monday morning we still have an excellent chance to be no worse than 2-2 heading into conference play. that's pretty much what i think most of us expected.

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Just looking over the game stats today, it looked a little better than my perception of the game. I was just really disappointed that we didn't compete a little better. I keep waiting for Hawkins to pull a game out of his ass, if you know what I mean. My only concern about this year is that we are able to pull in a strong recruiting class. I'm a little nervous at this point in that regard.

4. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

We catch those 2 td's it is a whole new ballgame. I believe we would have been up 28-0 or maybe 21-0, this changes everything. Being down 33-28, with minutes to go, we play the game out differently. The fact is cody didn't play a good game, but you need to add 10-14 receptions on drops, and the 2 td's with 80 more yards.

One good thing, is we atleast know we can get open on the deep ball this year, and we have a qb that can throw the deep ball. We just need to CATCH IT

5. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Drinking too much Koolaid is bad for your health. Some people just cant help themselves. Others say I am a contrarian becuase I am happy with 4 wins or more but I see that mark as a sign of improvement over last year given our schedule. I look 2008 and 2009 to have a dominant team IF Hawkins can deliver.

6. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I don't see you as a contrarian, MB. I see you as a cranky, not-gettin'-any-from-the-wife ultra-pessimist. No need to take it out on the rest of us.

AustinTxBuff and chipwich like this.
  7. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Mine too.
    It is a matter of rebuilding at this point and winning Saturday night or losing by say 33-28 would have made a much better statement to potential recruits.

I have no wish to be too critical of the kids but I sure hope they can make a good showing the next several games.

I think this at least tells recruits there is potential with just a few more of the right pieces.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Nice.

9. TriCityBuff

TriCityBuff Member

Take out Idaho and I'll agree with that. :smile:

10. west coast

west coast Guest

don't like getting beat down , which is what we got, beat down! Now people wanna whine cause they played dirty? Give me a ****ing break, don't like it take one of them out.

11. TriCityBuff

TriCityBuff Member

I'm more worried about the speed of the team. Definately not the fastest we have ever had.

12. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Getting Sip. back is going to be a huge help for us.

13. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

Exactly. That is what frustrated me watching that game was all the points and yardage that we could have had against a pretty good D.

14. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

**** you!

15. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

While is was certainly a disappointing loss, Absinthe is right. This wasn't a game we were supposed to win. There will be growing pains. If we caught half those balls we dropped we had a chance at the W. FSU is looking beatable, we have a chance to be at 3-1 two weeks from now.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
    absinthe likes this.
  16. TriCityBuff

TriCityBuff Member

If we beat FSU we will go 3-1 for OOC.