1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does Dave Logan's name keep coming up?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, Jul 1, 2010.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

http://blogs.denverpost.com/preps/2...igh-school-coaches-have-made-the-jump-before/

This will be nothing short of a hire that is a major disaster and I have been extremely supportive of Mike Bohn. If Bohn pulls this trick, I will hop on the FIRE MIKE BOHN bandwagon in a heartbeat.

But why does the heck Logan's name keep popping up? Is it because he is a Colorado high school coaching legend? As a former CO HS football player, I say that is HOGWASH because Logan has an easy job where he can cherry pick the best middle school players in the Denver metro area and school kids who live with their relatives so they can play for him.

North Texas is ready to run Todd Dodge out of town because his Texas HS coaching resume hasn't translated into success and he does not have the liberty to recruit players like Logan has and still won a state championship.

Gerry Faust jumped to ND from a Cincy HS but he bombed big time. Like in the past and right now, Dan Hawkins will be a much better coaching canadiate than Logan if both are searching for jobs this offseason.

I don't give a rat's arse about Logan's resume....we should not hire him to be the HEAD COACH at CU. I could sing a different tune if he does a nice job as a coordinator but HC straight from HS...NO THANKS!

2. 14ers4me

14ers4me Member

Love Logan, but agree. Can't make this hire.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

might as well hire Lou from Littleton.

Logan needs to pay some time as an assistant if he want to be considered for a college job.

4. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

[​IMG]

5. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

This is all funny. First of all --- Logan would never TAKE the CU job. He makes more money doing what he does now than he would as CU's head football coach. Second --- Logan is too smart to take the CU job. He is in a prime position right now in Colorado. He is respected and adored and worshipped. He has a popular radio show, is a popular and successful football coach, and would give all that up and take on 100x more scrutiny if he became CU's head football coach.

For his part, I do think Logan has always been very classy about CU. I've never once heard him say anything about wanting the job. When dip****s like Woody Paige ask him about it, he passes.

6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Logan is agreat Buff, so I am not wild about all the bashing of him. I do agree that he is not the best choice for the Buffs HC job though.

7. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Logan might make a great WR coach but other than that ... meh

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

What I hate about the Logan talk in relation to the CU head coaching job is that it forces us to get negative about a great Buff who has also done a lot for the Denver Broncos and the state of Colorado while being an incredible high school football coach.

I want to spread nothing but love for the man. But it makes it impossible to do so when a handful of people try to suggest him for a job for which he is completely unqualified. It's probably a bigger stretch than suggesting John Elway should be the next head coach of the Broncos.

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

If anything, that blog made the case for NOT hiring Logan.

10. bombay

bombay Well-Known Member

I'd like Logan to go up to Boulder as a coordinator or whatever and try to work his way up to head coach. I think he'd be good.

11. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

the only people talking about Logan to CU are idiots in the media and some moron talk show hosts and callers. Nobody on netturds or allbuffs is clamoring for Dave Logan to be teh next CU head coach.