1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will ASU be able to recruit?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by zbuff, Feb 11, 2012.

1. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

"During one of his first team meetings, Graham told players he had no tolerance for bad language, bandanas and earrings (inside the athletics facilities). No Twitter during the season, either."

Read more

They say he can work a room, but can he even get in the room? This seems pretty self-limiting, and is telling all recruits they are immature. (True for many, but none want to hear it.)

2. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the buffs will continue to not finish last with this hire. I think ASU is going to be the bitch of the south for several years.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think Graham is building that program the wrong way. So many JUCOs in his first class should be a big red flag. I also think he will struggle in California more than any ASU coach should. He did make a good hire of Larry Porter, but all of his ties are in the southeast. How many kids can ASU reasonably pull out of the southeast in a given year?

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Let's say you were brought in as a recruit by Dennis Erickson--encouraged to be thugish--and then this guy shows up? It's got the makings of a great sitcom.

5. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I read an old (1/29) article today where Davonte' Neal's dad told a Graham assistant that if the Saguaro HS school coach John Sanders was on his staff, he wouldn't consider them. The reason is that last year Sanders said it was a crock that his QB didn't get AZ POTY over Neal. Talk about petty. ASU never got back to them, which I think is pretty funny and appropriate, but is a huge loss. This last week Sanders was named head of ASU football operations.

6. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

This guy is a walking train wreck. At least he now has his "dream" job