What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Buffs compete?

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
Evans on the radio (and a lot of other press) taking shots at the move to the Pac by the Buffs, claiming they will always be bad. I don't think it has to be that way:

1. faculty admin can get behind sports when we are competing with Cal, Stanford....
2. Should mean a LOT more $$$ once Scott negotiates a new deal for the Pac10.
3. Just because we've been bad, doesn't mean we will be. This move alone shows the University is committed to sports. There is a bill due to the B12 potentially (in lost revenue over the next two years), and the U stepped up.
4. USC was bad during the era when Mac lead CU to national fame. USC is about to take a big hit in their program thanks to NCAA sanctions. As a complete non-believer in Lane Kiffen, I smell a perfect storm brewing.

Certainly a lot of things need to fall in place, but they wouldn't ever fall in place making $10M less in the MWC.

It'll hurt initially, no doubt, but college sports is a arms race. Bigger recruiting budget, better exposure, better facilities. Short term, we'll get smacked around a bit, but in the long run, all our sports will be better off for it.

CU can compete. CU has beaten Pac 10 teams under Mac, Slick Rick and Barney. They can do it again. Get a HC, some support and they'll be very competitive in the Pac 10. Mike Evans has the intellect of a wet dishrag. Why would anybody listen to that hack anyway?

It'll hurt initially, no doubt, but college sports is a arms race. Bigger recruiting budget, better exposure, better facilities. Short term, we'll get smacked around a bit, but in the long run, all our sports will be better off for it.

Agree. People were saying we should just drop football after we lost to Drake (twice). Less than a decade later we were national champs. And I'm pretty sure we didn't have the largest athletic budget in the nation in 1990.

I believe this will change CU for the better...the admin will definetly get behind their sports teams. If that is the case, CU will put up another 62-36 on NU in the Rose Bowl.

Evans is a clown. I get where he is coming from in that we won't be very competitive for the first couple of years in football or hoops. We'll have to deal with the fallout from the next coaching regime change which will take some time to recover from. However, it will get better, and the $$$ from being in the PAC-1? will allow us to get better faster. Evans was making the argument that the $$$ won't matter to us because the rest of the schools in the league will be getting the same amount, but he fails to recognize that schools like Texas & U$C already have a blank check to spend on football. The extra $ from the conference doesn't help those schools nearly as much as it helps CU who doesn't have anywhere near the endowment of the big bucks schools.

Back