1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will our O-Line be better in 2010 with

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Hugegroove, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Max Tuioti‐Mariner?

I think MTM will bring a higher energy, focus, and leadership to the O-line. He might make a good team captain as well. The guy has been through alot and has had to overcome injuries that may have made other football players give up the game.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I strongly believe our o-line will be better next year with or without Max. But I agree that Max is a guy who has an opportunity to be a truly special player while guys like Adkins, Bahr, Behrens and others have a lower ceiling (good, solid Big 12 players who won't play in the League).

3. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Can't hurt. I've been excited to see this guy play, hopefully his knees are fully recovered.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

One thing I've always heard about big guys, whether it be baskeball or football, is that they take longer to develop. The optimum for linemen is that they don't become starters until their junior year. Ours have started as feshmen/sophomores. That isn't good. We need depth on both lines to take care of that problem. We should not have freshman and sophomore starters on either side of the ball. In My Stupid Opinion.

5. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

Having MTM back will be great BUT... I'm a lot more excited to see how Harris and Handler have progressed. Those two looked pretty good at the couple practices I saw (when we were able to go).

6. Buffnik

Don't you know that if a CU player isn't all-Big 12 by his sophomore year he's a bust? And even if he does make it like Ryan Miller (honorable mention this year), it's a mistake by the coaches that voted because he **** the bed all year!!!

:wink2:

7. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Ringo had an article that mentioned Max might take his Mormon mission, does anyone know if that is the case? Will he even be playing next year?

Our interior has been are weak point, but hopefully this past season of a little more "stability" and experience will mean we are much better regardless.

Some competition from a guy with Max's talent can only help though.

Can he play center? We have no underclassmen there next season.

8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I'm not sure if your info is recent. Last I heard, he had spoken with his family and decided to do the mission later. Anyone know if that's changed?

9. Buffnik

Ringo brought it up in a recent Scout post as if he simply didn't know one way or the other. "Will Max be 100% healthy next year? Will he decide to go on his Mormon mission?" Nothing definitive either way, just message board chatter to get a conversation going.

10. Hugegroove

I was thinking by the time next season starts that MTM might have had at least a year & half to re-hab his knees?

11. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

With 3 ACL tears in less than 2 years, MTM will be a question mark, not a captain.

He played really well in the first 3 games of his TRUE freshmen year and IF he got healthy, he would be a factor.

The biggest question to me is can the O-Line adapt from the style of blocking they were taught their first 2 years which emphasized technique to Denver's style of aggression. The adaptation process didn't go too quick this year...... Is it even possible (i.e. has Denver got a clue)? Jury is out on this one I'm afraid.

I'd love to see us bring in an "offensive consultant" to work with Kiesau in his development. Would be a nice job for Mangino to help rebuild his rep. Doubt that would happen as he's an ego-maniac, but he's a tad bit more experience on running an offense than Kiesau and could figure out what Denver is doing in a hurry.

12. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I hope MTM can contribute, but he's had lots of knee injuries, and I think he will be questionable to contribute.

13. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

He's had some serious injuries...I'm tempering my expectations.

14. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I think he will play well but the big, big if is health. Ive tore my acl and it took over a year before I felt even close to 100%. 3 tears in 2 years, that is alot to come back from.

15. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Having torn out both knees myself (but before a lot of the new techniques they use to put them back together now) I really feel for him.

They can tell you that you are back and you can go out there but I know from experience that you aren't "right" right away.

I would almost hope that he decides to do his mission. That would give his knees a couple of season off to fully heal up and let him get comfortable again. I am not sure but a mormon friend of mine tells me that if a guy has special circumstances like knee problems that they assign his mission somewhere that he can have access to the medical follow-up he needs to make sure that he ends up okay.

16. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

If he's healthy then I'll be feeling a lot better about our OL next year. The guy was an animal before he got injured last year. Him next to Solder with Miller and Givens with Stevens at center with experienced backups behind them all, that's the makings of a pretty good line.

17. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Our O line sure handled 'braska better than Texas did. Maybe that is a harbenger of good things to come.

18. Hugegroove

I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched the B12 Championship game.

19. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I was talking mad **** to my texas friends. They are gonna get killed by bama.