What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Shedeur stay for senior year?

Will our awesome QB stay with pops for his senior year?

• yes he will stay

Votes: 62 66.0%
  • no, he will go to draft

Votes: 32 34.0%

• Total voters
Shedeur needs to keep working on his footwork. I had a co-worker whose daughter married a former CSU QB who was on a NFL team. I heard from that co-worker how important footwork is for the QB position.

He's not ready for the NFL at this point.
Dude Face Palm GIF

Shadeur is better right now than Anthony Richardson was his senior year. He's better at reading defenses than Desmond Ridder, CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, etc, etc, etc RIGHT FVCKING NOW.

You know who has the worst footwork in the NFL?
Patrick FREAKING Mahomes.

His reads were not great in the 1st half. He appeared to stare down recievers a couple times (short gain). He didnt sense pressure coming a few times. Didnt see lanes he could run into when everyone was covered. He took longer harder sacks for a loss that were unnecessary. More experience playing high level CFB probably fixes a lot of that for him. He has the gift dont get me wrong.

If NU had a better offense to with their good defense this game might have been different.
At First I No GIF by Lil Yachty

I feel like there are definitely things that Shedeur needs to work on to be pro ready. His arm, touch, and ability to read defenses are all there. His pocket awareness and his decision making in terms of when to get rid of the ball need work. He takes a lot of unnecessary sacks. Which is not a suggestion to run more, he's more pro-ready than others when it comes to being pass-first. But he needs to learn when to get rid of the ball, if for no other reason than to avoid hits. I really worry that this is going to become a bigger problem when we hit conference play and we're playing Oregon, Oregon State, and Utah.
This has ZERO with him having a lack of pocket presence and EVERYTHING to do with him having 1000% BDE. Shadeur believes he's better than every defender across from him and will "win the play" every time. You know who else holds the ball too long because they know all they need is a split second to make the defense pay? Patrick fvcking Mahomes.

I and every other person on this planet would rather go to war with the QB with BDE, rather than the game manager.

What else would a Heisman trophy winner on the national champion CU buffs team have to prove next year? 😉😉😉 He gone.

Being top 15-20 ish is perfect, because he’d be going to a team that’s not hot garbage while building CU brand and opening up recruiting for the next best QB. If he’s projected top half of 1st round, he should go. Too many unknowns.

Yea, if he's going that high, he has to go even if the plan was to stay.

Certainly seems like we should all be paying close attention to random twitter stalking and rumors of high profile QB recruits/transfers.
Not worried. Prime has proven he can perform miracles. He is about to be the coach who finally gets Russell Lovett in a CU jersey.

This has ZERO with him having a lack of pocket presence and EVERYTHING to do with him having 1000% BDE. Shadeur believes he's better than every defender across from him and will "win the play" every time. You know who else holds the ball too long because they know all they need is a split second to make the defense pay? Patrick fvcking Mahomes.

I and every other person on this planet would rather go to war with the QB with BDE, rather than the game manager.

So Shedeur is Patrick Mahomes?

Sweet.

I think Shedeur really wants to win a natty with his pops. I also think that if they get feedback that Shedeur is going to be a top 5 pick, Prime is going to tell Shedeur to go pro.

The only thing there would be if they don't like wherever he would be going and decide to stay at CU and gamble for a better situation the next year.

I think Shedeur really wants to win a natty with his pops. I also think that if they get feedback that Shedeur is going to be a top 5 pick, Prime is going to tell Shedeur to go pro.

The only thing there would be if they don't like wherever he would be going and decide to stay at CU and gamble for a better situation the next year.
If Shedeur is a top-5 pick, it is better for the program that he go pro than staying. Having players selected in the first round is a major commercial for your program among the kind of players you want.

Thinking about great quarterbacks, rule of thumb seems to be that the guys I can think of who have the athleticism to make things happen outside the base play all held the ball longer than others and took some extra hits & sacks. Probably the best I've seen at doing that while also avoiding hits & sacks was peak Aaron Rodgers. Of course, he had the advantage of Bakh as his LT so he could rely on the other team's best pass rusher neutralized for a ridiculously long time.

If Shedeur is a top-5 pick, it is better for the program that he go pro than staying. Having players selected in the first round is a major commercial for your program among the kind of players you want.
Yep. We'll get a top recruit(s) and transfer(s) if he has that type of season and be just fine. Plus the attention. And, most importantly, a big part of being a fan of college sports is wanting to see these players we support go on to reach their dreams in life - probably the biggest difference in mindset between college & pro fandom (I don't react the same way when a favorite pro player leaves the team I like for a big FA contract).

Now obviously we probably want Shedeur to come back. But, we could easily land a top transfer QB (especially of Lewis is back)
^This

CU will have no trouble finding an excellent QB if it's the same offense, coach & play caller that just delivered a Heisman run and Top 5 pick.

Throw in the exposure and NIL value of being the Colorado QB under Coach Prime.

Finding a top flight QB will be the least of our worries even if the next guy is unlikely to be as good as Shedeur.

^This

CU will have no trouble finding an excellent QB if it's the same offense, coach & play caller that just delivered a Heisman run and Top 5 pick.

Throw in the exposure and NIL value of being the Colorado QB under Coach Prime.

Finding a top flight QB will be the least of our worries even if the next guy is unlikely to be as good as Shedeur.
What a wonderful world we now live in.

He’s not ready for the NFL yet but hard to pass up being a top 5 pick(Ex. Matt Barkley), just have to hope if he does enter the draft doesn’t end up on the Cardinals or Bears.

We haven't had a QB get meaningful NFL snaps since Detmer. In fact Detmer and Kordell are the only two we have do anything in the NFL in my lifetime. Now we have a potential #1 pick in our backfield. QB potentially leaving early for the draft .. what a good problem to have.

We have seen Jeudy do his position workouts…how is that helped him in real games? After the TCU game, I thought he might be one & done but after the Nubs game, it’s clear he needs two years in Boulder.
I really do agree, but it is two games…and I love his release, accuracy…can change in a heartbeat

Sooo agree with this…how do u get those up arrows working

Back