1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will we win again this year?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Sep 7, 2013.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Awesome to start out at 2-0 but it we all know it is going to get a lot harder going forward. Based on what we've seen in the 1st 2 games, do you think we will win again and if so against who?

My opinion:
    We will definitely win at least 1 more game this year.

Most likely candidates:
    Cal, Oregon State, Utah

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

We're going to win again this year. Doubt Cal is having this thread right now, nor Oregon State last week.

3. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Bury this thread.

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

After all your talk in the offseason... really?

5. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

Uh, is anyone watching the WAZZU V USC game? = probably.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Just once

7. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Yes, arizona and cal at home.

8. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Two or three more times between USC, Cal, Utah, and Arizona. I'm inclined to go with two, Cal and Utah.

9. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Not sure why people think we are going to beat Arizona. They look better than Cal, USC, WSU and OSU. Sure they've played patsies but they've also destroyed them the way they should, on O and D.

10. Quattro

Not saying much

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I'd throw Oregon State in there as a game where we at least have some sort of chance. Won't be easy up there by any means and I'm not counting on it, but they're not above crapping the bed.

12. Quattro

Totally forgot about that game, I had completely written it off over the summer but now I think we have a chance at em if we can minimize our turnovers and get some turnovers like we did tonight (well....minus the four we had).

13. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

In keeping with my theme: I think we'll win our next game

14. boydbuff

You can look back at any one of the threads this summer where we discuss predictions of wins/losses and I am pretty sure I never predicted more than 4 wins at most and guessed we'd likely win 3.

The difference b/w you and I on this topic this summer, is that I was a glass half-full guy, choosing to put a lot of faith in HCMM & Co and in general placing a high importance on the role of good coaching in changing the fortunes of teams.

MY opinion in the offseason, which remains today, is that HCMM & Co. are proving that good coaching can make a world of difference and that our athletes are not so subpar we shouldn't be able to win more games and be competitive in the ones we lose.

Nothing I am seeing in the first 2 games changes that opinion but I am doubtful we can win more than 1-2 more games (aligned with my offseason expectations) b/c we are only a few games into a new system and new staff, and we have some holes on both sides of the ball.

15. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

We'll win one more. We probably won last night only because of a tipped ball interception return for a touchdown. Team is playing hard and is well coached, but very young and the o-line is average at their best. Hard for me to see more than another win or two.

16. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I'm feeling more like we'll win another, but still in a show me state against a halfway decent team. I get the optimism given that we are actually executing actual plays on offense, but CSU is just horrible, FCS is FCS, and those were both nail biters until late in the game.

17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

AZ knows more than me. But we have a well coached team. We will win
    game or two we are not supposed to.

18. boydbuff

I just saw that Kiffin lost yesterday. After a 10-7 loss to WSU, I am thinking even more that USC could go down in Folsom. We should have a packed house and almost a full season of improvement under HCMM. I would think we probably win 1 in early season and 1 in late season and finish 4-8.

19. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Did you hear the "fire Kiffin" chant at the end of the game? They are not that good. Kiffin may have been a good choice to keep the talent level up during ncaa restrictions. You may be right.

20. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

USC is almost always in the top 5-10 for average stars in recruiting. Kiffin lost that team. Couldn't happen to a better douchebag.

21. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Yes we will win again this season..

22. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Not before Carroll. Kiffin kept the recruiting up. And you are righ on that. Lol. The guy fired his own super bowl winning dad.

23. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

I picked the U$C game as the Buffs "upset special" before the season began (you can look it up). It appears that game could end up with CU favored! No more upset. The Buff game is between Stanford and UCLA for a Trojan bunch that may quit on their coach before then. Kiffin is an idiot! If they can't beat The Pirate's weak "D" what are going to do against "furd? Except get their brains beat in.

Yes, this team has grit and that will translate to more wins this year---6-6 fer shure.

The Buffs played an excellent FCS team, not some bottom dweller, like Portland State (whom Cal barely beat, giving up 500 yds total offense in the process.)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  24. boydbuff

I also picked USC in the off-season as a potential upset. But 6-6 guaranteed-that is some spiked Kool-Aid. I was super encouraged by the CSU game in that we had so few mistakes and had a few things to clean up. But yesterday, against a good FCS team shows we have a long way to go.

The Pac looks particularly weak at this point except for a few teams so who knows how things will shake out.

jahbrahakala likes this.
  25. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Anything can happen, we may pull off one or two upsets if the team continues to get better.

jahbrahakala likes this.
  26. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

I don't which PAC teams you're looking at as "particularly weak". Cal shows no "D" and U$C sucks because of Kiffin, but everybody else is looking to be in form, winning the games they're supposed to win, including the Buffs. Next week will be telling, with Fresno, UCLA vs. the Nubs, Az St. vs. UWisc, UW vs. 2-0 Illinois and Cal vs. Ohio State for highlight games.

27. Quattro

Signed,

Oregon State

28. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

So, the PAC record as "particularly weak", now consisits solely of an upset of Oregon State by a decent EWU team? okay.

29. Quattro

No, it's more of USC has not looked good, Oregon State lost to a FCS team (one who is not as good as Central Arkansas by the way) and didn't exactly kill a bad Hawaii team. Cal nearly got beat by a FCS team this week and lost to Northwestern last week, who is a good team. The upper echelon teams like Oregon, Stanford, Washington, and UCLA look really good. There are just three or four teams at the bottom who don't look good.

30. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Do you guys think the team looked better this week than last week?