1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you buy season tickets next year? (poll)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dio, Nov 8, 2012.

?

As of today, do you plan on buying season tickets next year?

1. Yes, I will buy season tickets no matter what happens

18.6%
  2. Yes, so long as there are changes to the coaching staff

3.5%
  3. Yes, but only if Embree is fired

19.8%
  4. Maybe or Unsure

15.1%
  5. No, I'm not buying season tickets or single game tickets under any circumstance

14.0%
  6. No, but I will buy single game tickets

17.4%
  7. I like polls

11.6%
  1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I'm curious where everyone stands right now. Will you buy season tickets next year?

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Only if Embree is fired. I didn't buy them for Hawk's 5th year, and never regretted it (bought tickets to both home games after he was fired).

3. dio

That is where I'm at as well

4. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Exactly the same for me.

5. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Maybe, only because good seats should be easy to get so I'll be in a good spot when we eventually get good again.

6. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Not renewing mine but will buy tix again when this team is above .500 after October 1st.

7. DenverBuff77

DenverBuff77 Member

Hmm. That's a pretty dang good idea actually...

8. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Maybe. I feel like a battered wife. I know I should leave the bastard(s) but I love them.

9. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Didn't get them this year and won't for the foreseeable future. I'm not even sure of the next time ill see a game in Folsom

10. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm not going anywhere. It's a 700-mile commute to home games.
    My freshman season CU went 1-10. My very first game as a CU student, the Buffs fell behind UCLA 56-0 ... at halftime (and yes, I was in Eugene watching my Buffs equal that record a few weeks ago). In my seven years in Boulder, the Buffs went 24-56-1. One winning season; two 1-10 campaigns.

You deal with the bad ... it makes the good all the sweeter.

Am I happy cheering for the worst team in college football? No.
    Am I happy being chided by everyone I know for being a Buff fan? No.
    Am I sick to my stomach about the state of the program? Yes.

Does that mean I divorce my team? Nope.
    I'll be at Mile High next September, grousing about how much I hate having to play the Rams in Denver, just like I always do.
    I'll be renewing my season tickets next spring, getting ready to follow my team for yet another season ...

Go Buffs!

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  11. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

One thing about buying single game tickets next year for me will be a good seat at SportsAuthorityInvescoMileHigh stadium. That will be cool....

12. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Buy the cheapest ticket you can get for that one if you really want to go. Just move down to whatever seat you want... They will all bey empty anyway.

13. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

I had to put maybe. It depends on what they do. Firing Embree alone isn't enough to convince me that they are now serious about this. If they replace him with another rookie from within the family then no. Spend the cash, get someone with experience in here and commit to the facilities then yes.

14. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I have four tickets now and am going to cut that down to one or two next season, just to keep my priority points.

15. buffedup

I would never divorce my team. They have divorced me.

16. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I will buy fewer tickets next year. In all seriousness, my dad is getting older. He might decide that the games don't provide the kind of experience he is willing to pay for. If that happens, we won't buy any tickets. My Dad has been a season ticket holder since 1970.

17. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I'm buying again.
    But I didn't go to a single home game in 2012. There's no guarantee how much I'll show up next year.

The football tickets support more programs than just football. I support XC and track. Why penalize excellence?

There also is the concept of buy low, sell high.
    If ever were there an opportunity to get nearer to the 50 yard line, this is it.
    This admin and coach wont last forever. I'll weather this out.

I figure that buying tickets entitles me to bitch. I've got skin in the game not only as a consumer, but as a community member. CU is part of who I am.

This decade as a football fan has been like watching a relative go through a deginerative disease. You don't walk away from a beloved family member because they have cancer. When CU kills its football program, I'll attend the funeral.

18. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

voted NO - I will not be attending games until the Buffs are at least competitive. Sux, I miss Boulder and Folsom field

19. Dal Ward Buff

Dal Ward Buff Club Member Club Member

I'll wait until the season starts if we are anygood I'll buy a couple of single game tickets. No way am I in for $600 in seat licenses to watch this BS continue.

20. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I'm going to buy no matter what. But only the cheapest possible option, and only for priority points. I sure don't expect to use all of them. Definitely gonna go sackygate, but my attendance is no longer a guarantee. It's just too much of a waste of a saturday to see our buffs get demolished. Is it sad that I'm thinking about the priority point boost as more important for moving my basketball seats? :lol:

21. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Well, I have never had season tix. Between work and my kids' activities on fall Saturdays, I really would not be able to make more than 2-3 of the home games. So I have, over the past, attended those 2-3 games a year by means of single game tickets. Before kids I pretty much hit every home game and a few roadies by means of single game tickets.

This year will be the first year I can remember where I did not go to a CU home game. I doubt it will be different next year. I usually skip the MileHighInvescoSportsAuthority Gulag game, and after watching that, I really had no motivation to go watch really bad FB when I could do it form the comfort of my own home on the tube.

The admin. have shown no desire or competence in building a FB team worth watching. It is a shame. CU has a long tradition. CU has been competitive in every decade of modern CFB. 60's 70's 80's 90's 00's. Starting with 06, CU has been largely, at best a gross underachiever, at worst a whipping boy, and is now simply the worst BCS team there is. Possibly the worst D1 team. In short, the results are a joke and an embarassment.

I don't have the resources to do anything about it. I am just an alum, fan and CO taxpayer. I can however, choose to spend my entertainment/recreation money on things that are enjoyable. Paying a lot of money for tickets to see your favorite FB team get the crap kicked out of them week in and week out, year after year, is pretty low on my list. There are other things to do.

22. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Lefty has hit on something that is very important, IMO. Football games are no longer enjoyable. Parking hassles, conflicts with CU police over the location of our tailgate, exit hassles (this is something none of you guys know about, but it's a freaking nightmare to leave that parking lot), horrible football and a "don't give a damn" attitude of the administration make it really, really hard to gin up the enthusiasm to keep going to the games.

23. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

Live out of state so cannot buy tickets but as lefty said I can choose to spend my entertainment dollars else where. Usually I attend at least one game but made the decision to go see the Swamp this season and will probably choose another venue next season.

Love CFB but CU is just not worth my money.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

24. dio

This is part of it for me to. Watching the police harass sackygate week in and week out is frustrating....

25. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

It appears the athletic department has chosen to quit, why shouldn't we? They'll take success if it comes easy but if it's hard they are content to do nothing and just let things ride. With that mentality any support I give them ($$) just enables them to continue with their current behavior.

I'm going to do the most loving thing I can for my university. Despite the fact that it hurts me to do so, I'm going to stop supporting CU which, if enough of us do that, will force them to deal with the consequences of their actions and maybe empower them to make changes to their terrible behavior. We can't force them to make better decisions, but we can make sure they feel the full consequences of their bad choices. Tough love.

26. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Oh hell no.

27. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

This. It's the same cycle with these guys, or at least it has been for the past several years. We underwhelm during the season and I tell myself I'm through and just won't get worked up about them anymore. By spring the interest is starting to return, by mid-summer I'm football starved and by the start of the season I'm mainlining the Kool-Aid all over again.

28. buffedup

I think even Rudy would give up if this coaching staff stays.

29. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Can't we just throat punch somebody?

I jest, of course....

30. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Are you kidding? Rudy would be the starting QB.