What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

With Xavier and Nixon are we in the top 25 yet?

BUffsNation

Newest Tool
Got to hit the top 25 in recruiting with the last 2 commits. And if we get Greg, Alex Perry, Falo, and Bubba and a few other key guys we have to have top 5 in the nation.

*Rivals wouldn't load for me but now it will and we are at 19. ESPN should update tomorrow some time?

Top 5 with all of those guys? Not even close. Look at the number of 4 or 5 star guys for the current top 5 on Scout.

1. Oklahoma - 16
2. Ohio St - 16
3. Alabama - 16
4. Notre Dame - 13
5. LSU - 12

According to Scout we currently have two 4* players. (Some of the 3* guys on there are 4* guys on other services.) Adding Falo, Bolden, Perry, and Rogers would get us to six 4*. With the high three star guys we have it maybe gets us a top 15 finish. There is nothing wrong with that. It would be our best class in a very long time and reason to be very excited. You don't have to have top 5 classes every year to compete for a national championship. If you're in the top 15 to 20 every year you are stacked. You can play with anyone. And The Rise is just getting started! Look at what this staff is doing with classes that weren't highly thought of. With our success on the field, best in the nation facilities and the best college town and campus anywhere, there is no reason we can't get back to bringing top 5 classes in here again like Bill McCartney did. WTTF!!!

CU sliding into the Top 20 in recruiting and trying to act casual about #therise
giphy.gif

Last edited:
The impressive thing about this class, to me, is the overall quality. We are no longer searching for the "diamond in the rough" guys. Our class is solid. Out of 20 so far, only two guys are rated 2 stars. Even 'bama takes guys like that. But we are no longer building a class on guys "with potential."

What we are doing now is with 2-3* guys...can't imagine what we can do with guys who don't need as much development. We may be in the playoffs in a few years.

To be fair, the last couple of years I preferred to look at average star rating rather than ranking. Our overall rank was low because of numbers. Our average star rating was around a 2.75, which put us close to the top 45 or so. I think our rank was around 70ish. If you look at it that way, we are around 35th this year. Now, if we were to get a couple of 4's, we'd go from a 3.05 to around 3.20. That would be truly impressive.

The only reason, well main reason, I care about ranking is for the publicity. It opens eyes, right or wrong. We are winning with guys from "lowly ranked classes."

So I was wrong. For average star rating, Rivals calculates using all recruits. But for rank, they only use the top 20. Whatever. So if we were to get two 4's we'd average 3.13.

Tell Alabama and Ohio St. fans stars don't matter. They average around a 4.0. Bastards. Haha.

Last edited:
The only good teams right now in the PAC12 have been UW, WSU, Utah and CU. 3 of the 4 worse rated recruits in the conference. The trajectory of many other programs is not that solid.

And before Duff quotes me, yes I believe that better talent is key. But it's only one ingredient and it's got to be developed. A 4-star in '17 is facing a much different environment at CU than one in 2010 or 2012 (or at Alabama in anytime in recent memory). Competition, good coaching, and a solid culture with player leadership is imperative.

The only good teams right now in the PAC12 have been UW, WSU, Utah and CU. 3 of the 4 worse rated recruits in the conference. The trajectory of many other programs is not that solid.

And before Duff quotes me, yes I believe that better talent is key. But it's only one ingredient and it's got to be developed. A 4-star in '17 is facing a much different environment at CU than one in 2010 or 2012 (or at Alabama in anytime in recent memory). Competition, good coaching, and a solid culture with player leadership is imperative.

Talent matters, so does coaching. This team still sucks if the original 2013 coaching staff is in place.

I would throw USC in there. Would not surprise me if they go undefeated the rest of the year. Looks like they have it figured out with their talent.

Back