What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's Basketball against UCLA

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Just was watching the Buff's against UCLA, and the Buffs turned a 3 point half time deficit to a 20 point win. Congrats!

Good to see them come on in the 2nd half, as it was late in games when they have been struggling. But, that's now two games in a row when they dominated in the 2nd half.

The network showed the Pac 12 tournament bracket, and as of now (pending of course the final conference games this weekend) we may also be playing UCLA in the 1st round at the conference tournament, so it was extra good to get this win for that reason. (Edit- If I'm reading the standings right, looks like we WILL be playing them, as we're tied at 8th right now (at 6-10), and no other teams above or below us are within a game, with I believe only one qame to play.)

On the negative side, Jen Reese got injured late in the 1st half (looks like her shoulder), and watched the whole 2nd half from the bench with her left arm in a sling. Hopefully not too serious.

Last edited:
Was at the game. CU struggled at times in the first half and even the beginning of the second half. But once they were able to relax, and Jamee Swan got her game going it was all over with for the Bruins. As the second half wore on CU was able to score more in transition and control the boards while holding UCLA to only 12 points. It was a big step towards getting their game to a higher level.

CU outscored UCLA 35-12 in the second half.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209422060

Let's hope that Jen Reese isn't going to miss too much time with her injured shoulder. The Buffs have been battling injuries the last few months and have not been at full strength for while.

I can't say enough about Jamee Swan's impact on the game. It's not just points, it's intimidation, timing, blocked shots, etc. For CU to consistently play well they need her in the game.

Jamee just took over in the last ten minutes. Swan to Smith was a nice connection a few times. Also, I thought Ashley controlled the game well in the second half.

The team that played in the second half of the Arizona game and last night's UCLA game is the team I have been waiting to see emerge since January. A team that took control and kept going. Didn't get tentative when pushed. Didn't play "not to lose" when they needed to play to win. Too bad they can't get a couple of those close losses in conference back. I think they lost 5 games each by 4 points or less. Plus a few more by 10 or less each. One of the commentators doing last nights game said, during the closing minutes of the game, that this Buffaloes team could be dangerous in the tournament. Hopefully they continue to play this well... get a win for Senior Day on Sunday and then go into the tourney with momentum. The NCAAs is out of the picture unless they pull off the tourney championship but a good finish to the season should at least get them into the WNIT so they can keep their season going.

I think they have to win one game in the Pac 12 tourney to get a WNIT invite, especially after the USC game.

This team is good in one game and not good in the next game.

Back