1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst display of reffing I think I have ever seen

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I seriously think those refs payckecks came from Lincoln. Complete bull**** calls. Could not believe putting the ball back an additional 15 yards to the 15 yard penaly, the no TD (that was), and several no calls that should have been pass interference on the corn.

The refs pissed me off in that game. Oh well, we got the last laugh!:thumbsup:

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

It was embarrassing. These are big 12 refs. How about when the ref marked 15yds instead of 10 like it was supposed to be. :wow:

3. str8jacket

str8jacket Member

Or how bout the countless times they tackled us out of bounds, yet we got a penalty for being too close to the field?

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

There were bad calls all the way around. It happens.

5. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

i usually try not to complain about the officiating in a game because those guys are human and prone to mistakes.

the officials today were sub-human...

that was the absolute worst display of officiating i have ever seen.

they did not call holding at all...not even when there was a mauling going on by the fusker offensive line. several times there were clear tackles and take downs that were not called that clearly should have been.

on at least two occasions ganz threw the ball from beyond the line of scrimmage...the officials had no clue what the line of scrimmage was...

and then the ball spotting debacle that has already been mentioned here occurred...

this crew needs to be disbanded...and docked their pay for today's effort...

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Don't forget about Hugh Charles fumble that the refs said he wad down.

Refs are too slow to keep up with today's college football game.

7. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

usually i would agree, bb...these guys today sucked.

they totally sucked.

8. Sexton Hardcastle

They went above and beyond the call of crapiness today. I know we all get on the upires out there. But it was BAD.

9. str8jacket

str8jacket Member

Pretty sure his knee was in fact, down

10. Sexton Hardcastle

Let him bitch. Its all he's been doing recently. :huh:

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

True enough. I guess I just expect horrible officiating week in and week out. They met my expectations today.

12. str8jacket

str8jacket Member

So I've read.

And he sure is a prophet. I mean. NU really did roll us :huh:

13. BuffGuy91

BuffGuy91 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the "late" hit on the kick off, where the ref doesn't blow his wissle.

Just when you think it can't get any worse, they make worse and worse calls. I guess it is to be expected to have the complete oppisite call of what should be (or not be) called.

14. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

twice today NU was offsides when they kicked off to CU after they had scored-
    and yet no flags were thrown-I've seen better officiating at pee wee games than today-

just glad the non-calls didn't come back and haunt the Buffs in the end-

15. str8jacket

str8jacket Member

Well one of em robbed us of a touchdown and we had to settle for a field goal :sad2:

16. Big Red Cop

Big Red Cop Active Member

Replay showed that Charles' knee was in fact not down, but did it really matter? Nope.

17. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Same shyt, different day. When has ****braska NOT gotten every advantage and every call from the officials, particularly against CU? Today was just the latest example. I suppose we should just be happy that when CU scored to take the lead in the third quarter, the Big XII officials didn't just arbitrarily decide that the game was over before the ball was snapped and award a victory to ****braska... :huh:

The most blatant examples were the constant no calls for holding and pass interference. At least two of Ganz's long runs were sprung by absolute takedowns on the corner. CU had at least two drives killed by clear PI no calls on third down. But in the end, it didn't matter. Even 18 on 11, UNL was simply no match for the Buffs in the second half.

18. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I was pissed about that first no call in the endzone, but after watching it on the TiVo, I think it was a fine call. The rest of the game, however, not so much.

19. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

The one that pissed me off as well was in the 2nd qtr Ganz scrambled and was a good 3 yards past the LOS when he threw he ball and there was no flag. You could hear everybody boo that one.:cry:

20. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I remember one play in the first half, I believe. Hypo had a strong pass rush going up the middle and the OL had him hogtied around the neck as Hypo went around. No call...

21. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

yep, I remember that one too

22. Wise Old Man

Wise Old Man Member

Yea.... All I can do is agree... Lol. I was jumping around yelling at the TV every now and then. Did you guys see what they said about the iowa state officiating? I know it may have been our fault... but honestly... I DONT. I think The Call at the end there was Absolutely Bogus... But really it shouldn't have come down to that play anyways. Oh well. What a fun game yesterday!

23. BuffSax

BuffSax Member

I don't want to write an officiating diatribe here, but I want to see if you all noticed certain things over the years.

I never noticed an officiating bias until after the scandal started in full swing. Then I noticed we got called for a lot more personal fouls that were questionable, but the refs threw the flags regardless.

I'm not sure of Hawk has instilled some better discipline into the players than Barnett did, but it seems now that after we scoured the AD we're getting less PF's.

Do you think it was a scandal that created a bias against our team? Or do you think a better coaching job by Hawk is the cause? Or do you think that the refs are a bunch of fat, lazy bastards that should learn braille so they can "read" the rules better?

I hate the idea that we're being blamed for past errors and it's causing an on-field bias towards our team. The ISU game put me over the edge.

24. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

thanks to FC and his tickets the 1st time ganz was 1-2 yards past the LOS when he threw, I was sitting even with the LOS. about officiating in the Big XII. I think the officiating is steadily becoming worse, even with instant replay the refs cant get calls right. I'm hate to say this, but instant replay is only hurting the game right now, not helping.

25. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

Looked closer than 1 or 2 yards on the slo mo replay. None the less, there were much worse calls in the game.

26. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

Yep - like Dusty not getting his TD! :wow: