What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wow

ROTFLMAO! :rofl:

You credentialed, but unedjamacted, doofuses are all alike: "They made me read Sun Zu in a B-school seminar and it sucked!"

Guess that's why that 3,000 year old wisdom is taught in every major military academy on the planet, eh? Because its douchey?

Figure out who Burnside is, yet, there, Plato?

Heh heh ... thinks he's smart because he knows who Ambrose Burnside is. ADORABLE! :lol:

Look kiddo ... I won't speak for dply, he's more than capable of speaking for himself. But as to myself ... I've BEEN to Fredericksburg ... AND Gettysburg ... AND Antietam ... AND Chickamauga. As a lifetime history buff (Civil War in particular) I'm pretty sure I can safely say that I have probably forgotten more about the Civil War than you will ever know. But that doesn't make me smart ... being smart does. Yes ... that's a tautological statement (a term I'm sure you will have to look up) ... but there it is.

Heh heh ... thinks he's smart because he knows who Ambrose Burnside is. ADORABLE! :lol:

Look kiddo ... I won't speak for dply, he's more than capable of speaking for himself. But as to myself ... I've BEEN to Fredericksburg ... AND Gettysburg ... AND Antietam ... AND Chickamauga. As a lifetime history buff (Civil War in particular) I'm pretty sure I can safely say that I have probably forgotten more about the Civil War than you will ever know. But that doesn't make me smart ... being smart does. Yes ... that's a tautological statement (a term I'm sure you will have to look up) ... but there it is.

Guess which one of these statements I disagree with?

Hint: There are no wrong answers.

Thanks L_buff. I'm not even sure why he brought up Burnsy. I'm pretty sure everyone with a 7th grade education knows about him and Lee. My qualms are with The Art of War. It's a great book that has practical uses in everyday life. When studied I believe it can offer much. I read it in my late teens on my own but it took some schooling to truly understand it and I'm not sure if I still understand most.

My issue is with his statement that Tad and other coaches should have to read it. Tad being a former stock broker probably knows a lot more about it than Mr. Enuf.

People who quote it and mention it in causal conversations seem to be super douchey and pseudo-intellectual. Maybe that is just my experience but I think Mr. Enuf is proving my point correct.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have an important meeting to attend.

Last edited:
Back