What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WSU Game Visit

You forgot The Butterfly Pavilion. I’ve never been there but hear it’s great for kids.
There’s a skate board park too! He can also go to Mercedes of Westminster and check out the latest models!

Lol what’s the weather going to be like? GTFO. It’s either going to be 10 degrees, 90 degrees or somewhere in between. It could be snowing, it could be raining, it could be windy or it could be a collection of all of those things in an hour span. Lol most likely it will be in the 40-50’s during the day and 20-30 at night. But this is Colorado, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a blizzard and I wouldn’t be surprised to see 80.

How bad is it? haha. Is there uber/lyft to get us into Boulder?

There’s nothing wrong with Westminster at all, It’s just a quiet suburban area. As others have mentioned there’s an AMC, ice rink, Bar Louie, Rick bottom, Dave and busters etc on one side and bonefish, Buffalo Wild Wings, target etc and other stuff on the other side. It has pretty much everything you would need right in that area to just hang out and there are options for going out to eat. It isn’t far from Boulder but on a game day highway 36 is a bit of a **** show. But as far as night life? Nothing. Bar Louie would be it or the rock bottom.

Westminster just isn’t what it used to be now that Trail Dust Steakhouse is out of businesss.

1537f06c1d0c2b5e1674accfae2c6242--metal-slide-shopping-malls.jpg

There’s nothing wrong with Westminster at all, It’s just a quiet suburban area. As others have mentioned there’s an AMC, ice rink, Bar Louie, Rick bottom, Dave and busters etc on one side and bonefish, Buffalo Wild Wings, target etc and other stuff on the other side. It has pretty much everything you would need right in that area to just hang out and there are options for going out to eat. It isn’t far from Boulder but on a game day highway 36 is a bit of a **** show. But as far as night life? Nothing. Bar Louie would be it or the rock bottom.

Definitely looking for more of the College Town nightlife/gameday atmosphere! So will just have to get to Boulder early!

For context, 85’s lady buys him Diesel brand clothing. Now understand, there’s nothing wrong with Diesel or Westminster, but they both swim in the same cultural pool that could be experienced anywhere in America. No plane required...

“Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth”
- Rush, Subdivisions

Yes, there are Lyfts and Ubers.

Think of it like booking in Bellevue instead of Seattle or Walnut Creek instead of Berkeley or Colfax instead of Pullman. (At least Moscow is a college town)
Rush lyrics always get rep.

"Conform or be cast out."
- AllBuffs Mods?

For context, 85’s lady buys him Diesel brand clothing. Now understand, there’s nothing wrong with Diesel or Westminster, but they both swim in the same cultural pool that could be experienced anywhere in America. No plane required...

Well I live in Westminster, so...

Unless you can afford $400 a night to stay at the St. Julien, Westminster Westin is great. Any other hotel in Boulder you need to worry about your bell-hop using your room to smoke up and get a handy from his girlfriend. Visit Boulder, stay in Westminster, and don't listen to all the hipsters bashing Rock Bottom because they are corporate and have a happy hour where you aren't being charged $7 a pint.

Unless you can afford $400 a night to stay at the St. Julien, Westminster Westin is great. Any other hotel in Boulder you need to worry about your bell-hop using your room to smoke up and get a handy from his girlfriend. Visit Boulder, stay in Westminster, and don't listen to all the hipsters bashing Rock Bottom because they are corporate and have a happy hour where you aren't being charged $7 a pint.
There are a lot of Air BNB options where you can stay in Boulder in which your host will smoke up and get a handy from his girlfriend.

Rock Bottom may be fine, but it’s an experience you can get anywhere. Why not check out the Bitter Bar and pay a little more?

giphy.gif

Stay in Boulder. You can probably rent a house somewhere within walking distance of the stadium, pearl street, and the hill for less than the rooms in Westminster. If you want to go hang out with the team take lift or the bus out there. You'll have a much better time of you can walk home to your place in Boulder after a night out.

Even though I’ve defended Westminster, I agree it makes little sense to travel all the way to Boulder to watch a football game and then stay in Westminster.

There's a number of Hokie fans who stay wherever the team does on road trips. Never a thing for me, but I guess there's some allure in hoping to bump into a coach or player in the elevator, bar or restaurant.

Every week before a road game though, on techsideline.com, there's a thread for "which hotel is the team staying at?" Creepy, fvcking stalker behavior IMO. but i guess staying at the team hotel before a home game is maybe creepier.

Anyway, Coug, have a blast in Boulder! You're not creepy just because you're stalking the team. I'm sure your stalking is completely legit.

And if you're staying at the Omni, breakfast is money!!

Back