1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF? Boston College will fire coach if he interviews with the Jets.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Jan 5, 2009.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

bc sucks!!!

3. HuskerHater

HuskerHater Club Member Club Member

And Bob Kraft is a trustee at BC. Never would have guessed.:lol:

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

When I first saw this story I was amazed. I don't ever recall hearing about this kind of a threat from a team before. I wonder if they'd really follow thru with firing him.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

He should call their bluff. If he gets fired over something like this, then he'd be an automatic candidate for about 10 other jobs right away. His agent should be screaming at him to call the bluff.

6. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Unless interviewing with other teams is specifically spelled out in his contract as a terminable offense, they can fire him and they will likely have to honor the rest of the contract.

So is their intent to make him want to stay there? Because it sure doesn't come across that way.

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Ah. That explains a lot.

Part of me says "go, BC!" on this one. Too many coaches sign contract, then just walk away from them when the next better job comes along. Sucks for the schools, but more for the kids who sign with a program because a coach tells them he'll be around, then leaves a month later. The kids are the only ones with no real options in that situation.

But a bigger part of me says that BC is being a bunch of absolute asshats in this situation. Jagodzinski has done a good job there, and saying they are going to hand the job to Steve Logan, who got run out of East Carolina, doesn't seem like the most level headed move in this situation. The odds on Jagodzinski actually landing the Jets job are pretty astronomical - seems to me BC is cutting off their nose to spite their face here.

8. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

During the recruiting cycle no less. :lol: I'd say they could fire him and he could probably get an injunction against them among other legal maneuvers to make it really painful for them in front of all those TV cameras. :devil2: