1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wtf!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffocrat, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

Taken from BDC

Smith is producing statistically despite playing with two injured shoulders. He has been receiving a pregame shot in each shoulder in order to play and might require surgery on a bad AC joint after the season.

"Both of them are pretty banged up. We're just going to have to continue to see how it goes," Smith said. "After the X-ray they said I was a step away from surgery, but not quite there yet. So we figured just going with the numbing shots and that would help me out to be able to not feel the pain. I should definitely be fine."

Why is Smith still out there? If he "might" need surgery, why not get it taken care of now? Best case scenario, CU wins it's sixth game and gets an invite to the "Nobody cares and Nobody's watching and it doesn't help recruiting Bowl"....which means he doesn't have surgery until January which means he's not available for spring ball and who knows how long in the fall. Get it over with!

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

So should I go ahead become an Okie State/NU fan for these last couple games?

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

hes in because hes a ****ing gamer and we ****ing need him.

If there is no risk of serious long term injury, and he is going to need surgery anyways, let him make the choice.

This puts his complaints about playing time into a really ridiculous light however.. WTF? to that for sure.

4. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

They need to get him involved in the passing game. He needs to catch the ball better.

This thing of " he's burned out by playing special teams" is weak at best.

5. Darth Snow

he gets up slow every time he goes down. I bet he can't run block either with his shoulders like that. I'm impressed he can even catch.

6. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

No!

Personally, I would prefer for someone to "play smart" vs. "playing hard". For him to be out there not being able to be fully functional is just stupid IMO. All that has to happen is a gunner gets a good jump on the punt, build up steam and time the hit out and J-fly's toast. Put him on ice until next season.

At this point anyone healthy can play (and not on the redshirt list) and anyone that needs surgery get it now and get prepared for 2009. I still believe both Hypolite and Nicholas have been playing %70-80 the whole season due to past injuries.

There are many more battles to be waged and won. Jfly needs to be put on ice.

7. Darth Snow

you are the one arguing for NO bowl game this year right? As in that is good for the program? I fail to see how we should value your opinion.

8. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

I had this exact injury my senior year at CU playing rugby. If I had even a little more of a separation I would have had surgery. Basically it hurts like a bitch, but you can play through it. I would think that receiver would probably be the worst position to have that injury, because if I remember correctly it hurt worst when I would reach out.

Hopefully he rehabs his well or has the surgery, or he will end up like me and one of his shoulders will permanently hang lower. But it should not effect him too much after this year.

9. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

Because that's the most spot on opinion you've read this year. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it lacks validity.

You can keep praying for the boys to get to play an exhibition game in Ft. Worth all you want. I just want them to rest up, get healthy, and get started on to bigger and better things.

10. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

:bs: And I don't want to get into it with you again crapt. You're entitled to believe whatever you want and we are entitled continue our opinion that you are an idiot who doesn't know jack shyt.

11. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

That's fine...some of you sound like the folks that Chrysler, GM, and Ford were in good shape.

I'm just the dude saying cut the Escalade, Navigator, and Excursion production and concentrate on smaller cars before its too late......

your loss.

12. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

" the most spot on opinion you've read this year" :lol:

Uh,no it isn't.:rolleyes:

13. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Not even if you posted it at 12:00:01 AM on January 1. :rolleyes:

You're right. The fact that I don't like it doesn't mean it lacks validity. The fact that it makes no ****ing sense in any conceivable way means that it lacks validity... :lol:

14. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Definitely. Because mailing in the season and finishing 5-7 is obviously better than playing to win.

15. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

Never said anything about mailing in a season. You play who can play, you get the others who aren't effective (Josh "cough" Smith "cough") because of injury into surgery. There are bigger fish to fry in the future. Time to start planning for that.

16. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I definitely don't think the coaches are keeping him from getting surgery and forcing him to play. Just last week he was bitching about not being involved and not touching the ball enough.

17. Buffocrat

Buffocrat Member

He wants to play. Passionate players do that. I understand that But if he's just legs and an occasional catch, and cortizone shots every week...shut him down. Seems like more risk than reward at this point in the season

18. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I agree with you. I'm just saying it's partially his doing not the coaches. Do you think if the coaches sat him his close his yapper or run off and complain to the media that the coaches benched him and he should be out there making plays.

19. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I had that same injury (AC joint) in college I suffered it in the first period of a hockey game, played out the game and had it in a sling intermittently for 2 or 3 weeks. It limited me in practice but I still played in games with it, the severity of injury itself can be a bit difficult to diagnose and both doctors who looked at mine said I *might need surgery. That decision I was told is based on how it heals and less on how severe the initial separation is. Also for me the injury was more of a pain issue than anything that caused a lack of strength or movement.

20. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Did you ever end up getting the surgery done? If not, how long during the off season did it take before you were back to 100%?

21. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I didn't have the surgery done and my shoulder was back to "healthy" within a month of the end of the season and me being able to rest it full time. That said even then I was pretty wary of re-injuring it and I did a couple of times before I quit playing, never as severely as the first time, but it was not ever was quit right, so maybe I should have had it cut.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008