1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WVU Forums

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by bensnow77, Sep 9, 2008.

1. bensnow77

bensnow77 Guest

Go check out some of the WVU forums (sorry too lazy to get any links). Id say a good 2/3 of them are predicting CU to roll over WVU. They are REALLY down on their Mountaineers. I dont know what to make of it...:confused:

2. bensnow77

bensnow77 Guest

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm surprised that not onyl a lot of them are picking CU, they are picking CU in a blowout! I would be surprised if this is a blowout in any teams favor.

4. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

If it's a blowout, we're screwed.

5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I'm with Daaah

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I'm always shocked when fans can say 'Well, we lost that game because of a few plays here and there - it wasn't as bad as it looks!" then turn to their opponent and say "They struggled against a 1AA team!" w/o studying the game.

I guess that is why they are fans :smile2:

7. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

NO WAY!...I think we matchup very well with these guys...they have no defense, and if we can contain their run and force Pat White to throw the ball it will be a great day for the Buffs....and the 1 part of our D I'm most confortable with is our LB's & D-Line's ability to contain the run...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  8. Daaah

To be honest, I haven't seen much of an offense on our end yet. Not saying it can't happen, 'cause it can. I remember OU from last year and that was a much better team than this WVU team.

9. Rraalph 3000

Lest we forget it's a home game....which is a HUGE advantage in college football....and I'm of the opinon that we can beat anybody at home!

I also think that WVU is starting to see that no matter how much talent you have, a coaching change and schematic change when guys like Pat White have been there for awhile is a big deal. I believe that's what their fans are starting to see.

10. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Here's a sample from the WVU Rivals board(free).

11. bensnow77

bensnow77 Guest

I saw that message about the CU game not mattering too. WTF is the deal with that? I hope their team shares this defeatist attitude that their fans have...

12. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

They have the same 'doom and gloom' fans that we have. :smile2:

13. Daaah

We have a schematic change too.

14. Rraalph 3000

shhhh....that's a secret remember :smile2:

15. broncos1

broncos1 Member

That's what a team who is about to lose says

16. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

I think a lot of it is that they lost to a ECU team they thought they should have steamrolled. If we had lost last week, we'd probably look the same way.

17. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

What a BBS. Signatures with midget wrestling...I mean, rasslin' clips, and clever sayings like "Warnig (sic), danger Will Robinson".:rock:

18. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I'm sure cu will get the WV team that everyone saw last year. The bye week will give them time to work things out.

On the flip side, I think (hope) the bye week will help cu out a good deal. CU was much more productive with devin head on the line and we get back riar geer.According to him,cu will be lining him up in various positions and having him back will give us another weapon and maybe open things up a bit.The blocking should be better.

19. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

I saw some BBS stuff here and there that says that may be scraping the pass happy offense that they have done the first couple of games, and going back to the run-spread option that made them so good the last few years. If that is true, then that scares the hell out of me.

20. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I have seen a lot of stuff that talks about WVU returning to the belly option and running their asses off, but that really confuses me. Rodriguez is gone and he took his offensive coordinator with him. Bill Sterwart is a DC and he brought in an OC to install a new pass-oriented system. Presumably they have practiced this new offense through the spring and summer.

Now, I'm not going to pretend that the OL and backs have forgotten their old playbook or anything but you can't tell me that an offense can simply switch gears like that, especially when the architects of the old offense are gone. Who's going to call the plays and make adjustments? The players on the field? They probably know the offense better than the guys on the sideline.

Regardless of how talented they are, a team thrashing for answers plays to the Buffs favor, IMHO.

21. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

That was what I was wondering. If they installed a new O, I could see how they could import a few plays or sets from the old system, but I would think even with extra time they won't be going back to the full WVU spread, which is a pretty scary system with the right players.

22. Daaah

Regardless, it makes it tough for the Buffs D prepare. I, for one, wish we know what they were going to run.

23. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I hope they do run, it goes into the buffs favor. We match up well against this team. In fact we match up better with WV than most of the teams on our schedule.

24. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Concur. We have an inexperienced O-line to match their inexperience on the D-line. Our average (but getting better) receivers will run patterns against their young defensive secondary. Frankly their defense has yet to stop anybody (four returning starters I think) this season. Perhaps they'll get it together on the 18th, but the road, at altitude isn't a formula for a great leap in progress.

Both our team and WVU's have underachieved on the offensive side of the ball. I hope CU clicks on the 18th. WVU certainly has the talent and experience to be explosive...

BUT...

Our surprisingly resiliant defense, anchored by a gap-stopping, experienced D-line should force perimeter runs and passing. Though Pat White passed for five TDs against Villanova, his receivers remain unproven against better teams. I believe our LBs (and secondary) can contain White/Devine outside of the tackles most of the time.

Speaking of which...Did anybody notice Smart's amazing ankle tackle against EWU? I'd never seen anything quite like that before.

25. Rraalph 3000

So I actually spent the time to read the forum posted, and the #1 thing I take away is that they have absolutely no idea who the Buffs are or what kind of football we play....saw comments of our defense is horrible, compared Cody to Chase Daniels saying he can run :wow: & pass etc. etc....I didn't read a single person who had a clue about us except that we're located in altitude.

So I say we take it to 'em next Thursday and "edumacate" some Redneck A** on CU Football!

26. manley1104

manley1104 New Member

HAHA, I was going to ask if anyone else saw that clip of the midget sliding across the wrestling mat on his face, that was awesome.