1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XJ at the 4

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Shldr2Shldr, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

This is two games in a row now this season where XJ has excelled at the 4 position. With Gordon expected to be back next week, what does the line up look like? Do we slide X back to the 3 or does Tad get creative?

2. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

In addition to height, weight and arm-span, it would be fun to see some kind of butt/upper thigh circumference measurement as a BB player stat. A man's greatest natural strength is in the thigh and buttocks muscles, and XJ is filling out in that area. I think he could carry another 25 lbs upper body, w/o any problems. Tad refers to him as a 'beast' sometimes. Pretty soon he will be a beast all the time - and he's doing a good job avoiding the early fouls that plagued him last year

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Combine how well he's done at the "4" with what a wreck he was against CSU playing the "3", and yeah, I think there are a few decisions Tad is going to have to make here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Just a bit creepy.

CVilleBuff likes this.
  5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

My only question with that move is in terms of chemistry. Switching Wes for J-Hop puts 4 high maintenance guys on the court with Mayor instead of 3. It's been hard enough for him to get into his own offensive rhythm while getting the other guys involved / keeping them happy. Wes doesn't need to be fed shots.

6. BuffG

BuffG Well-Known Member

Exactly. This team's best lineup is Spence, Ski, XJ, Wes, and Scott. XJ is never going to be a 4 at the next level and is a little short even for PAC 12 play. He's a got a decent outside shot and no one on this team takes it from the wing to the paint with more authority. Kid is still learning. Let him grow into his role. In a pinch, he's a decent 4. My biggest thing with XJ is body control. Savvy players know they can get charge calls off him.

7. rosstr

rosstr Well-Known Member

Definitely feel a 4-around-Scott is the best lineup for Tad. I'd bring Gordon off the bench.

8. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

If be surprised to see any change in the starting 5, but the rotation will continue to evolve. I'm guessing we'll see XJ split his time pretty evenly between the forward spots.

9. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

[​IMG]

10. Zachsquatch

Zachsquatch Active Member

His offensive game is still very much at a freshman level, but I wouldn't mind Tre'shaun starting at the 3, with XJ at the 4.

He played with great energy on Friday and is really improving on the defensive end, plus he can hit an open three and crash the boards, does not need to be "fed" shots.

Wes and J-Hop coming off the bench has a major spark potential and will help ease some foul trouble situations.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  11. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

Found this over at cbs sports
    I agree, and I do hope that XJ spends more time at the 4 when conf play starts (link)

12. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

I don't care if XJ plays 3 or 4...he has to turn it up and become a dominant force for this team to get to the next level in their evolution to Basketball Superpower!!!

13. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

XJ returned to the 3 with Wes back in the starting line up and turned in his worst performance of the year. Tad is going to have to take a look at that over the next couple of weeks