What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Yogi Roth Appreciation Thread

Drewdown

I can't lie, I like Yogi and I think the feeling is mutual. He has always seemed to have a soft spot for The Buffs since the first 11am kickoff I heard him announce a Buffs game. Maybe he's a fan of the underdog or maybe he just took a liking to us entering the conference. Either way, his initial optimism that we would one day be competitive sealed the deal for me as a fan of Yogi. So, go Yogi!! Thanks for sticking with us through some **** years.

Well said and i agree. I also like how he breaks down complex concepts and explains them so that I can understand. I only played up through high school and wasn't much of a student of the game. His previews, chalk talks and fundamental plays help me appreciate the game.

You're right, he always seems to be in our corner and knows the program well. I'm always surprised to hear his anecdotes about the team during games. Does his homework unlike a lot of the broadcasters out there.

Yogi and Sam Ponder (Steele) were covering a lot of those Fox College Sports games. Their Rise preceded our rise by just a couple of years.

Why don't you get into the (non-existent) locker room with Trump!?!
I get the joke, but I still think it's unfair to characterize Schek's remarks as similar to Trump's. A joke about finding a girl attractive is light years apart from a claim of abusing status/power to sexually assault women.

So there ya go, Schek. I defended you. Don't think for a moment I feel good about it.

I get the joke, but I still think it's unfair to characterize Schek's remarks as similar to Trump's. A joke about finding a girl attractive is light years apart from a claim of abusing status/power to sexually assault women.

So there ya go, Schek. I defended you. Don't think for a moment I feel good about it.
The thought never crossed my mind, although, I'm a little taken aback that you even had to defend me.

Back