1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You can't stop recruiting arguments, you can only hope to contain them

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffs233, Dec 27, 2013.

1. buffs233

buffs233 John Henderson's Sock

Henderson is right. He was one of the very few in the media honest enough to ask difficult questions about the joke and total embarrassment CU has become in football. This current recruiting class adds to the lore - it's the worst on paper I have ever seen from any BCS program. With Henderson gone, the rest of the media and CU fans will just pretend it's just fine to recruit Mtn West/WAC level players and try to compete in the PAC 12.

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

What in the holy f**k is the matter with you?

3. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Dude.

HCMM has recruited well given his circumstances. He salvaged Embree's class with some pieces that have contributed in huge ways as freshman. Addison Gillam, Chidobe Awuzie, Michael Adkins. There are quite a few freshman that we haven't seen from that class that I anticipate will be major contributors next season and spent this season redshirting to get bigger, stronger, faster.

The class he is working on now is filling out nicely. We are beating out some BCS teams on a few guys. We are hitting areas of need. Coach has nothing to sell except his vision right now. Wait for the facilities plans to be announced and wait until we make a bowl game again and watch recruiting take off. HCMM has a plan and I believe we are on schedule if not slightly ahead of schedule on the road he is taking us on.

4. sackman

Don't go there. He isn't interested in that kind of stuff. He'd rather bloviate about how bad things are.

5. buffs233

buffs233 John Henderson's Sock

Totally, unequivocally disagree - things are absolutely not on the right track. Only a CU fan could be delusional enough to think this is the case with as bad a recruiting class as I have ever seen from a BCS program.

A program does not get better in the PAC 12 by recruiting a group of choir boys and good students who only have the athletic talent to compete in the Mtn West/WAC. Their lack of BCS offers proves this is the case. This staff has the worst collection of recruiters ever at CU, and it is not even close.

If you want to call that being on the right track, be my guest.

6. sackman

OK braniac, I'll bite: Given the current state of CU football, how, exactly, do YOU propose we improve our recruiting? Keep in mind that we're one year removed from being the abolute worst football program in America. With that in mind, how are we supposed to recruit the kinds of players that you're talking about?

7. Shldr2Shldr

Ok **** head...

Apsay: 3* 2 BCS offers
    Bennion: 2*/3* 3 BCS offers
    Brown: 3* 1 BCS offer
    Dotson: 3* 5 BCS offers
    Franke: 3* 2 BCS offers
    Gamboa: 3* 1 BCS offer
    Jones: 2* 1 BCS offer
    Kaiser: 1 BCS offer +
    Keeney: 3* 1 BCS offer

Lee: 3* 2 BCS offers
    Lopez: 2*/3* 1 BCS offer
    Mathewes: 2* 1 BCS offer
    Miller: 3* 2 BCS offers (IMO Only doesn't have more because there is 0 chance he doesn't go to CU)
    Rodriguez: 2*/3* 6 BCS offers
    Sanchez: 2* 1 BCS offer
    Shaver: 2* 2 BCS offers
    Smith: 1 BCS offer (JUCO) +
    Walker: 3* 2 BCS offers
    Watanabe: 3* 2 BCS offers
    White: 2*/3* 1 BCS offer
    Witherspoon: 2 BCS offers (JUCO) +

Bolded are guys who only hold offers from us at the BCS level. Most hold many other offers from non AQ, FBS programs.

+ Indicates a player who is unranked on the major services. Of the 3, 2 are JUCO which is much farther behind on the ranking priority list.

That is a class full of solid, core, athletes. This class is one that will plug our holes and at least get us back to .500

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  8. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Usually you only count other teams as bcs offers.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I think that's why he bolded the guys with 1 BCS offer. Because we were the only BCS offer.

10. Shldr2Shldr

Why? We are a BCS Program. Despite our recent history our offers still carry the weight of playing in the Pac-12 Conference.

11. sliderNcider

Well he also counted us for every other recruit.

12. sliderNcider

Well no chit. If we offer they technically have a bcs offer. Duh. But thats not the point. If CU offers Jay mac and he commits , do we say ,"Well at least he has a bcs offer?":wtf:

fatbuff likes this.
  13. Shldr2Shldr

IMO our offer carries weight. That is why I listed it. But because of opinions like yours is why I noted that many of the players that only have a BCS level offer from also carry FBS level offers from many other programs.

14. tsarbomba

tsarbomba One Damn Dirty Ape Club Member

John Henderson retiring

Shouldn't Jay Mac just be a walk-on anyway? His dad makes more than $2,000,000 a year, he can get instate tuition, and he can even live at home. Why would HCMM want to use a scholarship slot on him?

15. Shldr2Shldr

HCMM has said his son has always had the dream of earning a scholarship to go to college. He will give him every opportunity to do that. If that is here than so be it.

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

If they commit to us, the offer is rather implicit. No need to spell it out.

17. Shldr2Shldr

I didn't trust that he would understand that.

18. Junction

That's not what he did.

19. sliderNcider

Itt we learn all of our commits have offers from cu.

20. sliderNcider

Yes he did.

Watanabe 2 bcs offers: Utah and CU
    Witherspoon 2 bcs offers: Udub and CU

Etc

21. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

I cant believe recruiting is so ****ty that it is important enough to clarify that we are indeed the only BCS offer. Pump away sunshiners.

22. Shldr2Shldr

Short of cheating, please give me an idea of how anyone could recruit better given our situation? Only type of guy that could do it, would be name guys like Gruden, Urban, Saban, Miles, etc. They won't be coming here with the culture we have. No way.

23. sliderNcider

Low standards eh? Anyways 10th recruiting doom threAd in the last couple weeks. Is that a record?

24. Shldr2Shldr

Not low at all. But it is unrealistic to expect them to bring in top rated talent right away. It just doesn't happen. Especially not with the facilities the way they are and our recent history as bad as it is. I fully expect our staff to begin bringing in upper level talent as soon as we get plans together for facilities and we return to the post season. But we have to do this the old fashioned way. We don't have the benefit of a coach or a staff that can recruit just because he is who he is.

25. sliderNcider

Well idk about you but I have higher expectations than the worst ranked bcs class. Besides Connecticut we have the lowest star average of any bcs program. Lower than Cal, Purdue, KANSAS, South Florida etc.

26. Junction

Which is totally different from your McIntyre example where we are his only BCS offer, then saying "he had a BCS offer". When we were the only offer, he made that very clear.

27. Shldr2Shldr

USF: Facilities upgrades finished 2012
    Training Complex http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=220399
    Field Upgrades http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=205346497

Cal: Facilities upgrades finished 2013
    Training Complex and Stadium renovation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KbCydniGMw

Purdue: Facilities upgrades finished 2006
    Renovations and Field upgrades http://www.purduesports.com/facilities/mollenkopf-athletic-center.html

Kansas: Facilities upgrades finished 2008
    Football training complex http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/2013/6/27/GEN_0627130038.aspx?id=192

CU: Facilities upgrades finished 2012 (New Big Screen)
    Facilities renovated 2003 (East side stadium expansion)
    Dal Ward last upgraded 1991

28. sliderNcider

Facilities is big but that's not the only sell. Plus MacIntyre has been selling our facilities to recruits already (see rivals). S2S... what is your expectation? And, "I have no expectation... Let Mac get whoever he wants" etc etc doesn't count

29. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

We've got 5* mods. Carry on.

30. Shldr2Shldr

I am expecting upper level 2*/3* guys at positions of need. I expect that once we get to post season for us to be competing for upper level 3*/4* recruits. I expect us to begin beating out non-AQ schools for talent this year and certainly next year.

What exactly has he been selling to recruits? "We have facilities coming, but we don't know what they will be, what they will look like, or where they will be built." That sounds like a whole lot of nothing. Until he is presenting rendered photos and 3D models, I think it is just about pointless.