1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You watch, we will win another game this season.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Timbuff10, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

And then the admin will have something to point to and claim we are improving and we need to see how next year goes. I don't know how the win will happen, but it will be ugly I am sure... maybe the first and second string QBs go down on the other team and we eek one out with a pick 6 in the last minute.

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Yeah, I have the same feeling...

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

4. SuperBuff

SuperBuff Club Member Club Member

Agree

5. 30Something

30Something Distinguished Brotha Club Member

I've been thinking the exact same thing. Logic says its impossible. But my gut says your right on this.

6. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

I was just reminded last night that Hawt has never seen a loss at Folsom. She will be in attendance for the last two home games. TIM is probably right.

7. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I hope you are wrong. I hope Washington and Utah beat the Buffs by 50+ points each. I hope this experiment is soon to come to a conclusion.

But you are probably right.

8. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I actually hope that you are right...not because of any motive to keep the staff, but I will always take a win.

9. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Shouldn't this be in the Basketball forum?

I could see the football team rallying for the last game, but I won't be putting any money on it.

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Going from three wins to two wins would not be improvement under any circumstances.

11. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Not a chance. /thread

12. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I'd feel better about pulling out a win if Greg Brown hadn't mailed it in even more than before (is that possible?)

13. branjohb

branjohb Member

It Doesn't Matter .....

what any of us think, they are going to keep Embree anyway. They can lose the last two games big time and they will chalk it up to building a deep foundation (yeah, I know).

So .... I hope we win just for the sake of pride and I hope Embree turns this thing around (yeah, I know, I have big doubts as well) because CU administration and Bohnhead would not replace him with a name brand, they would go to the bargain bin section of position coaches to find a new head coach. And that would just add even more years of achieving any stability in the program. They are just not going to hire Saban or Kelly or any one good. Besides "any one good" would not come to Boulder, the program is tarnished and on life support.

Right now, finding a way for Embree to succeed is the least painful alternative and the only way to get him to succeed is to surround him with talented coaches. The first one that HAS TO GO is Greg Brown, I am not sure why it has not happened yet. And then Cabral (No room for keeping dinosaurs just because they were a Buff).

14. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

You never know. Hawk beat TT 30-6 and didn't have to punt until the very last quarter.

Then again, that defense was damn good that year. You can name all of the good players that year. The offense stuck it up, much like this year. Cabral even won a few after Hawk was fired with a bad team.

But this is on a whole other level of bad. We don't have the offense to keep up and our defense routinely gives up major plays.

15. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Anything can happen! And these two games ARE guaranteed wins. For some team.

I was just calculating our Points Scored vs Points Allowed compared to last year's squad. Embree's been amazingly consistent: we're only 58 points behind last year's Offensive explosion, and allowing only 56 points more points this year in Defensive prowess.

Embree's definitely achieved about as much balance as possible between his First Year and his Second Year.

16. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

How good is Utah? Since we suck so bad I have not followed CFB much this year outside of Oregon/Stanford/USC.

17. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

$100 say you are wrong

18. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

If I knew for sure that losing this last game would be the nail in the coffin for this staff and we would spend money to hire the right guy, I would take that bet in a heartbeat. But I just dont think I could take being out of $100 and this staff coming back because they eeked out a win.

19. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

This admin does not need a reason to prove their incompetence. They simply are.

20. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Accidental

21. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Utah doesn't have to be very good to beat the Buffs. This team would have trouble punching its way out of the proverbial paper bag.

22. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Utah is now 4-7. They've got nothing to play for except pride. They have been terrible on the road all year. The most points they've scored on the road is 20 at Utah State in their 2nd game of the season.

This is the game the Buffs will win.

23. buffedup

Possible. Plus now that their team is not bowl eligible, we are looking at two "good":cry: scenarios. One: The Utah fans won't be travelling to this game because it is meaningless, and they don't want their worst nightmare of losing to Colorado, so the stadium attendance will be incredibly bad. Two: If a bad Utah team starting a true freshman QB blows out Colorado at home as the final home game to nail the coffin on the worst season (1-11, winless at home) shut, it might possibly be enough for them to hit the Red Nuke button.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  24. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Utah is a gutless, heartless team that won't care if they lose to us one bit. Losing to us last year is zero motivation - kicking them out of the good bowl last year castrated them, and they're still worthless.

This is another guaranteed win.

(How's that for deflectionism?!!)

25. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

Maybe the coaches will let the seniors set the roster and make the play calls. If so, we beat Utah by 21pts. If not, the 12,000 in attendance will watch Greg Brown, Bienemy and Embry coach our kids to a 31pt loss. Sigh.

26. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

You watch, we will win another game this season.

Nev-ah gunna happ'n

27. DenverBuff77

DenverBuff77 Member

We will be without Powell because of the concussion. I guess Embo succeed in running one of the only bright spots on the whole team into the ground. Without Pow and with Webb under center we will still lose by 14+

28. buffedup

I swear, this team is absolutely snake bitten. Richardson out for season, our best RB out with a concussion. Last week, we see the first decent QB play of the season, and he gets knocked out with a concussion and may not play again this season.:wtf:

29. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Go Utes. Hope they beat us by 30 in front of 32,000 people