What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your dark horse for the National Title.

I don't have a darkhorse prediction. I do have kind of an inverse to a darkhorse prediction. I think that Alabama will not be in the CFP.

I don't buy the BIG10 as champions. I think the final 4 will be OSU, Alabama, USC and maybe Oklahoma state.

Think it comes down to Alabama and USC so I guess USC is my pick.

I'll echo the sentiment of whoever said Stanford, as much as the thought disgusts me (Berkeley PhD; hate Furd more and more every year the streak continues)..

After watching OSU yesterday with an extremely experienced QB. A DL and OL that will all be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. A freshman RB that will prolly go for 1500. Wilson coaching the offense and Schiano coaching the defense. I don't think anyone else is even close. Urban looks like he in on a serious mission.

Washington State. Even if they don't win the Natty, they will make a run at the P12 north.

After watching OSU yesterday with an extremely experienced QB. A DL and OL that will all be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. A freshman RB that will prolly go for 1500. Wilson coaching the offense and Schiano coaching the defense. I don't think anyone else is even close. Urban looks like he in on a serious mission.

You watched that game and came away more impressed with Ohio State?

Interesting. CU has scoreboard on the trees. And because of the weird way the PAC 12 schedules, we keep it until at least 2019.
Yes, and that was very satisfying. But the streak against Berkeley is now at the longest either team has ever held in the series.

You watched that game and came away more impressed with Ohio State?
It not that I wasn't impressed with Indiana...Indiana has a roster similar to the Buffs last year (seniors and experienced players) minus a few pieces. BUT once ohio state got going I started considering another draft like 2015 when 5 ohio state players went in the 1st round. They are stacked beyond stacked and even bama doesn't have that kind of talent returning. Indiana's QB was getting rid of the ball within 2 seconds every time he back peddled. The freaking gameplan by DeBord was phenom BUT it was one dimensional because IU could not rush against that DLine. They hung til the end of the 3rd quarter though. Indiana will be plenty good this year and give penn state and michigan great games again with the roster they have. They have played both really close the past couple years. ohio state though...They are seriously on another planet.

Talent has not been the issue for awhile at Ohio State.

The issues on offense and in the secondary did not just magically disappear with a great second half.

Yep, and I don't see any of those teams being head and shoulders better than the Badgers.

Me neither, but it kinda puts a kink in the favorable schedule argument. They've had weird stuff happen with them in the Big Ten championship. They have blown out teams they were supposed to struggle with (kNU) and they have lost games that they should have won (PSU last year). Putting them in against OSU or making them beat Michigan for the second time is a tall ask, imo.

My thought is that Wisconsin is a possibility (although at 9 I don't know if they're a dark horse anyway), but the much more likely scenario is that a team like Okie Lite, who doesn't have a CCG, or Auburn, whose CCG would probably be just another SEC West beatdown of the SEC East team, could find themselves in a better position comes year's end.

Me neither, but it kinda puts a kink in the favorable schedule argument. .
Not really, since 1)probably every contender will play in a conference title game and 2) the point still remains that their 12 regular season games set up ridiculously favorably. They have a single ranked team on the schedule and get them at home. That's pretty freaking favorable.

Me neither, but it kinda puts a kink in the favorable schedule argument. They've had weird stuff happen with them in the Big Ten championship. They have blown out teams they were supposed to struggle with (kNU) and they have lost games that they should have won (PSU last year). Putting them in against OSU or making them beat Michigan for the second time is a tall ask, imo.

My thought is that Wisconsin is a possibility (although at 9 I don't know if they're a dark horse anyway), but the much more likely scenario is that a team like Okie Lite, who doesn't have a CCG, or Auburn, whose CCG would probably be just another SEC West beatdown of the SEC East team, could find themselves in a better position comes year's end.
Couple things...

1. Big 12 has a Championship game this year

2. Every team that gets into the CFP is going to have to beat a good team at some point, whether that's in the CCG or regular season. The point is, Wisconsin has the easiest route to an undefeated regular regular season of just about any team in the country, and then just has to win the CCG over beatable OSU, PSU or maybe UM.

Would be cool to see the U, they've been out of major contention for awhile. As long as Dame, Nubs, and Ewes say out of the conversation completely, I'm all about Buffs, then okie lite or huskies.

Couple things...

1. Big 12 has a Championship game this year

2. Every team that gets into the CFP is going to have to beat a good team at some point, whether that's in the CCG or regular season. The point is, Wisconsin has the easiest route to an undefeated regular regular season of just about any team in the country, and then just has to win the CCG over beatable OSU, PSU or maybe UM.
This man gets it.

Back