What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CA WR William Jefferson (Committed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CA WR William Jefferson

I admittedly don't follow recruiting as closely as a lot of you, but this looks like the best WR class in a while. This kid looks like he can play, and if that's true, I think we should take him. (I'd say the same esp about quality at DL.) That doesn't change the worries about Simmons, though, he will be a great addition when he qualifies.

I don't follow recruiting as closely as some here, and I certainly don't understand the APR (is that what it's called?) thing, but does this make sense?

Hawk knows that we have a scholarship limit coming next year due apr issues. We have extra scholarships this year and hawk knows with the future limits there will be no way to reach the 85 limit. The extra schollarships that he has this year will disappear with the new limit, so he figures, wtf, let's use them now.

Considering the timing (where we are just hearing about this and that with our commits and the NCAA clearinghouse), it's possible that everybody backed off this kid because he looked like he wouldn't qualify, but Keisau kept in touch.
When, voila!, the kid turns out to be fully qualified, CU invites him for an official.

No offer (as far as I can tell), but a good relationship the coaches is established as they are probably now deciding what to do. Whether or not this relates to Simmons getting in or not, who knows, but he is no way a bottom of the barrel player, IMO.

Considering the timing (where we are just hearing about this and that with our commits and the NCAA clearinghouse), it's possible that everybody backed off this kid because he looked like he wouldn't qualify, but Keisau kept in touch.
When, voila!, the kid turns out to be fully qualified, CU invites him for an official.

No offer (as far as I can tell), but a good relationship the coaches is established as they are probably now deciding what to do. Whether or not this relates to Simmons getting in or not, who knows, but he is no way a bottom of the barrel player, IMO.
If that's true, then why did every other school back off of him? There are a lot of recruits out there with grade issues that are recruited just as hard as other schools.

The biggest thing that concerns me is every other school backing off. Normally schools will stay in contact so they can have a chance when he comes out of a JUCO. Nobody did that.

If that's true, then why did every other school back off of him? There are a lot of recruits out there with grade issues that are recruited just as hard as other schools.

The biggest thing that concerns me is every other school backing off. Normally schools will stay in contact so they can have a chance when he comes out of a JUCO. Nobody did that.

Maybe with this whole "school transfer deal" they thought he was a 2010?

I really don't know. Obviously I want this kid to be
a) great
b) a buff.

Both, please.

If we offered then he's ours.

Yeah Scout's profile contradicts the article which says the coaches plan to let him know soon if he'll be offered.

Free Scout info:

First team All-Inland Valley League as a senior at wide receiver.
He amassed approximately 2,400 all-purpose yards as a wide receiver, running back and kick returner during his second season.
He played in the Southern California Fiesta Bowl following his senior year. Complications with his academic records led to him being lightly recruited.
He is a full qualifier.

No idea what the bolded part means, except sometimes a review must go in favor of the kid, as seems to have happened.

Meh. Seems like a real reach, who knows. I guess we'll take one WR in this class or something weird because that is what we do with WRs.:smile:

Committed to Colorado per Kyle Ringo.

Kewl!

And this goes for one of the fast recruitments ever. The profile was posted less than 24 hours ago (Yesterday, 08:03 PM) and he's been offered and accepted.

The power of Allbuffs!

Oh, yeah, like you think it was the coaches, or something? yeah. Right.

Kewl!

And this goes for one of the fast recruitments ever. The profile was posted less than 24 hours ago (Yesterday, 08:03 PM) and he's been offered and accepted.

The power of Allbuffs!

Oh, yeah, like you think it was the coaches, or something? yeah. Right.

Rep! Definitely feeling the mojo from this thread!!!

I'm very excited that we brought in another WR.

Welcome William,

Time now to prove a bunch of negative message board geeks wrong and become a star.

In all seriousness I think this is a good move. We are still light at WR. I don't think that the staff would have gone after this guy if they didn't think he could play. I prefer HS guys over JC since we have time to develop them and even if it is just on specials we get four years of play out of them.

If this has anything to do with the Simmons situation, the coaches will have a lot of explaining to do. I think this staff has done a pretty good job recruiting, but they have really dropped the ball on WRs. You guys can spin this situation all you want, but it is not a coincidence that our WR situation is questionable right now. The staff has earned the benefit of the doubt in a lot of areas, but WR recruiting is not one of those. Talk about hodge podge.
I agree, strange situation and our wr chinese fire-drill lately has been :wow: Hawk is now in charge of wr's so get ready for more :wow:

No headshot, but here's a screen print from his youtube highlights.

wjeffersonscreenprint.jpg

Welcome William,

Time now to prove a bunch of negative message board geeks wrong and become a star.

In all seriousness I think this is a good move. We are still light at WR. I don't think that the staff would have gone after this guy if they didn't think he could play. I prefer HS guys over JC since we have time to develop them and even if it is just on specials we get four years of play out of them.

:nod:

the YouTube video looked pretty spectacular. I can definitely see how this guy complements the big Ussery and bigger Darden.

It will be REALLY interesting to find out the whole story behind this guys' recruitment, that's for sure.

No kidding, watching the video, he reminded me of J-Fly.

New (premium) Scout Story by Kyle Ringo is up.

Key information: he's cleared NCAA, has already been admitted to CU, and will be on campus next week if not sooner.

This little tidbit at the end was great to see:

"Jefferson said he already has been cleared by the NCAA and admitted to CU. He said that was part of the wait this summer. CU coaches didn't want to bring him into the program unless they knew he would be qualified."

Doesn't sound like this has anything at all to do with Andre Simmons. We just wanted Jefferson and were holding a scholarship for him if he could get himself qualified. :thumbsup:

This little tidbit at the end was great to see:

"Jefferson said he already has been cleared by the NCAA and admitted to CU. He said that was part of the wait this summer. CU coaches didn't want to bring him into the program unless they knew he would be qualified."

Doesn't sound like this has anything at all to do with Andre Simmons. We just wanted Jefferson and were holding a scholarship for him if he could get himself qualified. :thumbsup:

Ah, it's all clear now: The ole silent commit that hasn't yet been offered but soon will be at any moment ploy. Apparently it worked.

Pow. Just like that WilJeff is a Buff. Welcome to the hurd! Nice to have some speed. May your routes be crisp and your hands be sure!

This was so very under the radar for the 2009 class. In reading Ringo's piece, I saw UCLA had shown interest. I'm looking at all those 2000+ all purpose yards and thinking about J-Fly. I'm thinking about how Slick Rick offers more schollys than he has available. I'm putting two and two together and thinking some calls have been going on between the 303-492 and 310-825 telephone numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good. As long as it was grades that were the issue and not talent (or other....) I am totally fine with this. Speed is good. Elusiveness is good. Looking forward to seeing the newest (and potentially, the most interesting) buff kick some ass in the next few years!

Back