What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CA WR William Jefferson (Committed to Colorado)

We may not have true burners this Fall, but there will be plenty of fresh legs to run out there against CSewe. Should give us good real game situations to test all these new guys. If our O-Line and running game can, you know, give us a comfortable lead to work with in the second half.

Only other guy off the top of my head from Mo-Valley is Antoine McGee. Let's hope Mr. Jefferson is more consistent!

Pow. Just like that WilJeff is a Buff. Welcome to the hurd! Nice to have some speed. May your routes be crisp and your hands be sure!

This was so very under the radar for the 2009 class. In reading Ringo's piece, I saw UCLA had shown interest. I'm looking at all those 2000+ all purpose yards and thinking about J-Fly. I'm thinking about how Slick Rick offers more schollys than he has available. I'm putting two and two together and thinking some calls have been going on between the 303-492 and 310-825 telephone numbers.

Coaches can email as much as they want, and recruits can call them back.
Good for Keisau keeping the door open, nothing like having a kid who REALLY wants to be in Boulder get to fulfill that wish.

It's said several times it was NOT grades, it was a problem caused by transferring his senior year that his transcripts weren't in order for NCAA to review.

Coaches can email as much as they want, and recruits can call them back.
Good for Keisau keeping the door open, nothing like having a kid who REALLY wants to be in Boulder get to fulfill that wish.

It's said several times it was NOT grades, it was a problem caused by transferring his senior year that his transcripts weren't in order for NCAA to review.

I should have been more clear. Looks to me like the coaches from CU and UCLA may have been scratching each other's backs during the month of July.

This is bizarre. So he's in, now?

Gotta say that a little more depth at WR has to be considered a good thing. Simmons, Simas, Darden, Ussery, McKnight & Jefferson. I guess that's not too bad. Might even be able to redshirt Darden and/or Ussery, especially with the Michigan kid coming in next year.

1. Apparently good (still havn't seen video). 2. Coaches like him. 3. Grades/graduation, NOT play or other issues, are why he hasn't been recruited. 4. NOT A JUCO. 5. DEPTH.

I believe those are the reasons listed as to why we like this. Clever steal coaches!

He had some good stuff in those videos. He also has some pretty decent size (weight). He didn't look like he was afraid to go in the middle of the field - which would make him a nice slot receiver some day.

This guy looks like he could really step in for Scotty at the slot when he graduates, Nice pickup!

I should have been more clear. Looks to me like the coaches from CU and UCLA may have been scratching each other's backs during the month of July.

I'm guessing you're not serious. UCLA hasn't contacted this kid since last winter. Slick wouldn't know true talent that is under-the-radar if it hit him in the face.

Contrastingly, this staff built a program out of 1-2 star kids from Southern Californina at Boise State.

Hawk may not be bringing in as many 4-5 star kids as we'd like (at least not yet), but one CANNOT deny that every kid in the last 3 years that we've seen hit the field are football players. They may have been lacking the height or had an extra tenth in their forty time that kept them off of USC's team. But every single kid I've seen come in can play football and plays 100% flat out to win (J-Fly perhaps as the lone exception). That hasn't always been the case.

I'm pretty comfortable with these under-the-radar types. Pretty much every kid at Boise State would help us at this point and I'm pretty sure we using the same approach but able to get some better talent. That will only improve with more W's.

Can we play some football now?

It was pure speculation hatched in the wee hours of the AM.
When Ringo was selling the kid in this morning's paper, he mentioned UCLA. WilJef was talking about God working in mysterious ways. I smelled the stench of Slick Rick, who has a habit of working in mysterious ways, be they divine or otherwise. The addition of J-Fly's release to UCLA after the panel determined a release to only USC is the only other point in which to trianglate.

I have nothing but Internet scumbaggary to back this up.

But I'm glad to see more depth coming in at this late date. The kid has gone through a roller coaster, and I'm glad to have him on the team.

I'm not worried about this development. Hawk wouldn't have said we were expecting big things from Simmons at the Big 12 media days and Keisau wouldn't have offered Jefferson this late in the game if there wasn't total confidence on both of them clearing NCAA & admissions.

Wow.. so Jefferson is not completely cleared yet and Simmons could practice for 14 days before we even find out if he is eligible (Could be longer).

I thought Simmons was done with his work already?

Wow.. so Jefferson is not completely cleared yet and Simmons could practice for 14 days before we even find out if he is eligible (Could be longer).

I thought Simmons was done with his work already?

Yes. I find it amazing how difficult it seems to be to report on this seemingly cut-and-dried topic. I feel like I'm missing something.

In the case of Jefferson, it sounds as though the young man was a little exhuberant. But how long have we been tracking Simmons? How difficult is it to know exactly how many classes he has, when they'll be done, and what he needs to achieve to be on the field? It was reported a week or two ago that he was complete with classes, but this blog indicates that he finished today?

Yes. I find it amazing how difficult it seems to be to report on this seemingly cut-and-dried topic. I feel like I'm missing something.

In the case of Jefferson, it sounds as though the young man was a little exhuberant. But how long have we been tracking Simmons? How difficult is it to know exactly how many classes he has, when they'll be done, and what he needs to achieve to be on the field? It was reported a week or two ago that he was complete with classes, but this blog indicates that he finished today?

Very odd. I guess so much for the "our coaches were just waiting for him to clear admissions before we offered" rumor.

Hawk may not be bringing in as many 4-5 star kids as we'd like (at least not yet), but one CANNOT deny that every kid in the last 3 years that we've seen hit the field are football players. They may have been lacking the height or had an extra tenth in their forty time that kept them off of USC's team. But every single kid I've seen come in can play football and plays 100% flat out to win (J-Fly perhaps as the lone exception). That hasn't always been the case.

I'm pretty comfortable with these under-the-radar types. Pretty much every kid at Boise State would help us at this point and I'm pretty sure we using the same approach but able to get some better talent. That will only improve with more W's.

So basically the coaches can do no wrong. Gotcha.

Hawk may not be bringing in as many 4-5 star kids as we'd like (at least not yet), but one CANNOT deny that every kid in the last 3 years that we've seen hit the field are football players.

I'm sorry, but what does this mean?

Simmons may simply be dealing with those wonderful idots at the NCAA clearinghouse. Reports are that he has completed all of his classes and meets the requirements to be admitted to CU. I am sure that if this were not the case Hawk would not be so outspoken about him. The trouble is that the NCAA works at their own pace on these kids. Before they even start the grades have to be officially posted to transcripts and official transcripts have to be shipped directly from the school to the NCAA office. At that point you then wait for them to get around to verifying what you already know. Hopefully they don't drag their feet to much but with them who knows, they might just move slowly, they may question a class or two, etc. Lets hope they get their act together on this one and Simmons is in quickly.

Hawk said simmons would be ready to go so,after all the previous dealings with the ncaa, I don't understand why hawk would come out and say they are confident he'd be in this week when ringo says another 2 weeks.

It's a shame we have to be so dependent on a WR and always waiting until the last second to find out if they are eligible or not from the circus that is the ncaa clearing house.

I'm guessing you're not serious. UCLA hasn't contacted this kid since last winter. Slick wouldn't know true talent that is under-the-radar if it hit him in the face.

Contrastingly, this staff built a program out of 1-2 star kids from Southern Californina at Boise State.

Can we play some football now?
Every kid? We'll see how these " under the radar types" do in 2009,it's hawk's team now.

Back