What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

10 best coaching jobs that might be available

My business school training tells me CU and CSU should merge already and create a single, more competitive athletic department.
A house divided can not stand. The Invesco game is the only game most CSU fans care about.
Boulder doesn't sell out now and it's a small stadium by BCS standards. A merged CU-CSU would have a better chance of drawing >60K than anything CU might be able to build on it's own.
The Colo media market is oversaturated, and this is one way to concentrate college football fans into a single pool.
With only one team, the coaching staff could be paid better, too.

My business school training tells me CU and CSU should merge already and create a single, more competitive athletic department.
A house divided can not stand. The Invesco game is the only game most CSU fans care about.
Boulder doesn't sell out now and it's a small stadium by BCS standards. A merged CU-CSU would have a better chance of drawing >60K than anything CU might be able to build on it's own.
The Colo media market is oversaturated, and this is one way to concentrate college football fans into a single pool.
With only one team, the coaching staff could be paid better, too.

while i think this would be awful, a combined total enrollment of CU and CSU would make it competitive in resources (financial, endowments, etc,) with the Big 10 state heavies and UT and ATM's of the world. one of the problems CU has with regard these schools in terms of comparison or "prestige" is that they are simply almost twice as big as CU. the Big 8 schools are all about 30,000 enrollment and more like 25ish over the last 20 years whereas the Big 10 factories and UT/ATM are pushing 50,000 or more.

over time that's a big discrepancy as far pumping out alums and donors.

Last edited:
Back